[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caddy and Pittman

I have Ronnie Brown going; Steve Smith, Housh, Collins. Can either go:

Tony Fisher with Caddy OR Pittman

OR, start BOTH Caddy and Pittman (may sound crazy, but if Caddy plays just a little still could produce more than Fisher; and Pittman could get a lot of time)

Is this crazy; or do I pick Caddy or pittman and start Fisher

i think you have to wait to hear news on whether gruden plays caddy or not and how much. they said he will make his decision on sunday in san fran. there's no telling what to do at this point. he may save caddy and get him another week of rest and the decision will be made for you. otherwise if they both play i'd go with both caddy and pittman.

problem is fisher goes at 1:00; Pittman/Caddy go at 4.....Will Gruden announce before 1 who starter is, or if BOTH will get ample playing time?

1106997[/snapback]

imo i don't think caddy is gonna go, but even if he does, pittman

will get his share. he's also proven himself very capable, so i think

he's the safer play.

good luck

problem is fisher goes at 1:00; Pittman/Caddy go at 4.....Will Gruden announce before 1 who starter is, or if BOTH will get ample playing time?

1106997[/snapback]

Good point...check this out...

Caddy update

Doesnt sound like he is a for sure go at this point. Probably safer to go with Pittman. Plus Simms is starting so having the healthy back in there would make sense at this point. If Caddy is fully healthy, then I'd say go with him. Doesnt sound like he is though.

I'd say Pittman is the safer choice right now - even if Caddy starts, I can't see him playing the whole game. Pittman should, in the least, have plenty of garbage time carries against that piss-poor SF D.

When are the Bucs going to realize that this is an injury that Caddy is simply going to have to play with? He'll be in pain, but that's the only way he's going to play again anytime soon. RBs have played in pain before - just give him the rock and let him run with it.

Thanks....wish Gruden and the Bucs would just name Pittman as the starter, say we are resting Caddy one more week....! But, guess just have to keep a close watch on this...! for the time being, will have ronnie brown, pittman and Fisher going, unless i hear 'promising' reports on the Caddy

I'd say Pittman is the safer choice right now - even if Caddy starts, I can't see him playing the whole game.  Pittman should, in the least, have plenty of garbage time carries against that piss-poor SF D. 

When are the Bucs going to realize that this is an injury that Caddy is simply going to have to play with?  He'll be in pain, but that's the only way he's going to play again anytime soon.  RBs have played in pain before - just give him the rock and let him run with it.

1107221[/snapback]

dood, we're talking about a foot problem. he's had 99 carries in 4 games. Gruden ran him into the ground, and Pittman showed up after that. They dont need to injury him further, they need to get him healthy, so he can break more records and win more games for them.

dood, we're talking about a foot problem. he's had 99 carries in 4 games. Gruden ran him into the ground, and Pittman showed up after that. They dont need to injury him further, they need to get him healthy, so he can break more records and win more games for them.

1107269[/snapback]

Not sure if you've been paying attention, but the word out of TB is that this "foot problem" normally takes 10-12 weeks to heal. TB can't afford to sit Caddy for 10-12 weeks if they want him to be in game shape down the stretch. People play with injuries/pain all the time in the NFL - that's what they're going to have to do with Caddy at some point if they want him to be ready for the stretch run. Give the dude a cortizone shot before each game and let him gut it out - that's what football players do.

If they're not going to do that, they should just shut him down for a few more weeks - having him practice each week and then not play is just stupid. If you're not going to use him, let him rest 100%.

I have the same dilemma, and am starting both Caddy and Pittman. I will also be out tomorrow, so unless Gruden makes an announcement before about 11am PST, I will be in the dark. As for Fisher, I can see Cincy putting up alot of points on Green Bay, forcing the Pack to throw alot in the 2nd half. And, since Green Bay's line was not a help to Ahman Green for the past two seasons, I don't see Fisher running wild behind them.

I have the same dilemma, and am starting both Caddy and Pittman.  I will also be out tomorrow, so unless Gruden makes an announcement before about 11am PST, I will be in the dark.  As for Fisher, I can see Cincy putting up alot of points on Green Bay, forcing the Pack to throw alot in the 2nd half.  And, since Green Bay's line was not a help to Ahman Green for the past two seasons, I don't see Fisher running wild behind them.

1107281[/snapback]

Good point, but Fisher should also be active in the passing game. He's got good hands and it's not like Favre has a ton of options this week - I like Fisher to rack up a fair amount of all-purpose yards. Reshard Lee will take some of his carries away, but Fisher should be in on passing downs.

Not sure if you've been paying attention, but the word out of TB is that this "foot problem" normally takes 10-12 weeks to heal.  TB can't afford to sit Caddy for 10-12 weeks if they want him to be in game shape down the stretch.  People play with injuries/pain all the time in the NFL - that's what they're going to have to do with Caddy at some point  if they want him to be ready for the stretch run.  Give the dude a cortizone shot before each game and let him gut it out - that's what football players do.

If they're not going to do that, they should just shut him down for a few more weeks - having him practice each week and then not play is just stupid.  If you're not going to use him, let him rest 100%.

1107279[/snapback]

i agree w/ you, i dont they should be letting him practice, that's why i don't buy it. I thought after the bye week, it would be a dead issue, and he'd be ready to go. I think either he's 100% or Gruden is just trying to get SF to prepare for him, and he's gonna throw Pittman in. If he doesn't go, then Gruden is really just trying to hide that this injury is way worse than thought, and he over worked this kid BAD!

i'm in the same boat, and I'm just gonna wait, because I truly dont know. We all know that Pittman can tear up SF just the same as Caddy can (as far as getting TB the win that is) so unless he's 100%, it just doesn't make sense to start Caddy.

I think it makes sense to start him once TB realizes that he simply isn't going to be 100% at any point this year - this is an injury that requires a LONG recovery period and, to my understanding, is an injury that can be played through (I could be wrong on this, but that's my understanding) - so long as Caddy can deal with the pain. I'd get the dude back on the field to get him used to playing with this thing.

I think it makes sense to start him once TB realizes that he simply isn't going to be 100% at any point this year - this is an injury that requires a LONG recovery period and, to my understanding, is an injury that can be played through (I could be wrong on this, but that's my understanding) - so long as Caddy can deal with the pain.  I'd get the dude back on the field to get him used to playing with this thing.

1107318[/snapback]

ah...now it makes sense. you got him in BOTH your leagues. then yah, i agree with you. start the rookie regardless of how his foot feels when you have a solid backup going against a horrible run d. :D

ah...now it makes sense. you got him in BOTH your leagues. then yah, i agree with you. start the rookie regardless of how his foot feels when you have a solid backup going against a horrible run d. :D

1107329[/snapback]

Are you even reading my posts? One more week off isn't going to do jack for this injury (getting 5 as opposed to 4 weeks rest on an injury that takes 10-12 weeks to heal makes no difference). I said shut him down until he's completely healed or let him play through the pain - fact that I have Caddy in both my leagues is immaterial.

Has anyone noticed that Cincy is giving up 4.8 a carry and SF only 3.9.  Yeah I didn't think so.  I think Caddy will definetely play this week and he gets the start along with Tony Fisher (who else is gonna run for the Pack)

1107341[/snapback]

Yes, but I also noticed what the WASH RBs did to SF's line last week. You also need to consider the facts that (1) GB has no O-line to run behind (they didn't exactly run wild against the awful Vikes), (2) GB is likely to be playing from behind and (3) SF's ypc against is likely skewed by the fact that everyone runs against them late in games when they've got huge leads - SF knows the run is coming and is therefore better able to defend it.

I like Fisher in this situation, but I don't think relying on the opposing Ds' ypc against is a great idea here.