[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carolina/Chi

cincy slammers

It's just strange to me how in the world these teams get beat by Smith when he is their only passing weapon. Jake throws to him like 75% of the time. The Giants had the same issue last week. I just don't get it. He MUST be doubled every play period. And why Chic doesn't have Vasher following him ALL over the field is a mystery to me as well.

1267886[/snapback]

I spent the entire game thinking the same thing. Carolina is a one-trick pony - if you take the trick away, there's nothing left. Smith is great at getting separation, but why not just double him up with two guys within 10 feet? Even if he still got some passes, it would surely limit his YAC.

Lucas was wide open on that play and Grossman hit him right between the #'s.

1267957[/snapback]

:D man...that was funny.

In fairness, Grossman really had a great game..he was no match for CAR, but next year..he's gonna tear it up...I said earlier MIN would win that division next year, but after Rex, i think he's another Rothlisberger...he'll own...period.

I spent the entire game thinking the same thing.  Carolina is a one-trick pony - if you take the trick away, there's nothing left.  Smith is great at getting separation, but why not just double him up with two guys within 10 feet?  Even if he still got some passes, it would surely limit his YAC.

1268050[/snapback]

The one trick is pretty impressive though - sorta like a horse jumping a motorcycle through a flaming hoop while standing on its head.

Good entertainment today.

Glad to see the Bears come from behind and try to make a game of it.

It seemed as though Carolina was one step ahead of the Bears on every play. You have to give props to the Panthers coaching staff that clearly out-prepared the Bears staff.

The Bears D has nowhere to go but up, but I put this game on their shoulders, as I'm sure they are. If anyone knew that Chicago would put 21 points on the board, I'll bet most everyone would have thought they would win.

This was gravy and good experience for the Bears. They'll only get better--too bad they couldn't stop Smith today.

Good entertainment today.

Glad to see the Bears come from behind and try to make a game of it.

It seemed as though Carolina was one step ahead of the Bears on every play. You have to give props to the Panthers coaching staff that clearly out-prepared the Bears staff.

The Bears D has nowhere to go but up, but I put this game on their shoulders, as I'm sure they are. If anyone knew that Chicago would put 21 points on the board, I'll bet most everyone would have thought they would win.

This was gravy and good experience for the Bears. They'll only get better--too bad they couldn't stop Smith today.

1268246[/snapback]

I'm sorta upset, because if Smith doesn't do what he does, CAR doesn't win. Smith is just so crazy. I'm glad he's on our side.. *whew*

CHI is gonna be great with an offense that gets enough time to click.

The one trick is pretty impressive though - sorta like a horse jumping a motorcycle through a flaming hoop while standing on its head.

1268239[/snapback]

By the third quarter I was hoping Lovie would put on one of his third string LBs and tell him to wait till Smith was tackled, then rush over there and stamp on his throat or something.

They MUST have gameplanned for Smith, surely? :D It's not like Carolina is an offensive hydra.

By the third quarter I was hoping Lovie would put on one of his third string LBs and tell him to wait till Smith was tackled, then rush over there and stamp on his throat or something. 

They MUST have gameplanned for Smith, surely?  :D  It's not like Carolina is an offensive hydra.

1268440[/snapback]

There's no way they couldn't have gameplanned for him...I mean you have to say to yourself "okay, Smith is THE ONLY PERSON HE'S GONNA THROW TO...DONT LET HIM" You might be better quadrupling or even 5-tupling him and leaving 2 other WR's running around like a cow that escaped the slaughter.

Only thing I can think, is he must just be that good, to get that open even with double coverage...

I doubt its the playcalling either, i mean, it doesn't matter the play, it's "hey, i think they're throwing to 89...yup, i was right...hey, 89 again, i think"

:D I'm just so glad he's on my team...

I think we learned a few things:

2. These young QB's need playoff games before they can get it done. Simms, Eli, Leftwich, and Grossman. Seems clear you need a few playoff games under your belt before you are ready

1267592[/snapback]

You left Peyton off that list ... oh wait ... he's not so young anymore :doah: