[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young in the NFL?

Goopster24

VY is much better than Vick.  He is more putting McNair, Culpepper and Vick in a blender, and he is what you get.  He leads the NCAA in QB Rating, so the guy can pass the ball.  He has somewhat of a low release point that some are questioning, but at 6-5, it is still higher than most QB's release points.  I think if anything the comparisons to Vick are hurting him.  He is the most dominant QB in college football, and he could be a very good pro.

1248059[/snapback]

Good info here.

Take this for what it's worth, but that Notre Dame homer that does the college games for ESPN (I forget his name) said on TV that if he were an NFL GM, he would take Vince Young over Leinart right now.

This is also the same guy that said Rick Mirer would win two or three Heismans.  :D

1247791[/snapback]

I would take Young over Leinart in a heartbeat. I would also take Jay Cutler over Leinart, but thats for another thread. I dont see the comparison at all between Young and Vick. They are 2 totally different types of players. You guys that have been around awhile will recall that, I was the leader of the Drew Brees contingent in the Brees vs Vick wars on this board when they came out of college. Vick is a pure athelete that they stuck at the QB position. He is very fast and agile. He is not a quarterback, and I said as much in my point that Brees would eventually be a better pro qb. Vick is not accurate and he is dumb as a rock. There I said it, yes, Vick is moran. And that doesnt help in reading defenses.

Young is a quarterback who happens to be a good athelete, HUGH difference in how he projects to the next level. He isnt nearly the athelete that Vick is, but he is a much better qb. MUCH BETTER. Young will be ALOT better than Vick at the pro level. He is very accurate and has a strong arm. he makes good decisions and is smart. And he can run, again, not as good a runner as Vick, but still very atheletic. Vince Young should be the 1st qb taken in this draft. If he comes out, I believe he will be taken ahead of Leinart, and right behind Bush.

As good as VY is as a college QB, I just do not see him as a quality starting QB in the NFL. I think maybe long term, but his throwing mechanics are horrible. There is no QB in the league that has his throwing motion- until that is fixed, which it can be with some work, I don't see him even sniffing the field. I think the way the NFL is currently, the days of QB's beating teams by running the ball is long gone. As for the Vick comparisons- VY is nowhere near as elusive as Vick- and for as inaccurate a passer as he is, Vick's arm strength is ridiculous Young is a heck of an athlete, no doubt- I am just not convinced that his game will translate to the NFL.

As good as VY is as a college QB, I just do not see him as a quality starting QB in the NFL.  I think maybe long term, but his throwing mechanics are horrible. There is no QB in the league that has his throwing motion- until that is fixed, which it can be with some work, I don't see him even sniffing the field. I think the way the NFL is currently, the days of QB's beating teams by running the ball is long gone. As for the Vick comparisons- VY is nowhere near as elusive as Vick- and for as inaccurate a passer as he is, Vick's arm strength is ridiculous Young is a heck of an athlete, no doubt- I am just not convinced that his game will translate to the NFL.

1248177[/snapback]

You're nuts. :D

If Young comes out and available at the #3 pick, I guarantee that the Titans will pick him.  No question this guy will be a top 10 pick if he comes out.

1247762[/snapback]

I hope they do pick him there.

QUOTE(Perchoutofwater @ 1/4/06 2:45pm)

VY is much better than Vick. He is more putting McNair, Culpepper and Vick in a blender, and he is what you get. He leads the NCAA in QB Rating, so the guy can pass the ball. He has somewhat of a low release point that some are questioning, but at 6-5, it is still higher than most QB's release points. I think if anything the comparisons to Vick are hurting him. He is the most dominant QB in college football, and he could be a very good pro.'

Possibly, but Leinhart looked awfully good in a huge game last year. If he does so again I would see him as better in big games and would rather have him on my team.

Edited by Randall