[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear Carolina Panthers....

rhippens

I am writing this letter in sadness, and it's taken me this long to gather my thoughts. After going through the "my team is done, my fantasy season is just a memory, and football is now 7 months away again" depression, I have brought myself back to a level of competance to write to you this morning.

This letter is to wish you congratulations and good luck. Yesterday's contest was a great battle that came down to the end. Your seasoned quarterback came out victorious as he showed his playoff-tested mind. Your wide receiver seemed to be everywhere and took advantage of opportunities such as being covered by Chris Thompson. I'm not sure Mr. Smith will see that kind of talent lined up across from him again, but I'm pretty sure he has the desire to win any kind of battle. I am saddened by the injury to your starting running back, my best wishes go out to a healthy recovery for him. But as we saw last year, your next option is a viable one. And hats off to your defense who played like a team and like gentlemen, other than Mr. Lucas of course. I'm sure he is a fine young man, but dry-humping a football does not seem polite to me. Regardless, your defense played as well as they could and I hope that none of the injuries are too serious.

As I said in the beginning, this letter is being written in a sad state. The reason why, of course, is that I'm a Chicago Bears fan. I think my team played a decent game, but it was not enough to win. The big play never went our way out there on that battlefield so we were left coming up short. So as a Bears fan, again, I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck. I am pulling for you to win the NFC.

We'll see you next year.

And of course, to all of fans from the Huddle, such as PD, Loog, PSULions, etc., I also send out my regards and well wishes.

Sincerely,

Hippy

Very nice post! :D

This was a great game from start to finish and I must say that I was quite impressed with Rex Grossman and the Bears offense, which I didn't expect to say. Rex made plays and after a shaky start looks very good against the though Panthers D. Everytime we scored I was hoping for a stop and Rex was able to rally the offense and take it back to a 2 pt. game. A little more experience and I think he will be a good QB for the Bears. :D

Gotta give it up for my boy Steve Smith.... What a game!!! :D:D

Thanks for the heart felt comments and good luck to your team next year! :D

Well done, Hippy. I couldn't write anything like that because I still feel physically sick. Not because we lost, but because we let Smith run riot all day AGAIN, only this time with the TDs he missed out on last time. Granted he's a great player, but......

Nice post. I'll still be pulling for Seattle next week though.

Thanks Rhippens, I appreciate your post. You guys proved yourself to be a force to be reckoned with. If you guys do absolutely nothing in the off-season you're still going to be contenders. Although I'm sure you guys will only add more talent to your team.

Steve Smith is a bad man. That's all there is to say.

Well, I'l add: "this week isn't like last week."

Seriously, GREAT game -especially on the heels of the Pit game- and I have to say I am pulling for the Panther to now go all the way.

Steve Smith is a bad man.

Oh give me a break. I finally gather myself together today only to come on here finding Bears fans talking like a bunch of ladies. Screw the Panthers. Until yesterday, I pulled for the Panthers unless they were playing the Bears since I live in Panther country down here in NC. After yesterday, I no longer have two teams. I'm all Bears and now have a reason to pull for the Bucs, Falcons and Saints!!! Hopefully when Steve Smith gets his first touchdown next week and points towards the sky like he does, some mighty thunder will roar and a streak of lighting will come crashing down from those dark Seattle skies to take him out of the game.

I'm guessing that by the weekend I will have come back around to pull for the home team but you can't blame a guy for being upset that his team is now out. Take it easy guys and I'll see you next season!! :D

I am writing this letter in sadness, and it's taken me this long to gather my thoughts.  After going through the "my team is done, my fantasy season is just a memory, and football is now 7 months away again" depression, I have brought myself back to a level of competance to write to you this morning.

This letter is to wish you congratulations and good luck.  Yesterday's contest was a great battle that came down to the end.  Your seasoned quarterback came out victorious as he showed his playoff-tested mind.  Your wide receiver seemed to be everywhere and took advantage of opportunities such as being covered by Chris Thompson.  I'm not sure Mr. Smith will see that kind of talent lined up across from him again, but I'm pretty sure he has the desire to win any kind of battle.  I am saddened by the injury to your starting running back, my best wishes go out to a healthy recovery for him.  But as we saw last year, your next option is a viable one.  And hats off to your defense who played like a team and like gentlemen, other than Mr. Lucas of course.  I'm sure he is a fine young man, but dry-humping a football does not seem polite to me.  Regardless, your defense played as well as they could and I hope that none of the injuries are too serious.

As I said in the beginning, this letter is being written in a sad state.  The reason why, of course, is that I'm a Chicago Bears fan.  I think my team played a decent game, but it was not enough to win.  The big play never went our way out there on that battlefield so we were left coming up short.  So as a Bears fan, again, I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck.  I am pulling for you to win the NFC.

We'll see you next year.

And of course, to all of fans from the Huddle, such as PD, Loog, PSULions, etc., I also send out my regards and well wishes.

Sincerely,

Hippy

1268614[/snapback]

:D Well said! Good luck Carolina!

I am writing this letter in sadness, and it's taken me this long to gather my thoughts.  After going through the "my team is done, my fantasy season is just a memory, and football is now 7 months away again" depression, I have brought myself back to a level of competance to write to you this morning.

This letter is to wish you congratulations and good luck.  Yesterday's contest was a great battle that came down to the end.  Your seasoned quarterback came out victorious as he showed his playoff-tested mind.  Your wide receiver seemed to be everywhere and took advantage of opportunities such as being covered by Chris Thompson.  I'm not sure Mr. Smith will see that kind of talent lined up across from him again, but I'm pretty sure he has the desire to win any kind of battle.  I am saddened by the injury to your starting running back, my best wishes go out to a healthy recovery for him.  But as we saw last year, your next option is a viable one.  And hats off to your defense who played like a team and like gentlemen, other than Mr. Lucas of course.  I'm sure he is a fine young man, but dry-humping a football does not seem polite to me.  Regardless, your defense played as well as they could and I hope that none of the injuries are too serious.

As I said in the beginning, this letter is being written in a sad state.  The reason why, of course, is that I'm a Chicago Bears fan.  I think my team played a decent game, but it was not enough to win.  The big play never went our way out there on that battlefield so we were left coming up short.  So as a Bears fan, again, I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck.  I am pulling for you to win the NFC.

We'll see you next year.

Sincerely,

Hippy

1268614[/snapback]

Good post, Rhip! Agree w/ it 100%! I'll be pulling for Caro also. Hell, I have them to win the SB @18-1!

The Panthers gave up 21 points to the Bears shucksty ass offense. I dont see them out scoring the Hawks.

1269151[/snapback]

Yeah because the defense didn't have to play as hard since the Panthers' O was having a field day.

Why try and make the game a shut out when your team is driving all day?

holy cow man. That was probably the best post I've ever read on here. Hats off to you. I truly am not worthy! :D

I can't describe how happy I am to see someone with so much class provide their unbiased opinion of their team. You have alot to be proud of, and not just here, but with your football team, too!

I know you were happy watching Rex deliver probably the best, most well-rounded game of the playoffs thus far! Hats are truly off to you! Thank you.

The Panthers gave up 21 points to the Bears shucksty ass offense. I dont see them out scoring the Hawks.

1269151[/snapback]

Not everything is about you and your blind homerism. This thread WAS the epitome of class. Thanks for bringing us to reality.