[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Avernus Fantasy Advice

Avernus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to know if it is free or not. :D

1033311[/snapback]

5.00 per question....

that means if you want me to pick out your whole lineup...that's 5.00 per position..

but I'll answer 1 question free after the 3rd.....

BUY 3 AND GET 1 FREE!...

a one time promotion here at the Huddle!

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'd ask, but you already answered my question. :D

1033330[/snapback]

:D I did this last year on the fly kinda....

:D

also, funny how you answer like 100 questions and can't get a handful to your own question....that's why i don't do this frequently...

Edited by Avernus

:D I did this last year on the fly kinda....

:D

also, funny how you answer like 100 questions and can't get a handful to your own question....that's why i don't do this frequently...

1033336[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember, was just kidding around.

Agree, I was hoping for a little more love with my WDIS post as well. :D

Yeah, I remember, was just kidding around.

Agree, I was hoping for a little more love with my WDIS post as well. :D

1033347[/snapback]

haha...yea...I just act like I take it personal cuz it's funny that way....

last year when I did one of these....I got like 2-3 replies to my own and said feck this...

I know you told me Horn over Smith, but I have Fitz as well. Would you consider him a better option against San Fran?

1033378[/snapback]

I'm not sold on McCown unless he has a RB like he did last year....but the Niner D looks way too vulnerable for him not to at least see 100 and maybe a TD...

I'd start him for just this week...as he's due for another performance like week 1..

I've gotten a couple takes on this (including Hugh's), but so long as you're offering, I'm always interested in another opinion.

My first running back is Julius Jones. For my second starting RB I have to decide between:

C. Dillion vs. SD

S. Davis vs. GB

Their matchups seems pretty similiar, as is their performance to-date. I'm leaning towards Davis for the MNF effect, but last time I leaned his way it was a mistake.

The other question is WR. I'm starting Branch vs. SD in my first slot, but the second is between:

Ro. Smith @ Jax

Glenn @Oak

Don't think Bennet vs. Colts is as good an option. Love the Bronc, but worried about the matchup as well as the concussion -- leaning towards Glenn. Seems to be hot and could be a good matchup.

I've already asked Hugh this question but I'd like to get your take on these trade offers as I'm still undecided on both. Thanks in advance.

I gotta couple of trade offers at me right now...both in the same league.

Standard performance Scoring (No TE required) we start 3 WR's

My Team:

Pos Player, Team

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Jake Plummer, DEN

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Cedric Benson®, CHI

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Nate Burleson, MIN

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Braylon Edwards®, CLE

PK Lawrence Tynes, KC

Def Falcons, Team Defense, ATL

Team A:

Pos Player, Team

QB Brett Favre, GB

QB Carson Palmer, CIN

RB Warrick Dunn, ATL

RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

RB Ricky Williams, MIA

WR Darrell Jackson, SEA

WR Keenan McCardell, SD

WR Terrell Owens, PHI

WR Marcus Robinson, MIN

TE Tony Gonzalez, KC

PK Shayne Graham, CIN

Def Bills, Team Defense, BUF

Team B:

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Ahman Green, GB

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

TE Dallas Clark, IND

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

1st trade offer from Team A:

He's offering Owens and Jordan for Westbrook and one of my WR's (except Chad Johnson-I've already told him he's not getting him)

Right now I don't think I'm going to do this trade but wanted to get your opinion on it.

2nd trade offer from Team B:

He's offering Micheal Clayton for Larry Johnson.

I'm on the fence with this one. Clayton has done nothing to this point and with the running game and that defense the Bucs just haven't had to throw the ball much. I would like to get Harrison out of him, but I'm not sure he'd go for that. I'm thinking if I wait and Holmes gets hurt, LJ's stock will sore. Of course that may never happen. What do you think?

Thanks.

I've gotten a couple takes on this (including Hugh's), but so long as you're offering, I'm always interested in another opinion.

My first running back is Julius Jones. For my second starting RB I have to decide between:

C. Dillion vs. SD

S. Davis vs. GB

Their matchups seems pretty similiar, as is their performance to-date.  I'm leaning towards Davis for the MNF effect, but last time I leaned his way it was a mistake. 

The other question is WR.  I'm starting Branch vs. SD in my first slot, but the second is between:

Ro. Smith @ Jax

Glenn @Oak

Don't think Bennet vs. Colts is as good an option.  Love the Bronc, but worried about the matchup as well as the concussion -- leaning towards Glenn.  Seems to be hot and could be a good matchup.

1033390[/snapback]

I'd like to say davis...but there's a chance this game could be a shootout and also, he seems to be wearing thin early as Foster is now eating his way into the carries and receptions as well (not that Davis catches the ball...but he's still replacing him in spot duty more than you'd think he would this early)

and I'd go with Glenn as dallas will be in what will be another shootout and he'll be covered by someone who is NOT Charles Woodson, always a plus for someone who is a deep threat who will get to watch R Moss burn his defense AT LEAST2-3 times in the game...

Rod Smith isn't worth the start until he shows he is fine, and if he plays well this week with no minor or major setbacks, feel free to plug him in next week pending dallas' matchup as glenn seems to be a reliable #3 right now....

good luck

I've already asked Hugh this question but I'd like to get your take on these trade offers as I'm still undecided on both.  Thanks in advance.

I gotta couple of trade offers at me right now...both in the same league.

Standard performance Scoring (No TE required) we start 3 WR's

My Team:

Pos Player, Team

QB Matt Hasselbeck, SEA

QB Jake Plummer, DEN

RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

RB Cedric Benson®, CHI

RB Edgerrin James, IND

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

WR Nate Burleson, MIN

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Braylon Edwards®, CLE

PK Lawrence Tynes, KC

Def Falcons, Team Defense, ATL

Team A:

Pos Player, Team

QB Brett Favre, GB

QB Carson Palmer, CIN

RB Warrick Dunn, ATL

RB LaMont Jordan, OAK

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

RB Ricky Williams, MIA

WR Darrell Jackson, SEA

WR Keenan McCardell, SD

WR Terrell Owens, PHI

WR Marcus Robinson, MIN

TE Tony Gonzalez, KC

PK Shayne Graham, CIN

Def Bills, Team Defense, BUF

Team B:

QB Trent Green, KC

QB Byron Leftwich, JAC

RB Ronnie Brown®, MIA

RB Ahman Green, GB

RB Priest Holmes, KC

WR Ashley Lelie, DEN

WR Antwaan Randle El, PIT

WR Michael Clayton, TB

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

WR Eddie Kennison, KC

TE Dallas Clark, IND

PK Ryan Longwell, GB

Def Ravens, Team Defense, BAL

1st trade offer from Team A:

He's offering Owens and Jordan for Westbrook and one of my WR's (except Chad Johnson-I've already told him he's not getting him)

Right now I don't think I'm going to do this trade but wanted to get your opinion on it.

2nd trade offer from Team B:

He's offering Micheal Clayton for Larry Johnson. 

I'm on the fence with this one.  Clayton has done nothing to this point and with the running game and that defense the Bucs just haven't had to throw the ball much.  I would like to get Harrison out of him, but I'm not sure he'd go for that.  I'm thinking if I wait and Holmes gets hurt, LJ's stock will sore.  Of course that may never happen.  What do you think?

Thanks.

1033400[/snapback]

A)wouldn't move Westbrook right now...especially in a PPR league, whatever Jordan is doing in those leagues, Westy is doubling that...and TO will always produce, but you'd be taking a hit at RB and improving an already good WR lineup...

in my league, Westy is the #1 fantasy player and you should be able to get more for that...regardless of how tempting it would be to have CJ and RMoss coupled with Edge in your lineup....

you need more QB help than you do at WR...

B)I like LJ right now and his stock will only rise....the tampa passing attack will reveal itself in a few weeks, if not this week when Caddy finally gets a break or falls apart...

I'd wait on trading LJ...because when you drafted him, I don't think you were thinking "I hope I can get a WR like Michael Clayton in exchange for him"...I'd sit tight on that one as well and wait a little....as holmes looks like he's already hurting when he's out there...

Avernus - thanks for the opportunity - here is my question:

I want to know who you think I should pair with TO this week:

Reggie Wayne @ Tennessee

or

Jerry Porter V Dallas

Roster and scoring/starting requirements in my sig, thanks

1033401[/snapback]

Porter will be in a game that is a shootout, but that doesn't mean he's going to see many balls his way....not to mention whoever will be covering him won't exactly be a slouch...just not great...

Wayne should have a good game this week in what i expect to be the Colts coming out party this year....the Titans lack defense and have some weapons on offense to move the ball, unlike what most people will tell you...

Wayne is your choice....good luck...

Avernus -

Thanks for the help!  McNabb or Palmer this week?

Also, Which Defense out of Buffalo, Jacksonville, or San Fran?

Thanks!

1033539[/snapback]

Palmer and McNabb is pretty much fantasy football heaven right now...

I'd go with palmer and expect a week like last week from McNabb with less yards and expect alot more from Palmer....

plug palmer in and don't look back...

as for defense...I'll actually say jacksonville...I expect Plummer to do something stupid...alot of teams have trouble winning in jacksonville for some reason and the Bills might let up alot of yards but only around a TD or 2 and a FG....I think the saints will be every bit as fired up as they were in week 1 with an actual home crowd behind their backs this time....the Niners D is only considered as a bye week filler or if you have tough matchups with your D's...

so plug jax D in...Mike Anderson won't do much...I think that the bronco's play @Jax anyways :D

I need to start 3 of the following. I am leaning towards DJax, Williams and Curtis. Who would you go with?

DJax - Starting even though I think WAS will prevent him from doing much.

Roy W. - Will Harrington and Co. be able to throw on TB?

Coles - Bollinger? No thanks. He sits the bench this week.

Givens - Did he blow his wad last week or does he exploit SD. Or is it Branch this week instead of DG?

Curtis - Picked him up off waivers and with Bruce likely out, he has a tasty matchup with the NYG secondary.

I will return the favor with some insight. Thanks.

Averus, which defense should I pick up to start this week?

STL

DAL

WASH

MINN

Or any other WW fodder defenses you might recommend?

1033855[/snapback]

I'd go with the Vikings D and hope that Brooks screws up like he knows how to and Bennett explodes on the return team...

good luck..