[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Bengals Post-Game Thoughts

Menudo

O.k. it is over. First off, I have really enjoyed the banter with the Bengals fans this year. They have been funny and classy. I will forgive the way that Tonorator is acting today, as I understand his frustrations. I truly hope that Carson recovers quickly, as he is a class act, as is the entire Bengals team, starting with their head coach. I wish he would have played the entire game. Can I say for sure the outcome would have been different ? Absolutely not, but anyone who says that they are sure the Bengals woudl have won, is ridiculous as well. The Steelers played very good football in the 2nd half and took control of the game. Roethlisberger played very well, which was nice to see after his poor performance in last year's playoff games. As for Kimo's hit, no way was it intentional. Kimo is not that type of player, and I know some disagree, but, he would never intentionally try to injure anyone. His reaction afterwards was not any kind of an act, it was a player upset that another player was injured, possibly badly. The Bengals and Steelers battles are just beginning.

As for next week, the Steelers are going to be huge underdogs, and it would take an absolutely perfect game by the Steelers to win next week, the likes of which hasn't been seen this year. Do I have hope that they can pull the huge upset ? Of course. Do I think they will pull it off ? Unfortunately, no I don't, but, I'm glad that we will get the chance to find out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks that the game was largely decided by an injury (I'd think that Palmer would beat the Steelers) but thats part of the game.

I didn't see the replay of the injury to Palmer, so I can't say if I thought it was a cheap shot or not. But it does show why there is so much protection of QBs these days, which I have heard some people on this forum complain about.

Simple fact is this: Injuries are part of the game. There is nothing you can do about. You have to try to win despite the injuries. I"m not denying what Palmer means to that team, and I can't say for sure that the Steelers would have won if Palmer was in there, but, I can't say that they wouldn't have either. It is what it is.

It sucks that the game was largely decided by an injury (I'd think that Palmer would beat the Steelers) but thats part of the game.

I didn't see the replay of the injury to Palmer, so I can't say if I thought it was a cheap shot or not.  But it does show why there is so much protection of QBs these days, which I have heard some people on this forum complain about.

1255201[/snapback]

you can't protect the QB from a hit like that.QB's being allowed to slide and not be hit is the worst rule in all of sports.

it would have been nice to see the game go down with the key players in there. like it or not, the loss of palmer was massive, hugh even, and the game was never the same. if cincy blows it with all their guns, then i bow out gracefully and say nice job. can't do it after this.

there was no reason to wrap your arms around palmer's legs and pull him down - period. he made absolutely no attempt to avoid him, and then pulled him down, clearly after the ball was thrown. pitt did not look strong and did not even look ready to play. a big blown interference call in the 2nd quarter would have also put the bengals up by 2 scores.

yes, i am officially a sore loser, and have just become a strong colts fan.

it would have been nice to see the game go down with the key players in there.  like it or not, the loss of palmer was massive, hugh even, and the game was never the same.  if cincy blows it with all their guns, then i bow out gracefully and say nice job.  can't do it after this.

there was no reason to wrap your arms around palmer's legs and pull him down - period.  he made absolutely no attempt to avoid him, and then pulled him down, clearly after the ball was thrown.  pitt did not look strong and did not even look ready to play.  a big blown interference call in the 2nd quarter would have also put the bengals up by 2 scores.

yes, i am officially a sore loser, and have just become a strong colts fan.

1255214[/snapback]

Obviously you aren't going to stop, but at least you admit it. :D

i'm not the only one who doesn't stop.  why did you start this thread?

1255225[/snapback]

Re-read it. To congratulate Bengals fans on a solid season and give my thoughts about next weeks game.

Edited by Menudo