[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

colts and seahawks

acesfull

i see it as soon as week 14 i dont see dungy going after a record you play the game to win the superbowl not to go 17 and 0 and loose because of playing meaning less games?

1170104[/snapback]

seattle will probaly have to play all the way thru but the colts i think you have it right about wk 14 even though undefeated season sounds nice..

i see it as soon as week 14 i dont see dungy going after a record you play the game to win the superbowl not to go 17 and 0 and loose because of playing meaning less games?

1170104[/snapback]

Being an Indy homer, I don't see them benching any player since 4 of their last 6 games are against teams with a +.500 record (apporx).

They will continue to play different offensive strategies, to fine tune for a SB win, against these teams.

I don't see the Seahawks clinching home field throughout the playoffs until perhaps week 16 at the earliest, which means they would only bench players in week 17. Remember, Seattle still has a game against Indy, so it is not like they are a lock to win out or anything. And, if Indy has a shot at an undefeated season, I cannot see them sitting anybody.

I don't see the Seahawks clinching home field throughout the playoffs until perhaps week 16 at the earliest, which means they would only bench players in week 17.  Remember, Seattle still has a game against Indy, so it is not like they are a lock to win out or anything.  And, if Indy has a shot at an undefeated season, I cannot see them sitting anybody.

1170388[/snapback]

I agree

SEA is really only 1 game up and the COLTS will start with Edge but Peyton barley gets touched most games so I may see them playing him a hlaf and resting him week 16 and 17 or whenever they wrap up home field

Pick up Rhodes in Indy and Morris in Seattle if your rosters have some room. They could make for great starts in weeks 16 and 17. Not only that you pre-empt the waiver wire moves that a potential playoff opponent may be able to make if Dungy or Holmgren announce one of these two as the starters that week. If your going up against the guy with Edge or Alexander, not only will they have nothing to do but you can make fun of them as much as you like.

CH

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=130516

Edited by Ch463

There's an opposing school of thought to benching all the starters. Consider:

Assume Indy has home field throughout all wrapped up by week 14. Would they want to sit all their aces through weeks 14, 15, 16, 17 and the bye week? That's a whole helluva lot of rust to get rid of before the first playoff game. They may limit their action a little, but they'll still play, plus Indy will try to stay in the winning habit. Momentum is a great thing to have.

i agree with that they would most likely play one quarter just to keep them all sharp but thats it theres no need to take a chance with injurys on games that dont matter.

1173312[/snapback]

That one quarter will not keep them sufficiently sharp. They will lost game fitness and they will lack match practice and play repetition. I'm not saying they will play the whole game, just that they will be out there more than enough to be FF starters.