[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Care for some cheese ...

1stimer

people still talking about the whole schottenheimer incident?...tom was told about it secondhand by a reporter, before he was about to do a news conference...he was not made aware that marty was downplaying the victory by his own team

i dunno who is more bitter at the patriots...dmd..or his boy kevin rattaree

1247935[/snapback]

:D What in the world do I have to be bitter about?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a good question...so why are you?

1247943[/snapback]

... but I'm not. I'm just making an observation which is objective because I hold no stake on either side of the argument. I feel no need to defend or attack any team, let alone the Patriots.

I will say that of all past champions that come to mind, I cannot remember one that makes it seem so easy to strike a nerve with them or their fans. Traditionally, ex-champions are always going to be targets of the media the following year and all things considered, they have been unusually kind to the Patriots if anything. It's like the Patriot fans do not like to hear people talk about anyone else, even when it is merited and earned.

(man - are they going to be steamed when they see I predict a 14 point win by the Jaguars) :D

DMD, see my sigline and make it plural :D

1247960[/snapback]

trick just notices youre avi... had the pleasure of partying the DT... was a pretty good guy and he always had to many gals buy his side.. made it easy for a fat collage kid to pick up the strays :D .....

for the entire world to bend over and kiss his ass.  apparently, if only 99.99% of the world is bending over and kissing his ass it is an insult.

1247925[/snapback]

That pretty much sums it up as how he has come across to me this year, well done and said/typed AZ :D:D:D:D

Edited by PantherDave

That pretty much sums it up as how he has come across to me this year, well done and said/typed AZ :D  :D  :D  :D

1248000[/snapback]

please stay out of this one "panther fan"....your qb was running around dancing like a fairy cause you were beating the patriots in a preseason game months after we beat your ass in superbowl 38

please stay out of this one "panther fan"....your qb was running around dancing like a fairy cause you were beating the patriots in a preseason game months after we beat your ass in superbowl 38

1248004[/snapback]

who is the bitter one? :D

1248004[/snapback]

Well...well....that was ludicrous. I even said to myself....Jake this is PS game, but why would that stick in your head? However, public forum here, and can you honestly say Brady acted "classy" this year?

And the fans?? I went to two games, and watched every other this year, and Nick's right, there were quite a few boos this year, starting with the Charger game I think. As a fan, it pissed me off too. They have earned the right not to be booed, at least for a while.

1247871[/snapback]

I bet half of the boos came from people like you who were actually booing the booers instead of the team. I can't believe you weren't able to distinguish them from each other. :D

Well...well....that was ludicrous. I even said to myself....Jake this is PS game, but why would that stick in your head? However, public forum here, and can you honestly say Brady acted "classy" this year?

1248011[/snapback]

it stuck in my head because i also thought it was ridiculous

i will say that tom brady acted like a man with alot on his shoulders this year

im still gonna go with you and rattaree on this one

1248008[/snapback]

In the immortal words of Oddball from Kelly Heroes

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

i will say that tom brady acted like a man with alot on his shoulders this year

1248013[/snapback]

now we are full circle to when I said

Maybe if he would just suck it up and grow a pair when the Colts stomped them the media would show more respect. 

Hardly. The Patriots (actually just Brady) have, objectively, been surprisingly "whiny" for a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls. All it took was one small statement from Schottenheimer (or Brees?) that it looked like the injuries caught up with them to set Brady off when he just got whipped by the visiting Chargers. It's one thing to handle winning well, another to handle losing. How much praise does Brady want from the media? They made a ridiculous spectacle about Bruschi and yes, the media had embraced the Colts as they steamrolled everyone including the Patriots in Foxboro. What does he expect?

1247919[/snapback]

:D Tom Brady's exact words following the SD game:

I just assumed you talk about your own team. You don't talk about our team. He has no business talking about our team. He's not our coach. We'll let our coach talk about our team. We'll let our players talk about our team. The only thing we ever do is give respect to the other teams because that's what they deserve. They played a good game. They beat us. That's what it is - no more, no less - it's one game. There's not a lot of carry over from week-to-week. We played much better against Pittsburgh than we did against San Diego. It doesn't mean we're going to play this way against Atlanta. If we do play that way, it will be tough. But that is not the way we are approaching it. It's a new week. We're done with San Diego and moving on to Atlanta, as we should be.

No excuses. Is this a little out of character? Sure, but it's not what people make it out to be.

And here's his quote after the Colts game:

I'll make it short and sweet. I don't have much to say. I mean we got our butts kicked. And we need to play better and we've got to fight harder. And give a lot of credit to the Colts. They played really well. I think we just made too many mistakes. And there's a lot of football left. We're four and four. We've got a lot of division games and, hopefully, we can turn it around. But the Colts certainly outplayed us. They were the better team tonight. And that's it. Thank you.

What more do you want the guy to say? Did you want a video of Manning sneaking up behind Brady, assaulting him with his strap-on, and to have Brady sit there and take it just to prove he's a good loser?

As far as these most recent quotes, I personally think he's talking much more about the conduct of some now spoiled fans (which I wholeheartedly agree with him on), and a good deal of the local sports media.

:D Tom Brady's exact words following the SD game:

No excuses.  Is this a little out of character?  Sure, but it's not what people make it out to be.

And here's his quote after the Colts game:

What more do you want the guy to say?  Did you want a video of Manning sneaking up behind Brady, assaulting him with his strap-on, and to have Brady sit there and take it just to prove he's a good loser?

As far as these most recent quotes, I personally think he's talking much more about the conduct of some now spoiled fans (which I wholeheartedly agree with him on), and a good deal of the local sports media.

1248029[/snapback]

Ah, but as I discovered growing up, there is a lot of communication that happens HOW you say it. And how you respond to questions.

And for the Colts game, he did not take any questions. He came out like an automaton, read his pithy little statement and ran off without taking any questions. Even Terrell Owens would answer questions. Manning always answered questions when he got beat by the Pats, why didn't Brady?

Ah, but as I discovered growing up, there is a lot of communication that happens HOW you say it. And how you respond to questions.

And for the Colts game, he did not take any questions. He came out like an automaton, read his pithy little statement and ran off without taking any questions. Even Terrell Owens would answer questions. Manning always answered questions when he got beat by the Pats, why didn't Brady?

1248038[/snapback]

:D I dunno. Next time we have lunch I will ask him.

Does it really matter, though? What more does a guy need to do than give the other team credit for a well deserved win? You and I both know that any answers to any questions after this point would just be a rehash of the same boring crap. Frankly I'd rather not bother....unless it's a conference with Parcells. His after game press conferences are hilarious.

:D  I dunno.  Next time we have lunch I will ask him.

Does it really matter, though?  What more does a guy need to do than give the other team credit for a well deserved win?  You and I both know that any answers to any questions after this point would just be a rehash of the same boring crap.  Frankly I'd rather not bother....unless it's a conference with Parcells.  His after game press conferences are hilarious.

1248045[/snapback]

cmon caveman...we all know its because hes a whiny sore loser...thats the answer dmd and the rest of the clowns are looking for...just appease them