[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers-Colts

Runner

Every newspaper (except in Pittsburgh), every Sports Talk Show, every TV station is not giving Pittsburgh a snowball's chance in H-ell to beat the Colts today. I was just watching ESPN, and I don't why the game is being played because Everyone thinks Indy wins BIG today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to PLAY the game before they crown Indy as the best team ever? Don't get me wrong... I do think Indy will win the game by two touchdowns. However, I still think Pittsburgh has a chance. I mean, San Diego thumped Indy when all their starters were playing.

Just wondering why NOBODY is giving Pittsburgh any chance today. Is it because everyone WANTS Indy to win? Is it because Pittsburgh's pass DF blows, or is it because everyone wants Pittsburgh to lose? Just curious, I guess. Pittsburgh has been playing fairly well, and who knows... an Interception here, a fumble there, a kickoff return, a fluke play... Anything can happen.

I certainly don't think the Colts merely have to show up to win. I know the Colts are a better team (significantly better), but it doesn't mean that they can't be cold after their bye week and have a bad game. I remember nobody gave the Patriots any chance against "the best team on turf" a few years ago, and look what happened.

So, how many of you think the Steelers have little or no chance? I think they have a chance, but they have to play mistake-free football and run the ball. I give them a 25% chance. :D

Ya gotta love how the media drives everything into the ground. I think the Colts are going to win, but you're right, its not like the Steelers CANT win this game. The talking heads are such a pain in the A$$.

So, how many of you think the Steelers have little or no chance?  I think they have a chance, but they have to play mistake-free football and run the ball.  I give them a 25% chance. :D

1266617[/snapback]

I think they have a chance, we all have a chance to win the lotto, that's why i keep playing every wednesday.

Every newspaper (except in Pittsburgh), every Sports Talk Show, every TV station is not giving Pittsburgh a snowball's chance in H-ell to beat the Colts today.  I was just watching ESPN, and I don't why the game is being played because Everyone thinks Indy wins BIG today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to PLAY the game before they crown Indy as the best team ever?  Don't get me wrong... I do think Indy will win the game by two touchdowns.  However, I still think Pittsburgh has a chance.  I mean, San Diego thumped Indy when all their starters were playing.

Just wondering why NOBODY is giving Pittsburgh any chance today.  Is it because everyone WANTS Indy to win?  Is it because Pittsburgh's pass DF blows, or is it because everyone wants Pittsburgh to lose?  Just curious, I guess.  Pittsburgh has been playing fairly well, and who knows... an Interception here, a fumble there, a kickoff return, a fluke play... Anything can happen. 

I certainly don't think the Colts merely have to show up to win.  I know the Colts are a better team (significantly better), but it doesn't mean that they can't be cold after their bye week and have a bad game.  I remember nobody gave the Patriots any chance against "the best team on turf" a few years ago, and look what happened.

So, how many of you think the Steelers have little or no chance?  I think they have a chance, but they have to play mistake-free football and run the ball.  I give them a 25% chance. :D

1266617[/snapback]

So, you have backtracked on the "Steelers are nothing more than an average team" stance ? :D

I think they have a chance, we all have a chance to win the lotto, that's why i keep playing every wednesday.

1266659[/snapback]

The world's number 1 Steeler hater, despite having no favorite team chimes in again. :D

So, you have backtracked on the "Steelers are nothing more than an average team" stance ?  :D

1266665[/snapback]

When I discussed that, the Steelers were 7-5 and on a 3 game skid. I think my assessment was valid at that time. I'll give them credit for finishing the season strong. Unlike you, I can give credit where credit is due. :D

When I discussed that, the Steelers were 7-5 and on a 3 game skid.  I think my assessment was valid at that time.  I'll give them credit for finishing the season strong.  Unlike you, I can give credit where credit is due. :D

1266675[/snapback]

I don't give credit where it is due ? :D News to me.

I don't give credit where it is due ?  :D  News to me.

1266680[/snapback]

Menudo,

When (most likely) the Steelers lose today, I already know... You'll add your congratulatory post to the Colts and the Colts fans, because you know everyone will be lined-up to throw you a few shots. But you want to make it look like your not a sore loser by getting that first post after the game.

Menudo,

When (most likely) the Steelers lose today, I already know... You'll add your congratulatory post to the Colts and the Colts fans, because you know everyone will be lined-up to throw you a few shots.  But you want to make it look like your not a sore loser by getting that first post after the game.

1266688[/snapback]

Seriously, I don't understand your problem with me. I will congratulate the Colts if they win because they will deserve it. As for me avoiding things, I have ALWAYS come back to take my beatings like a man after things don't go my way.

My wife had me watching NUMB3ERS the other night so I wil break this down mathematically.

If A>B and B>C then A>C. Let's say that A = PIT, B = SD and C =I ND. For theory's sake > = beats. With me so far? Good. So PIT beats SD(A>:D, SD beats IND(B>C), then PIT beats IND(A>C). See, it's simple when you use math. :D

Edited by sunysteelfly76

My wife had me watching NUMB3ERS the other night so I wil break this down mathematically.

If A>B and B>C then A>C.  Let's say that A = PIT, B = SD and C =I ND.  For theory's sake > = beats.  With me so far?  Good.  So PIT beats SD(A>:D, SD beats IND(B>C), then PIT beats IND(A>C).  See, it's simple when you use math.  :D

1266723[/snapback]

Too funny :D

If the Colts turn the ball over 5 times like the Patriots did.......the Steelers could possibly win. Keep your fingers crossed Steeler fans! :D

If the Colts turn the ball over 5 times like the Patriots did.......the Steelers could possibly win.  Keep your fingers crossed Steeler fans!  :D

1266741[/snapback]

Or, what about if one of the Steeler DL accidentally hit Manning at the knee? It could happen, ya know? :D And if it does, the Steelers win big.

If A>B and B>C then A>C.  Let's say that A = PIT, B = SD and C =I ND.  For theory's sake > = beats.  With me so far?  Good.  So PIT beats SD(A>:D, SD beats IND(B>C), then PIT beats IND(A>C).  See, it's simple when you use math.  :D

1266723[/snapback]

Charlie, nice algerithem!

According to everything I have read (away from the Huddle that is), and everything I have heard...... Indy is the only team playing in Indy today. If one didn't hang out here, one would have no clue who their opponent might be or that they haven't already won the SB.

ESPN has already given the SB title to Indy... I see no reason why we are continuting on with the PO's.

All this time I was pretty sure that there were two teams in each game. I hate it when I am that far wrong. :doah:

Pitt (the forgotten team) has just as much of a chance as anyone else. Heck, SD beat Indy when they were going for a zero loss season. Indy will probably win, won't cover, but that sure doesn't mean that there aren't two teams playing in that game.

I'm taking Pitt +9.5... that is if I can find someone that knows Pitt is playing.

Or, what about if one of the Steeler DL accidentally hit Manning at the knee?  It could happen, ya know? :D  And if it does, the Steelers win big.

1266744[/snapback]

True. Or Mannings appendix could burst right before kickoff.

Or a bolt of lightning could find it's way into the building and strike down Marvin Harrison on the 5 yard line of the game winning touchdown reception.

The world is full of possibilities.

True.  Or Mannings appendix could burst right before kickoff.

Or a bolt of lightning could find it's way into the building and strike down Marvin Harrison on the 5 yard line of the game winning touchdown reception.

The world is full of possibilities.

1266756[/snapback]

Indy would still win win Harrison, most likely. They CANNOT win without Manning. I bet Kimo is practicing his "blocked into the QB" move as I type. I bet Manning's knee is hit in the first series.

I just checked with the NFL.  They're going to go ahead and play the game anyway.

So don't get your panties in a bunch over what people on ESPN are saying.  If it's making you that upset, change the channel.

1266771[/snapback]

:D I just hope this game has some O, I want an exciting game!