[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers - Bengals Post-Game Thoughts

Menudo

bull.  you are still  :D

are you going to run for office anytime soon?

1255231[/snapback]

Whatever dude. Wasn't fishing at all. Trying to say that I've enjoyed the banter with you and the other Bengal fans all season. You are being a sore loser, plain and simple. I have had great arguments and discussions with you in the past, and I enjoyed them very much, that is all I am trying to say. I'm as sorry as you are that Carson got hurt, seriously, I wanted to see it happen with both teams at full strength, but I'm still going to enjoy the fact that the Steelers are moving on. This is football and injuries happen. Sorry.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I congratulatethe Steelers on their victory but I am just pretty pissed off that we got cheated out of what could have been a great game. And that sucks!!!

I congratulatethe Steelers on their victory but I am just pretty pissed off that we got cheated out of what could have been a great game.  And that sucks!!!

1255258[/snapback]

Thanks for the congratulations, but how were you cheated ????

1255262[/snapback]

:D

1255262[/snapback]

we were all cheated. It would have been a much better game with Palmer in there. Not saying the Bengals would have won. But the game would have been closer.

Good one.  :D

1255270[/snapback]

Arguing with a tree makes you no smarter than the tree. I laugh a the tree and walk away.

You weren't cheated. All you wanted was a Steeler victory by whatever means necessary. But for those of us who could in reality give a rattsass one way or another about either team, we were cheated out of the Carson Palmer show.

I've already locked in at the Colts -9.5, and I don't really care if the game is good or not. Long as I get my money next Friday.

Edited by rattsass

yes, i am officially a sore loser, and have just become a strong colts fan.

1255214[/snapback]

Personally, I'm a fan of whoever plays the Steelers. Can't wait for Manning and company to tear that overrated defense apart. Then Hines will cry like a two year old when the Bus says he may retire again. Then Menudo will write a poem about how great a man Hines is and Hines will read it on the Steelers site and cry again..... Oh I can't wait!!!

Arguing with a tree makes you no smarter than the tree.  I laugh a the tree and walk away.

You weren't cheated.  All you wanted was a Steeler victory by whatever means necessary.  But for those of us who could in reality give a rattsass one way or another about either team, we were cheated out of the Carson Palmer show.

I've already locked in at the Colts -9.5, and I don't really care if the game is good or not.  Long as I get my money next Friday.

1255293[/snapback]

Best of luck to you. I will be happily surprised if the Steelers beat the Colts. As for covering, that is a tough spread, but I would lean towards Indy as well.

I am glad that the Steelers already played them there once this year, despite the result. It gives them an idea of what to expect. Now stopping it is another thing :D

Personally, I'm a fan of whoever plays the Steelers.  Can't wait for Manning and company to tear that overrated defense apart. Then Hines will cry like a two year old when the Bus says he may retire again.  Then Menudo will write a poem about how great a man Hines is and Hines will read it on the Steelers site and cry again..... Oh I can't wait!!!

1255300[/snapback]

:D

Personally, I'm a fan of whoever plays the Steelers.  Can't wait for Manning and company to tear that overrated defense apart. Then Hines will cry like a two year old when the Bus says he may retire again.  Then Menudo will write a poem about how great a man Hines is and Hines will read it on the Steelers site and cry again..... Oh I can't wait!!!

1255300[/snapback]

Defense overrated - yes. Likely to get their arses handed to them again by the Colts - yes.

But shut your yap about Hines Ward.

I think the Steelers have a good chance.  If they can send someone to roll up on Peyton Manning's knee on the Colts first posession, they'll be right in this thing.

1255320[/snapback]

I have inside info that the plan has already been put in place.

Seriously, if Kimo does that again, I will personally find out where he lives.

1255328[/snapback]

He is an evil, evil man. He is like 38, and known throughout the league as cheap shot artist. BEWARE !!!!

I am worn out, so I'm gonna post once and go to bed.

The franchise has turned around w/ Palmer, and to lose him on his second play sucked. It sucks even worse because he will have no off-season, maybe no camp at all next year. A shame. The replay in the stadium looked suspicious, but I'm a severely rabid fan of the Bengals and like many went into shock, so I'll defer to the overall concensus that it wasn't cheap.

Kitna looked good in the first half, but only (IMO) because Pitt was still reelin' (they really were outplayed early in Cincy again, but w/ same result). Once they had a chance to regroup at halftime, Kitna looked like a QB who hadn't played in two years.

From where I sat, the officiating SUCKED. Dude runs flat into TJ inside the five and no flag. Kaesviharn didn't look like he touched the Pitt guy at all, yet they call him w/ interference. Looked to all in the stadium like Chad made that catch that got overturned as well. We only get a couple of replays in the stadium, so maybe I'm wrong about some of these, but the folks in the stadium were pretty PO'd feelin' like the refs were making some sh!tty calls. Even the Pitt guys sittin' near us said they couldn't believe the (good) luck at the Kaesviharn interference call. Save your breath telling me I'm full of chit, I'm not gonna read it anyway.

Game was over when the FG snap sailed over holder's head. Can't blame that on any official or Kitna. Pitt is much better at Cincy in staying focused for 60 minutes, and that play turned the game. The final score, to me, was pointless, because the Bengals were done right there. Bengals need to learn to stay in the whole game.

Injuries are part of the game, yep. Just sucks to not even get the chance. (The same feeling happened in the 88 Superbowl when Krumrie went down in the 1st quarter). Those of you claiming it didn't matter 'cuz Kitna played ok for awhile are just as stupid as you claim some of us are. But again, I'm not gonna argue, I'm too tired.

Since it was Pitt against the Palmer-less Bengals, the better team won.

The good news (you would think) is at least I'm not gonna have to wait 15 more years for the next playoff game.

Time to get out the golf clubs

1255300[/snapback]

Is this old hate aka a Raider fan? Or is this new hate aka a Bengal fan? Just where does this hate come from?

O.k.  it is over.  First off, I have really enjoyed the banter with the Bengals fans this year.  They have been funny and classy.  I will forgive the way that Tonorator is acting today, as I understand his frustrations.  I truly hope that Carson recovers quickly, as he is a class act, as is the entire Bengals team, starting with their head coach.  I wish he [Palmer] would have played the entire game. 

1255179[/snapback]

Menudo,

For the most part, I agree with Whomp's post in the other thread. You are a good guy. A stand up guy who roots for his team like a maniac and takes his lumps when the Stillers lose.

What bothers me is when you make disingenuous statements like the one I bolded above. Sure, after you know your team won, you can make gracious statements like that. However, with the score 0-0 and Palmer having made a big play just then, don't try to convince any of us that you would have liked to see him complete the game full strength.

I'm not saying you were glad anyone got hurt. I'm just saying that, during the game, I'm pretty sure you were glad it was Kitna in there.

Carry on.