[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Polamalu Interception

Menudo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are making me want to slam my head thru my screen-  :D .

I appreciate the scenarios but he ruled it an incomplete pass- end of story. Fumble did not play a part in it- capice?

Just blows my mind b/c the catch and control ruling is one of the most analyzed rules challenged in Instant Replay-  How the F do they miss that??

1270133[/snapback]

Fumble did play a part in it. He lies down, it's over. We know now the ref was wrong, but he (mistakenly) ruled it an incomplete pass BECAUSE of the fumble.

the nfl has come out today calling it a "judgment call".  that's the clearest evidence you'll ever get from the league that the ref totally blew the call.

though i'm sure if indy ended up winning the game these league Megan Foxes would be out stretching the rule book any which direction imaginable to say it was the "correct interpretation".

1269221[/snapback]

ESPN reported that the NFL admitted that the officials got the play wrong.

edited to add, saw your link in another thread. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Fumble did play a part in it.  He lies down, it's over.  We know now the ref was wrong, but he (mistakenly) ruled it an incomplete pass BECAUSE of the fumble.

1270141[/snapback]

touche- I appreciate the devils advocate Ursa- I guess it did in a way. But technically, not in any official ruling. Not many things get me this fired up- I could not believe what I was seeing.

Ummm... you people realize that I made up the rule I posted on page one, right?

That was sarcasm.

Sorry, apparently, I made it too realistic.  Rule 85.1.1 exists only in my head.  I was joking.

1270412[/snapback]

:D

i didn't even notice you posting it, i just saw ursa keep referring to it. you just took the last couple little kittenfarts of wind out of his sails in the "it's not the refs, it's the RULES" crusade.. :D

i didn't even notice you posting it, i just saw ursa keep referring to it.  you just took the last couple little kittenfarts of wind out of his sails in the "it's not the refs, it's the RULES" crusade.. :D

1270559[/snapback]

Whoops!

That was sarcasm.

Sorry, apparently, I made it too realistic.  Rule 85.1.1 exists only in my head.  I was joking.

1270412[/snapback]

Woops. It read just like the ref said it. Guess I had a case of the Mooondays. :doah:

That was sarcasm.

1270412[/snapback]

i didn't even notice you posting it, i just saw ursa keep referring to it.  you just took the last couple little kittenfarts of wind out of his sails in the "it's not the refs, it's the RULES" crusade.. :D

1270559[/snapback]

I'd put a :D on my head, but I'm used to people posting truth and useful information on this board, as opposed to the Tailgate, where any BS goes. Guess I shouldn't assume.

My bad.