[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Payton is back!

Pope Flick

It was nice to see the kid rushing a bit against the Colts, and looking pretty darn good too. Sure, it was probably scrub time for the Colts but it was good nonetheless.

Now, if only they hadn't put up that silly grpahic comparing father and son rushing stats. :D:D:D

As a Bear fan and Walter Payton devotee I can’t help but root for the kid. He was solid in NFL-E. True, he may not have what it takes to be big time, but he’s worked his way onto an NFL roster.

What he accomplishes will pale in comparison to his father (who doesn’t pale?), but at least he’s in “the show.” I’m rooting for him. Maybe he’s a late bloomer. My advice to him is watch his father run and just emulate that.

Few running backs ran with more passion than Payton…his heart took him to Canton and ONLY his heart. Sure, he was a talented athlete, but without the person he was Payton would have just been a decent back. His will made him arguably the greatest back ever.

Few running backs ran with more passion than Payton…his heart took him to Canton and ONLY his heart. Sure, he was a talented athlete, but without the person he was Payton would have just been a decent back. His will made him arguably the greatest back ever.

1042596[/snapback]

Um, wrong. Walter Payton has a lot in common with Jerry Rice - they had immense talent, they would've probably been above average players with decent enough effort. Their work ethic took them above and beyond, but you can't build a house without a solid foundation to start with - and in the NFL that foundation is speed, strength, and durability.

Um, wrong. Walter Payton has a lot in common with Jerry Rice - they had immense talent, they would've probably been above average players with decent enough effort. Their work ethic took them above and beyond, but you can't build a house without a solid foundation to start with - and in the NFL that foundation is speed, strength, and durability.

1043635[/snapback]

Ahh, NO ITS NOT WRONG. It's my opinion and by the definition of opinion it is neither right or wrong, just opinion.

You said they would have been "above average" players with decent talent. That is exactly what I said in a sense. "Above aveage" players DONT MAKE THE HALL OF FAME. My comment was Payton's character, his will, drive, heart, etc...is what separated him from the "above average" and made him a Hall of Famer.

So basically you said I was wrong and then reiterated (in your own words) pretty much the point of my post, which was opinion to begin with.