[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot-Week 8

PantherDave

Looks like we are doing a simple feast today. I'm getting ready to head to the store to gets some brats and italian sausage for the grill.

I'll boil the brats in beer for a few minutes before the grand finale on the grill. The italian sausage will go staright to the grill. Probably grill up some peppers and onions to dress the brats. Should be good.

Of course we'll wash em down with some good old American brew.

It all sounds great, I'll scrub the Oy's and Calms down after church, and get set up before the crowd starts to arrive. We cleaned the fish last night, so their ready for their final swim. The Oy roast is alot of fun-but alot of work(but I love cooking and MC'ing). I do three a year, the next will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and the final will be sometime before Christmas in December. Peace PD.

Hmmm, I've got that book, but never tried the baked beans. I'll have to check that out.  :D

1109346[/snapback]

Great Baked Beans. I'm from Rochester, and although I'm not a fan of their ribs or brisket, their pulled pork is great paired w/ those beans. I used a Bass Ale when I cooked down the peppers and onions (reducing to very little liquid). Otherwise, I followed their recipe verbatim. Good stuff.

Great Baked Beans.  I'm from Rochester, and although I'm not a fan of their ribs or brisket, their pulled pork is great paired w/ those beans.  I used a Bass Ale when I cooked down the peppers and onions (reducing to very little liquid).  Otherwise, I followed their recipe verbatim.  Good stuff.

1109549[/snapback]

Do you really 2 cans of Busch's as the recipe says, or soak & cook your own beans? Seems kind of odd to make baked beans with pre-made baked beans.

Everything is set and ready, I've got two tripods set up for my two steamers, and a third for the deep vat fryer. I'll light the charcoal later, but I do have it pryamided and ready to light. Now, some cold beer and football-waiting for the guest to arrive around 1:30-Peace PD.

Picked up 30 razor clams off the oregon beach last night. Will be throwing them into a great chowder today. Trick is...simmer simmer simmer simmer simmer!!! The longer it stays warm, the better!!! I throw in celery, bacon, taters, cream, onions, garlic, and of course CLAMS!! Excellent chilly Sunday afternoon treat while watching football. Unfortunately, the Hawks are on bye! Have fun boys with the great food....

Picked up 30 razor clams off the oregon beach last night.  Will be throwing them into a great chowder today.  Trick is...simmer simmer simmer simmer simmer!!!  The longer it stays warm, the better!!!  I throw in celery, bacon, taters, cream, onions, garlic, and of course CLAMS!!  Excellent chilly Sunday afternoon treat while watching football.  Unfortunately, the Hawks are on bye!  Have fun boys with the great food....

1110209[/snapback]

That sounds great! Your own recipe? :D

Do you really 2 cans of Busch's as the recipe says, or soak & cook your own beans? Seems kind of odd to make baked beans with pre-made baked beans.

1109818[/snapback]

First time making them, I used the recipe. Second time around, I just bought some navy beans and soaked them. Just as an FYI, these beans will NOT be the real thick, stick to your spoon kind. But man are they tasty.

Well, it's a happy bunch here today with a strong performance by the Panthers, so we have cranked up the steamers, and were getting ready to put the first batches in the mist. Enjoy your evening-Peace PD.

1110627[/snapback]

Great Broncos game on shortly.....or so I've heard.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!! :D

Gunna need a big day from the D!

Edit: To add, congrats on a good ole fashioned azz whoopin by the Panthers...Dave!!! :D:D:D

Edited by Turf Smurf

Man, there is a NYG couple here(some of our Yankee friends), and a Redskin couple-and man are the NYG couple pouring it on!!! It's quite funny-there quiet now as the first platter of Oy's has hit the shucking table, oh well, I gotta put some more in..50% Oy's and 50% Calms this time.Peace PD.

Well we have

8 Panther's Couples

2 Buc's Couples

2 Steeler's Couples

1 NYG's Couple

1 Skin's Couple

it's fun, gentle smack talk is flowing, as well as the beer(my wetbar is also active), I've had about 25 Oy's so far and about 15 Clam's. Still plenty to go, and the fish have not hit the fryer yet, as I've learned from exp. that as long as Oy's and Clams are availabel-the fish mostly goes cold. The lady that knows me at the Seafood Market gave me a 1/2 Bushel of Stump Sound Oysters for free( 3 Bushels total now)-so I got plenty, plus I paid for 300 clams and got 425-Sweet!!! Proving-It's not what ya know, but who ya know. Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave

First time making them, I used the recipe.  Second time around, I just bought some navy beans and soaked them.  Just as an FYI, these beans will NOT be the real thick, stick to your spoon kind.  But man are they tasty.

1110654[/snapback]

Awesome! I'm definitely trying it! Thanks Schleprock!

Great Broncos game on shortly.....or so I've heard.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!! :D

Gunna need a big day from the D!

Edit: To add, congrats on a good ole fashioned azz whoopin by the Panthers...Dave!!!  :D  :D  :D

1110667[/snapback]

Skeptical we could win, let alone out do your boys romp, Dave.

Here's to being prepared and master grills man ship!!! :D

Well, the ribs and beans were tasty. The Cowboys dominated......

and my fantasy team got absolutely smoked. Took a 178-89 drubbing. Every pass to SSmith made me throw up a little. The 3 TD's to Gates caused an aneurism (my QB was Brees). I felt punch drunk watching McNabb throw 3 TD's (one w/ bonus points). Hell, for that matter, 3 of his players got extra points for length of TD bonuses.

But Mike Anderson's late 30 yds. of rushing kept me from the largest defeat in the league's 9 year history. And the other owner missed my scoring record of 179.

Silver linings..... on to next week. I may just order out.

Looks like we are doing a simple feast today. I'm getting ready to head to the store to gets some brats and italian sausage for the grill.

I'll boil the brats in beer for a few minutes before the grand finale on the grill. The italian sausage will go staright to the grill. Probably grill up some peppers and onions to dress the brats. Should be good.

Of course we'll wash em down with some good old American brew.

1108567[/snapback]

I do it the exact opposite cuz the grill burns out the beer and whatever concoction you may have going on. I grill the brats and then soak them for a few minutes in a boiling pot of beer, spices, japs, onions etc....bueno.