[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Say hello to the Minny Dink-n-dunk

DMD

Chidress hired Darrell Bevell as the offensive coordinator.

One prospective assistant Childress never doubted was Bevell, who played for him at Wisconsin from 1992-95 and is a longtime devotee of the West Coast offense. Bevell will neither call plays nor coach a position, meaning his primary role will be to install and teach the offense -- Childress' way.

"He knows it forward and backward," Childress said. "He'll say it exactly the way I want it said. I think it's very important that you speak with one voice, that there is no margin for error. I think that is very important as you go forward that everybody knows ... and everybody is saying the exact same thing."

Looks like the pattern last year of no decent fantasy WR in MIN is likely to repeat.

Doesn't seem like they're playing into the strength of their quarterback, but if it makes Daunte dump the ball off within 3 seconds, I'm all for it.

1265617[/snapback]

There is a very real possibility that Daunte won't be the Vikes QB. The 45 minute phone call between him and Childress yesterday appears to have been a lot less than successful.

Star Tribune report

There is a very real possibility that Daunte won't be the Vikes QB.  The 45 minute phone call between him and Childress yesterday appears to have been a lot less than successful. 

Star Tribune report

1265653[/snapback]

Maybe he wants free reign like in years past.

Childress, however, made clear he expects Culpepper to participate in the Vikings' offseason conditioning program -- Culpepper typically has trained near his home in Orlando, Fla. -- and said "it's hard to know [Culpepper's future] without a crystal ball."

There is a very real possibility that Daunte won't be the Vikes QB.  The 45 minute phone call between him and Childress yesterday appears to have been a lot less than successful. 

Star Tribune report

1265653[/snapback]

Yes, it didn't sound good a few days ago when Childress said that Daunte's in town but they haven't had the chance to get together yet.