[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Care for some cheese ...

1stimer

cmon caveman...we all know its because hes a whiny sore loser...thats the answer dmd and the rest of the clowns are looking for...just appease them

1248049[/snapback]

I'm not much of an appeaser. The fact is that I understand why people are sick of Brady, the Pats, and such. Those same people are quick to judge. I have no real problem with any of the statements he's made, but I generally don't bother myself with media quotes. Brady is a quiet, unassuming fellow for the most part. Everyone says something in a way they probably shouldn't from time to time. If people want to get on his case about it, there's not much I can do to change their mind :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't really care one way or the other. While Brady could have handled himself better off the field, that has no concern for me since all I worry about is what he does on the field which has been outstanding this year. I have just never seen a player so defended on something that really doesn't matter. I mean the skin seems thin for fans that can just point at the last four years and say nothing at all.

To be honest, I don't really care one way or the other. While Brady could have handled himself better off the field, that has no concern for me since all I worry about is what he does on the field which has been outstanding this year. I have just never seen a player so defended on something that really doesn't matter. I mean the skin seems thin for fans that can just point at the last four years and say nothing at all.

1248057[/snapback]

so if i said "hes won 3 superbowls, who cares what he says"...people would shutup?

cause i think weve tried that one...and its not that easy

1248057[/snapback]

I agree. I'm not trying to turn this into the right to life debate either. I agree he could have handled himself better. On the flip side of that, though...I have never seen a player attacked so much for something that doesn't matter...so I guess there is 2 sides to that :D

In the immortal words of Oddball from Kelly Heroes

1248014[/snapback]

..but hey Kelly, you did'nt say nut'en about tangling with no Tigers Baby.

..OddBall..what the hell are you doing?

...I'm drinking some wine..eating some cheese....catching some rays.

No, people would never shut up because of the amusement factor alone. But if the QB of my team had just won three of the last four superbowls, I don't really think I would care what they thought. It's a fairly rare, if not unique, place to be.

..but hey Kelly, you did'nt say nut'en about tangling with no Tigers Baby.

..OddBall..what the hell are you doing?

...I'm drinking some wine..eating some cheese....catching some rays.

1248079[/snapback]

Crapgame: Hey, Oddball, this is your moment of glory. And you're chickening out!

Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers.

Ahem... FIDTML, you're coming across as a bit of an ass here. Is it really so impossible for you to accept that a number of objective people in this forum and around the sporting world, find Brady to be whiny? Why the need to lash out at those people? It seems a little weird dude. :D

I've been waiting for someone here to really drop the bomb with, "Oh yeah, well the jerk store called, and their running out of you!" That's about how reasonable this debate has been. :D

Crapgame: Hey, Oddball, this is your moment of glory. And you're chickening out!

Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers.

1248093[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D

One of my alltime favorite movies and charecters, plus two of the greatest roles by Sutherland-Oddball and Prof. Jennings(Animal House)

I've been waiting for someone here to really drop the bomb with, "Oh yeah, well the jerk store called, and their running out of you!"  That's about how reasonable this debate has been.  :D

1248098[/snapback]

:D Menudo's sigline

What I find funny:

Patriot fans for years accusing Peyton Manning of being "whiny" or a "crybaby".

Now that their quarterback is in the same position, they don't see anything wrong with it. And defend it vehemently. Hmm.

I bet half of the boos came from people like you who were actually booing the booers instead of the team.  I can't believe you weren't able to distinguish them from each other.    :D

1248012[/snapback]

Yeah, and it's those booers who claim to be the biggest fans. I wish I could tell them apart so I could give them a Savage Beating!! :D Like Caveman was saying, I've been with this team from the lowest of the lows and I cheered just as loud then at the good things......they just never happened. So I'm not going to boo now just because a team gets SO injured that it doesn't play well for a while.

Hugh Millen, Tom Hodson, Scott Zolak,Lisa Olson (if you don't know the name, don't ask...), Hart Lee Dykes, Leonard Russell...I could go on..........let me enjoy the sucess now, and no, I will not boo this team

:D "We're the most disrespected team!" :D

:D "NO! We are!" :D

:D "Nuh-uh. It's us. Nobody respects us." :D

:D "Well nobody's respected us all year!" :D

:D "We respect you." :huh:

;) "Yeah, we respect you to." :D

:D "But nobody else does!" :lol:

:brew: "It's so unfair!" :sick:

Edited by CaptainHook

Funny you should say that.

I have 2 things to say regarding this article.  The first is that Brady has said on the radio (he does a weekly spot) that nobody on their team feels like opposing teams/players don't hold them in high regard.  He is speaking about fans and media here, as is evidenced in his quote.

The second thing is that, having been at some games and having friends that have been at games, there have been more than one occasion this year when there was booing from the fans.  There has also been quite a bit of dissention on the same radio station that Brady does his spot on.  The callers by and large were not supportive of the team early on.

Both things really tick me off.  I mean, I'm not happy when my team doesn't do well, but I support them no matter what.  I have watched every game I possibly could since 1985, including all of the painful Hugh Millen, Tommy Hodsen, Scott Zolak, etc. games.  I won't boo or criticize, not after the last 4 years.  There's quite a bit of fanbase here that's not as faithful, though.  It bugs me.

1247670[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better Nick.

I think their performance early in the year has people not giving them a chance. They have a bad record against teams currently in the playoffs (granted they weren't playing well and had many injuries when they played them).

I think most of the fans that boo and jump off the band wagon aren't true fans or aren't very knowledgable (sp?) about the game. Being a life long fan like you I appreciate everything that the've done and continue to do. We are a far cry from having home games blacked out because we didn't sell out yet another game.

I also think, although he has more evidence this year, that this is just a little motivational move like they always do. Hey it's worked so far.

I'm a little nervous about this game. I'm hoping our run D playes like they did against TB!

Go Pats!

BTW #3 Nova vs. #8/9 Louisville tonight.....Go Cats!

This whole thing is way overblown. The "we don't get any respect" thing has been said by athletes so often, it ranks right up next to "we're going to take this one game at a time". It's just how they motivate themselves and their teammates. If you want to make out Brady as a whiner because he said it, go ahead. Just remember your favorite player is eventually going to say it.

Personally, I don't think anyone is underrating them or overrating them. They looked bad (by their standards) at midseason when they went 4-4. If some fans booed, then I can see why that would irritate Tom, who had a great season considering the injuries and the change in Offensive Coordinator. But now they're back on track, and nobody is underestimating them. They're favored by 7.5 this weekend, that doesn't seem like underrating to me when you're playing a 12-4 team.

As a Pats fan, my advice to Brady would be shut up and play. My bet is that's what he'll do now.