[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest vs Johnson

Footballjoe

I am a Priest owner and not a happy one. I understand that Priest and Johnson were going to share carries with Priest getting a favorable 2-1 ratio. WHAT HAPPENED? How did Johnson end up with more carries?  :D

1093765[/snapback]

Holmes: 18 for 90 w/2tds

Johnson: 23 for 93 w/1 td

If your not happy with Holmes production I am sure somebody in your league would be happy to take him off your hands. :D

Is this really a problem? :D

I guess I am anger because in our league we only get rushing yard points for every 100 yards and that's hard to do if you don't get the carries. I know why he was left on the draft board so long now. However, getting 12 points for 2 td's should be enough. I am just a little concerned for what might happen in the upcoming weeks.

Wondering the same thing. I'd guess if KC has the game in hand, LJ will run it more to preserve Holmes for down the stretch. If KC is down, then they'll revert to 2-1 ratio....

I have LJ, Bell, and Bettis. Its a real headache who to start there if I need one....

Actually, Holmes had a series with a 35 yard run, and Green threw long passes when he was in (better blocker?). So he can actually take his carries down by peeling off long yardage. That shows in the simularity of rush yards gained total, not attempts. And Holmes got the brass ring... 2 TDs.

Edited by cre8tiff

The ratio was 2 series to 1 series. If they are more successful when LJ is in, he can get more carries. Make sense?

1094272[/snapback]

this is all you need to know right here

I was never about to make ZPriest a firdst in this years draft mainly because of the threat of RRBC instead of injuries.  If LJ is working Vermiel will put LJ in.

1094418[/snapback]

Priest is the #6 RB in most of my leagues that still warrants a first rounder to me. Just had to make sure you backed him with LJ in your draft.

Johnson got more carries in garbage time. Why risk Holmes when the game was in hand. Given a closer game, the numbers would have been closer to what we have seen this year, I'm sure.

1094107[/snapback]

Well said. There's no way Priest should ever be in during garbage time. He should be in playoff time, not late against Miami.

Bruce and Quimby nailed this thread. Priest was involved in a few series that were 3 and out. Not a whole lot of chance for carries/yards in short stints like that. In a league where bonus points dont kick in till the 100 yard mark is hit, the RB leader board probably looks something like this:

LT - 98 pts

SA - 93 pts

Edge - 67 pts

L. Jordan - 56 pts

T. Jones - 53 pts

Priest - 48 pts

Other than Lamont and T. Jones, thats about what most ff'lers had as their top 4 RB's draftwise. 7 TD's in 7 weeks (with a bye in Week 5). I'd be happy with Holmes as a 1st rounder.