[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so frustrating

dmarc117

What I can't fathom is teams that are 0-6 or 2-4 that won't accept a trade, even if it takes their 1 great player and replaces him with a couple of good players, thus giving him both depth and instant contributers. Heaven forbid you ever trade your first overall pick to make up for the lousy picks you made in rounds 2 - 10. :D

Balzac, those were both excellent trade offers. In the past, I have successfully traded Edge for TO, straight up. You have to wonder what some owners are deluding themselves with.

What I can't fathom is teams that are 0-6 or 2-4 that won't accept a trade, even if it takes their 1 great player and replaces him with a couple of good players, thus giving him both depth and instant contributers.  Heaven forbid you ever trade your first overall pick to make up for the lousy picks you made in rounds 2 - 10.  :D

1084451[/snapback]

AMEN :D

Let me give up my depth for one shot at brilliance -- you take my depth and climb back into at least contention. :D

:D IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND YOU MINDLESS, McNUGGETLESS NONTRADERS???

Really tough to make trades, as with any other business the concept of win-win is not necessarily part of an owners psyee. I have made 3 trades so far this year.

Traded Favre for L Fitzgerald (Fitz owner had Vick and Warner both down)

Traded R Wayne/L Jordan/J Jurevicous for P Holmes/Plummer/Andre Johnson (after week 5)

Traded A Johnson for Brandon Jones

The one thing we found after 12 years of the same league that promotes trades is to almost force them. Our league does not allow free agent add/drops through the first 6 weeks of the season. We have 16 roster spots and each team is required to draft atleast 13 players to start the season. Once the 16 roster spots are filled that's it until a supplemental draft (which we hold in week 7) when we reduce rosters to max of 14, and further players can be dropped with owners of teams drafting additional players to get to 14. Then we allow 3-4 add/drops for remainder of the season. Gave us all a reason to get together again and promoted more trades. Still only 4 trades occured I was in 3.

I had to pound away at it for a few weeks, but finally found one guy who is willing to make fair trades.

With some others, I made offers that so obviously would help us both, but they always wanted just a little bit more. One offer could have gotten both of us a win last week, instead we both lost by a few points. :D:D

One league I'm 0-6. My line-up isn't terrible but I keep losing by a couple points. I posted "any trade considered"

I was offered Mike Clayton & Caddy (from me) for Booker & Az Hakim (just signed).

This is pretty typical of most of my leagues.

I haven't made a trade this year. I can't remember the last time I offered one. If someone wants to make a trade all they have to do is offer. I've had no offers. Of course most of my team are crap and I don't want my rosters so I'm not sure why anyone else would, either. :D

during the Monday night game, i got an offer of Mike Anderson for Edge, and since I was the one with Edge, I declined.

when I make a trade offer, I try and make it a win/win for both sides, e.g., trading depth for a stud, or strength for strength. And some teams i write off because it is not a good fit...

I guess the key is not to take it personal and keep pluggin'

I haven't made a trade this year.  I can't remember the last time I offered one.  If someone wants to make a trade all they have to do is offer.  I've had no offers.  Of course most of my team are crap and I don't want my rosters so I'm not sure why anyone else would, either.  :D

1087109[/snapback]

Uh, I've offered.

:D  Kidding, right?

1087292[/snapback]

to make matters worse, he said he would take Kennison off my hands, too!

I asked him "in what world is that a fair trade?" and he said something about Bell being a fluke and Edge's bye week is coming up.

i can't tell if he meant it as a joke, or was hoping I was drunk and/or stupid

One league I just joined this year favors RB point wise. We start 2 with an option for a 3rd. One team, running 2nd to last, every year I'm told essentially drafts nothing but running backs. He hordes them all season and rarely ever trades them. When he does trade them, he demands more then they are worth. We're talking R. Moss for C. Benson or McNabb for Rhodes type of lopsidedness.

Another team only will trade his crap players, and also wants top dollar for them. A few weeks ago he wanted to trade away Trent Green, but demanded a top RB for him. He explicitly said that 2 decent players don't make 1 great one. I disagree to an extent with his logic, but hey, it was his choice. There was no way people are going to give him what he wanted unless they were desperate for a player. And in his case, there were several decent QB options on the waivers that people could get for free. Needless to say, he still has Green.

I don't have a problem making a lopsided trade if it benifits me in some way. The benifit doesn't have to be immediate, but hopefully have potential. I traded eManning, NE Def, and Blaylock for CPep, Atl Def, and Shipp. the RB and Def were, at the time, about a wash. I ended up with the better pair so far though. eManning was hot and I had just picked him up off waivers and CPep was a bust, but I was taking a chance that he would come around for pManning's bye week...and he still could I suppose. Overall I think came out the better end although initially it might have looked like he had.