[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cpep's future?

alexgaddis

Honestly, I agree...He just doesn't have the winning mentality and that goes alot farther than Raw Talent...

Compare Brady and Brooks to figure that out..

1155348[/snapback]

The unique ability of the Minnesota sports fans to piss all over their best players never ceases to amaze. Listening to the radio after any defeat, it's always "Culpepper needs to be benched". It was the same last season and the season before. It's like an eternal drone in the background here. Baseball's the same - never happy unless they're complaining.

Well, go ahead, folks, get rid of him. That will be two world class players out the door in two years, leaving a motley crew of journeymen, hasbeens and neverwases for you to boo on Sundays, while teams from all around the NFL line up to sign him. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, you're dense. I'm not saying he'll suck next year if he plays a whole year. I'm saying he'll suck next year because HE'LL BE GONE FOR THE FIRST HALF. Try and stick with me here.

1156748[/snapback]

Yet another reason why the boards should be for paying members only... :D

Who care who replaces Culpepper, maybe freaking Rivers, and a BAD ASS RUNNING BACK.

And what the hell has Rivers done in the NFL?

[sound of crickets chirping]

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh, I know, they could trade for Rex Grossman and Cedrick Benson (your "BAD ASS RUNNING BACK")! :D

Let me guess? You're 15 and are using mommy's computer, right?

(the really bad word)ing newbie idiot...

Edited by Bill Swerski

The unique ability of the Minnesota sports fans to piss all over their best players never ceases to amaze. 

1156926[/snapback]

Look dude, Culpepper has been a great QB, but anybody that's been paying attention can tell you that for some reason he has been completely horrible the first part of this season, and now he has an injury that is so serious, that it is not out of the question to say that Culpepper's career coudl pretty much be over.

Everybody seems to assume that it is just a given that every athlete can come back from these major injuries. Culpepper has a big frame and needs to be very mobile in his position, for every down of every offensive series. To speculate that he might be finished isn't pissing on him, it's just living in the real world.

I feel bad for Culpepper, and I realize that his injury is a huge blow to the Vikings chances to put together winning seasons this year and the next. But let's not pretend that this is just a bump in the road for him.

Look dude, Culpepper has been a great QB, but anybody that's been paying attention can tell you that for some reason he has been completely horrible the first part of this season, and now he has an injury that is so serious, that it is not out of the question to say that Culpepper's career coudl pretty much be over.

Everybody seems to assume that it is just a given that every athlete can come back from these major injuries.  Culpepper has a big frame and needs to be very mobile in his position, for every down of every offensive series.  To speculate that he might be finished isn't pissing on him, it's just living in the real world.

I feel bad for Culpepper, and I realize that his injury is a huge blow to the Vikings chances to put together winning seasons this year and the next.  But let's not pretend that this is just a bump in the road for him.

1157376[/snapback]

I agree that he might be done. I don't think so, but he MIGHT be. My point was that over the past couple of seasons, in fact pretty much every season, there's always been a very vocal minority that wanted him gone in favor of the backup QB du jour, whether Frerotte, Johnson, whoever. Culpepper only had to make one error to bring them all hurtling out of the woodwork.

It's pretty much indisputable that Minny sports fans are some of the most critical, IMO.

I agree that he might be done.  I don't think so, but he MIGHT be.  My point was that over the past couple of seasons, in fact pretty much every season, there's always been a very vocal minority that wanted him gone in favor of the backup QB du jour, whether Frerotte, Johnson, whoever.  Culpepper only had to make one error to bring them all hurtling out of the woodwork.

It's pretty much indisputable that Minny sports fans are some of the most critical, IMO.

1157396[/snapback]

Yeah, actually that's something that has often times ticked me off about listening to KFAN here in the Twin Cities. I think it just boils down to fans that aren't very good at evaluating talent, but that want desparately to see a Championship some way, somehow.

I for one NEVER wanted the guy benched...but I am looking at the big picture of recovering from a two year injury and the fact that he sucked balls this year...

1157539[/snapback]

The injury obviously is the biggest factor in the future of Culpepper, but the fact that he sucked balls in 2005 was down to not only him, but:

Loss of Matt Birk

Loss of Moss

Inability of Burleson and Co to step up (through injury partly)

Atrocious game plans

Abysmal coaching

Total inability to run the ball

Defense not improved as much as expected.

Apart from that, all was well.

The injury obviously is the biggest factor in the future of Culpepper, but the fact that he sucked balls in 2005 was down to not only him, but:

Loss of Matt Birk

Loss of Moss

Inability of Burleson and Co to step up (through injury partly)

Atrocious game plans

Abysmal coaching

Total inability to run the ball

Defense not improved as much as expected.

Apart from that, all was well.

1157566[/snapback]

plus the fact that he doesn't play with Tedy Bruschi

Yet another reason why the boards should be for paying members only...  :D

And what the hell has Rivers done in the NFL?

[sound of crickets chirping]

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh, I know, they could trade for Rex Grossman and Cedrick Benson (your "BAD ASS RUNNING BACK")!  :D

Let me guess?  You're 15 and are using mommy's computer, right?

(the really bad word)ing newbie idiot...

1157254[/snapback]

you're a stupid ass. period. I pay the huddle, if you must know. You're missing the point, and thus you're playing the way children play. "yah, well you're ugly" fist yourself.

I for one NEVER wanted the guy benched...but I am looking at the big picture of recovering from a two year injury and the fact that he sucked balls this year...

1157539[/snapback]

I don't think he should be benched either, but I think the Vikes are in a lose/lose situation. If they let him go, they let go a very good QB. If they keep him I think they have a guy who won't win the big games (they hover between mediocre and Super Bowl).

• 2 months later...