[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Care for some cheese ...

1stimer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think we've been probably disrespected more than any team in the league this year," Brady said. "I think we've been given up on by a lot of media people, a lot of fans, our own fans, other people around the league, and I think if there's one team that feels like they're disrespected it's us."

If I was a fan that would p*ss me off. Anyone? Nick, Czarina.

Shouldn't you be including Leftwich in that? :D

1247577[/snapback]

You're taking all my fun away BJ.

This was mainly a jab at Pats fans ... plus

- everyone knows the Jags are underdogs going in

- the Jags fans don't get nearly as riled up (maybe that's because there just simply aren't as many :D)

Are we so without stuff to talk about that we have to talk about stuff that happened a few days ago?

His comment was in response to the Jags claim that they're getting no respect. Do I agree with Brady? No. I think he didn't get the point across that he was trying to make by saying it this way.

Newsflash, even the 'smart' athletes say silly things sometimes. This is one of those times.

"I think we've been probably disrespected more than any team in the league this year," Brady said. "I think we've been given up on by a lot of media people, a lot of fans, our own fans, other people around the league, and I think if there's one team that feels like they're disrespected it's us."

this is not only douchebag whining of the highest order, it is factually absurd. god he makes me wanna puke sometimes. :D

I'm not saying I totally agree with him but I don't totally disagree with him either. Think about it: All year it's been about the Colts and how they are gonna run everybody over. The Patriots have slowly gotten healthy and they are the defending Super Bowl champs. Brady has never lost in the playoffs. He is right in the sense that no one is really giving them a chance.

He doesn't need to really say that though.

If I was a fan that would p*ss me off. Anyone? Nick, Czarina.

1247581[/snapback]

Funny you should say that.

I have 2 things to say regarding this article. The first is that Brady has said on the radio (he does a weekly spot) that nobody on their team feels like opposing teams/players don't hold them in high regard. He is speaking about fans and media here, as is evidenced in his quote.

The second thing is that, having been at some games and having friends that have been at games, there have been more than one occasion this year when there was booing from the fans. There has also been quite a bit of dissention on the same radio station that Brady does his spot on. The callers by and large were not supportive of the team early on.

Both things really tick me off. I mean, I'm not happy when my team doesn't do well, but I support them no matter what. I have watched every game I possibly could since 1985, including all of the painful Hugh Millen, Tommy Hodsen, Scott Zolak, etc. games. I won't boo or criticize, not after the last 4 years. There's quite a bit of fanbase here that's not as faithful, though. It bugs me.

Sitting on those cold steel benches watching Tommy Hodson and Marc Wilson was awful.

I would DEFINITELY agree with Nick that, after 3 out of 4, the fans are spoiled and expect too much too often. But I believe TB's comments were mostly directed towards the hype around the Colts. Sure they beat a depleated Pats team. But they are still the champs and they are just hitting their stride.

Edited by ced1001

But I believe TB's comments were mostly directed towards the hype around the Colts.  Sure they beat a depleated Pats team.  But they are still the champs and they are just hitting their stride.

1247849[/snapback]

Call it what you want. It still is whining. Brady is a really good QB, but it seems as though he is starting to make statements in the media to try and defend his coach, team, etc .. when he would be better to make the statements on the field. The media knows how to ask the right questions to get a controversial topic or headline ... some handle with class, some whine, and well then there are those that go overboard in their driveway.

Exactly what Nick said. I have been sick watching Countdown every week and all those five yahoo's want to talk about is how nobody can beat the Colts, how the Colts are the best team ever assembled, blah, blah, blah. And now that the Pat's are healthy, the only guy talking about them at all, is Mortensen. They are handing the title to the Colts allready.

As to whether he needed to say it.....no, he didn't. Internally that should be used as motivation enough. They know they're not given a chance, that should be enough.

And the fans?? I went to two games, and watched every other this year, and Nick's right, there were quite a few boos this year, starting with the Charger game I think. As a fan, it pissed me off too. They have earned the right not to be booed, at least for a while. It could always get worse....Rod Rust could be back....

He is right in the sense that no one is really giving them a chance.

1247656[/snapback]

That may have been true earlier in the season when they were banged up, missing many starters, and just not playing very well. Now they have players back, they're playing better and hitting their stride at the right time. I think much of the media and so called experts are now expecting the Pats to go far if not make back to the Superbowl, especially with all that's happened to the Colts the last month.

That sounds like there's some bitterness in there dying to find an outlet...

1247674[/snapback]

Hardly. The Patriots (actually just Brady) have, objectively, been surprisingly "whiny" for a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls. All it took was one small statement from Schottenheimer (or Brees?) that it looked like the injuries caught up with them to set Brady off when he just got whipped by the visiting Chargers. It's one thing to handle winning well, another to handle losing. How much praise does Brady want from the media? They made a ridiculous spectacle about Bruschi and yes, the media had embraced the Colts as they steamrolled everyone including the Patriots in Foxboro. What does he expect?

Hardly. The Patriots have, objectively, been surprisingly "whiny" for a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls. All it took was one small statement from Schottenheimer (or Brees?) that it looked like the injuries caught up with them to set Brady off when he just got whipped by the visiting Chargers. It's one thing to handle winning well, another to handle losing. How much praise does Brady want from the media? They made a ridiculous spectacle about Bruschi and yes, the media had embraced the Colts as they steamrolled everyone including the Patriots in Foxboro. What does he expect?

1247919[/snapback]

for the entire world to bend over and kiss his ass. apparently, if only 99.99% of the world is bending over and kissing his ass it is an insult.

Edited by Azazello1313

Hardly. The Patriots (actually just Brady) have, objectively, been surprisingly "whiny" for a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls. All it took was one small statement from Schottenheimer (or Brees?) that it looked like the injuries caught up with them to set Brady off when he just got whipped by the visiting Chargers. It's one thing to handle winning well, another to handle losing. How much praise does Brady want from the media? They made a ridiculous spectacle about Bruschi and yes, the media had embraced the Colts as they steamrolled everyone including the Patriots in Foxboro. What does he expect?

1247919[/snapback]

people still talking about the whole schottenheimer incident?...tom was told about it secondhand by a reporter, before he was about to do a news conference...he was not made aware that marty was downplaying the victory by his own team

i dunno who is more bitter at the patriots...dmd..or his boy kevin rattaree