[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL doesn't suck after all.

rajncajn

I posted on one of the Saints forums to see if anybody else had the same problem with not being able to watch the Saints game this past weekend and it turns out the game was on CBS. The problem was it was being televised on the CBS affiliate out of New Orleans & Mobile and since we are on dish the CBS station that we got was from another city that had the Indy game on. Furthermore the only local stations we can get are Fox, which showed the Tampa game & ABC which had no game. Had we had regular cable we would have gotten the game.

So it's Dish Network that sucks & not the NFL. :D

Edited by rajncajn

I posted on one of the Saints forums to see if anybody else had the same problem with not being able to watch the Saints game this past weekend and it turns out the game was on CBS. The problem was it was being televised on the CBS affiliate out of New Orleans & Mobile and since we are on dish the CBS station that we got was from another city that had the Indy game on. Furthermore the only local stations we can get are Fox, which showed the Tampa game & ABC which had no game. Had we had regular cable we would have gotten the game.

1040489[/snapback]

:D They black out the dish, if it is on locally.

The NFL still sucks.  Just the fact that most of us here believed the NFL would do something like that is enough to see there is a problem.

1040517[/snapback]

Truthfully when I thought they had I was pissed, but not surprised at all. I'm glad to know that I was wrong this time & have to give them a thumbs up despite not seeing the game myself.

1040489[/snapback]

I can see Direct TV in your future... :D

Truthfully when I thought they had I was pissed, but not surprised at all. I'm glad to know that I was wrong this time & have to give them a thumbs up despite not seeing the game myself.

1040569[/snapback]

The NFL should have Sunday Ticket for free. What's more american than football?

In addition I think if stations have a a choice between football games and infomercials(filler) they should be required to shoow football games.

Edited by Randall

Should absolutely be available through cable anyhow.

1040701[/snapback]

I believe that the current broadcast contracts give the broadcast networks some sort of veto right on the NFL giving broadcast rights to cable beyond what is currently contemplated. That is why the most recent DirecTV contract is exclsuive to satellite for its entire duration, but only exclusive versus cable for another 2 or 3 years (i.e., until the broadcast network contracts terminate and they lose that veto right). This would then give the NFL the right to give some sort of Sunday Ticket package to cable at that time, so I think we will see Sunday Ticket or something like it on cable within the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Allow me to caveat this by saying that my admittedly surface level understanding of this stuff could be completely and utterly wrong...but I think that's how the current contracts work.

I believe that the current broadcast contracts give the broadcast networks some sort of veto right on the NFL giving broadcast rights to cable beyond what is currently contemplated.  That is why the most recent DirecTV contract is exclsuive to satellite for its entire duration, but only exclusive versus cable for another 2 or 3 years (i.e., until the broadcast network contracts terminate and they lose that veto right).  This would then give the NFL the right to give some sort of Sunday Ticket package to cable at that time, so I think we will see Sunday Ticket or something like it on cable within the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Allow me to caveat this by saying that my admittedly surface level understanding of this stuff could be completely and utterly wrong...but I think that's how the current contracts work.

1040712[/snapback]

Interesting. I knew DirectTV had a lock for like 6-7yrs, but I was not aware there might be an "in" for cable in the foreseeable future. Just seems to me that DirectTV could have a grouping of channels on digital cable for the Sunday Ticket and use it for other pay-per-view stuff other times and make one helluva lot more money. I do not have a dish, nor will I, but if Sunday ticket were offered through my cable provider, I'd be all over it.

For now, it's sports bars...woe is me. :D

Guest THEbigred

GFB not being able to see that half-hindquarter team play.

Sure, I feel bad for all the tragedy people in Nawlins have suffered through, but I'm also sick to death about the Aints hype. I don't think them winning or losing will make THAT much of a diff. in their lives. Plus they suck. Again. Enough w/the hype already.

GFB not being able to see that half-hindquarter team play. 

Sure, I feel bad for all the tragedy people in Nawlins have suffered through, but I'm also sick to death about the Aints hype.  I don't think them winning or losing will make THAT much of a diff. in their lives.  Plus they suck.  Again.  Enough w/the hype already.

1041209[/snapback]

You really are an idiot.

I think here's our winner of the most obnoxious huddler.