[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When will the COLTS lose?

Phazool

When will the COLTS lose???  

88 members have voted

1. 1. When will the COLTS lose???

• Nov 28 Pittsburgh 9:00pm
    • Dec 4 Tennessee 1:00pm
    • Dec 11 @Jacksonville 1:00pm
    • Dec 18 San Diego 1:00pm
    • Dec 24 @Seattle 4:15pm
    • Jan 1 Arizona 1:00pm
    • Divisional Playoffs -- Jan. 14-15
    • Conference Championships -- Sun., Jan. 22
    • Never, they will win the Super Bowl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the schedule I can't point to any single week and say ... there, that's where they lose ... but in all likelihood they will lose somewhere along the way.

I just don't see Pittsburgh getting it done.

Tennessee has been known to play the Colts tough, but this year's Titan's aren't last year's Titans ... I don't see them getting it done either.

I'd say Jacksonville has a chance, especially given their earlier meeting.

SD could pull it off, but SD is finding ways to lose while Indy is finding ways to win.

Seattle won't do it.

Arizona won't do it.

Looking at the schedule I can't point to any single week and say ... there, that's where they lose ... but in all likelihood they will lose somewhere along the way.

I just don't see Pittsburgh getting it done.

Tennessee has been known to play the Colts tough, but this year's Titan's aren't last year's Titans ... I don't see them getting it done either.

I'd say Jacksonville has a chance, especially given their earlier meeting.

SD could pull it off, but SD is finding ways to lose while Indy is finding ways to win.

Seattle won't do it.

Arizona won't do it.

1173877[/snapback]

Well said.. :D

X-mas Eve in seattle.

1173924[/snapback]

Yep that will be Seattles biggest Christmas present...Indy will lose in Seattle...the D is gonna be all over Manning. Yeah laugh it up, but you may not be laughing long. Besides...I've heard that the record is not as important as keeping their players healthy for a SB push. I think that once they have their division taken care of they may sit some of their studs during the second half of the games. We will see if that is the case.

Edited by devilwoman

The Chargers had the Colts down 31-16 last year in Indy in the 4th quarter only to have Dominic Rhodes take one back 88 yds on a kickoff return to change the momentum of the game. The Chargers definitely have the fire power to pull this off but can they seal the deal in hostile territory this year? The homer in me says "yes", and I'm sticking to it. The Chargers will be fighting for their lives to stay in the playoff chase while the Colts will have everything locked up with possibly the exception of homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. The Chargers are more talented this year (with the additions of Merriman, Castillo, and Sproles), even though their record doesn't reflect it. The Colts are much better as well. This shoudl be a great game!

I'm going with the Chargers, with Jacksonville coming in a close second. The team(s) that beat the Colts are going to have to score quickly and have a "good enough" defense to slow Indy's offense. I think that San Diego falls into both of those categories. Jacksonville comes close, but their defense hasn't been playing well lately and their offense is average. Seattle's offense can run the ball all day, but is a one-trick pony and their defense has feasted on crappy NFC offenses so far this year. The only strong offensive team that they've played so far is the Rams, and they gave up 31 points in that first game.

I hope they don't. I'm tired of seeing 70 year ols ex Dolphins celebrating a loss. This is my first year fo hoping for a new team so it was nothing against Miami, but if they do I figure Jacksonville or Seattle when they rest starters.

Seattle's offense can run the ball all day, but is a one-trick pony and their defense has feasted on crappy NFC offenses so far this year. 

1173982[/snapback]

:D

I agree that the Hawks won't beat the Colts, in December especially if the Colts have something to play for. But, despite their dominate run game, they still rank high in passing statistics and Hasselbeck is having a heck of a year (not including the season opener). I think up until last week they were the only team in the NFL that had scored in the last 2 minutes of either half in ALL games. Hasselbeck has already lead a couple of clutch two minute drives in the end of games. They do run a west coast offense and have been criticized for passing too much in recent seasons. In short, the one-trick pony offense comment is pretty freaking silly.

I agree that the Hawks won't beat the Colts, in December especially if the Colts have something to play for.  But, despite their dominate run game, they still rank high in passing statistics and Hasselbeck is having a heck of a year (not including the season opener).  I think up until last week they were the only team in the NFL that had scored in the last 2 minutes of either half in ALL games.  Hasselbeck has already lead a couple of clutch two minute drives in the end of games.  They do run a west coast offense and have been criticized for passing too much in recent seasons.  In short, the one-trick pony offense comment is pretty freaking silly.

1174020[/snapback]

Um, no it's not. Let's look at the tough defenses they've faced this season... :D

Weekly opponent and defensive rank in points allowed:

Week 1 - JAX (7th): SEA offense scores 14 and they lose

Week 2 - ATL (19th :D ): SEA offense scores 21

Week 3 - ARI (29th :D ): SEA offense scores 37

Week 4 - WAS (16th): SEA offense scores 17 and they lose

Week 5 - STL (32nd :D ): SEA offense scores 37

Week 6 - HOU (31st :D ): SEA offense scores 42

Week 7 - DAL (4th): SEA offense scores 13 and wins by 3

Week 9 - ARI (:D) : SEA offense scores 33

Week 10 - STL ( ::D ): SEA offense scores 31

Week 11 - SF (30th :D ): SEA offense scores 27

Yeah, it must be REALLY difficult to rack up those passing yards against the Cardinals, Rams, Texans, and Niners. :D The freaking Bears could put up good passing numbers against those sorry-ass defenses. They've played TWO teams that rank in the top HALF of the league in defense and Hasselbeck hasn't thrown for 250 yds in either game.

And let's not forget Hasselbeck's meager 12 TD/8 INT ratio against those crappy defenses and the fact that he's been less-than-stellar in the playoffs over the past two years. Like Denver, Seattle is a run-first team that won't win if Hasselbeck has to throw the ball 40 times. If you take the running game away and force Hasselbeck into a shootout against a halfway competent defense, they'll lose. Hence, Seattle's offense is a one-trick pony. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Um, no it's not.  Let's look at the tough defenses they've faced this season...  :D

Weekly opponent and defensive rank in points allowed:

Week 1 - JAX (7th): SEA offense scores 14 and they lose

Week 2 - ATL (19th  :D ): SEA offense scores 21

Week 3 - ARI (29th  :yay: ): SEA offense scores 37

Week 4 - WAS (16th): SEA offense scores 17 and they lose

Week 5 - STL (32nd  :D ): SEA offense scores 37

Week 6 - HOU (31st  :D ): SEA offense scores 42

Week 7 - DAL (4th): SEA offense scores 13 and wins by 3

Week 9 - ARI  (:D) : SEA offense scores 33

Week 10 - STL ( ::D ): SEA offense scores 31

Week 11 - SF (30th  :yay: ): SEA offense scores 27

Yeah, it must be REALLY difficult to rack up those passing yards against the Cardinals, Rams, Texans, and Niners.  :D  The freaking Bears could put up good passing numbers against those sorry-ass defenses.  They've played TWO teams that rank in the top HALF of the league in defense and Hasselbeck hasn't thrown for 250 yds in either game.

1174066[/snapback]

:D Soooo....they've played good like they were supposed to against bad D's and struggled against good D's. What does that have to do with your statment about there offense which you claimed was a "one trick pony." Shanu Alexander has struggled against tougher D's also, does he suck too? :D

Look despite being one of the top run offenses in the NFL they are ranked in the top 10 for total passing and Hasselbeck's rating is amongst the leaders also. It doesn't really matter who they play, they can't help that.

It is easy, however, to say your claim is totally inaccurate and you spent more time indicating that than I will. Good boy! :D

Bill Swerski... :D I've heard stories about you. :D

Shanu Alexander has struggled against tougher D's also, does he suck too?   :D

1174077[/snapback]

Alexander's been one of the top RBs in the league for years. When has Hasselbeck ever been an MVP candidate?

BTW, if Hass is such a solid QB, why does he only have 12 TD vs. 8 INTs this season?

Look despite being one of the top run offenses in the NFL they are ranked in the top 10 for total passing and Hasselbeck's rating is amongst the leaders also.  It doesn't really matter who they play, they can't help that.

Right, if Hasselbeck throws the ball well against Division III college teams, he's still really good. He can't help who he's playing! :D

That statement proves that you're a complete idiot. Have a nice day. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

:D  How about Arizona in week 17?They have the firepower to score some points and Indy just might have everything locked up by then and have all the starters on the bench after the 1st quarter.Stranger things have happened.

1173923[/snapback]

My question is this. If they go undefeated until Arizona, will they rest or will they go for perfection?

Duuude, Hunter S. Thompson kicks ass!  Fight the power, man!  :D

1174082[/snapback]

Sweski.... :D

I'm not going to get into a internet fight with you, Nor will I ignore you, trainwrecks are fun to watch. Now shoo! Great comeback though! :D

One trick pony! :D:D

I'm not going to get into a internet fight with you,  Nor will I ignore you, trainwrecks are fun to watch.  Now shoo!  Great comeback though!  :D

1174084[/snapback]

They why do you keep replying, idiot? :D

(the really bad word)ing liberal tool...

if they are undefeated going into Arizona ..all the regulars play ...they have a chance for history and also will have a bye week as they will be the # 1 seed ..

and they will not lose this season ...Seattle may be the biggest test left but if they focus on totally shutting down the run , Hasselbeck does not scare anyone and has not proven he can carry that team if need be

SD match up is also a tough one but having that game home for colts is huge

move over Dolphins ...colts take over the record ! :D

Hasselbeck does not scare anyone and has not proven he can carry that team if need be

1174088[/snapback]

Yep, just look at what he's done in the playoffs...

2003 vs. GB (11th in points allowed): 25/45 (shootout), 0 TDs, 1 game-losing INT in overtime

2004 vs. STL (25th in points allowed :doah: ): 27/43 (shootout), 2 TDs, 1 INT. Only scored 20 offensive points at home against a bad defensive team... and lost the game.

Like Jake Plummer or Trent Green, Hasselbeck isn't very good without a dominant running game.

Edited by Bill Swerski

and they will not lose this season ...Seattle may be the biggest test left but if they focus on totally shutting down the run , Hasselbeck does not scare anyone and has not proven he can carry that team if need be

1174088[/snapback]

What about the last 2 minutes of the Redskins game and the Cowboy game? Admittedly he struggled in both games but came up big when it mattered.

I'm not trying to claim that he is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino. But, saying the Seahawks don't have a passing game is pure silliness. Don't forget that the Hawks have had their #1 and #2 receivers out for a large chunk of the season, and still won every single game with them out.

Yep, just look at what he's done in the playoffs...

2003 vs. GB (11th in points allowed): 25/45 (shootout), 0 TDs, 1 game-losing INT in overtime

2004 vs. STL (25th in points allowed  :doah: ): 27/43 (shootout), 2 TDs, 1 INT.  Only scored 20 offensive points at home against a bad defensive team... and lost the game.

Like Jake Plummer or Trent Green, Hasselbeck isn't very good without a dominant running game.

1174093[/snapback]

I believe, like Indy, Seattle is different this year. Getting rid of KRob and bringing in players like JJ has helped all WR's actually catch the ball for a change. In addition they are more of a running team so less will be put on Hasselbeck to carry the team.

In the past his throws were mostly good, but were dropped more often than not.

I say they win. They have come a long way this year.

I think Jax will beat them before the Seahawks do.

Edited by Randall