[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got the numbers for Superbowl Squares contest

wiegie

Also pays 25% of each quarters payout to the person who had the correct numbers but wrong teams. 

1275054[/snapback]

I gotta quick story on that. every year ( for the past 20 now ) I get on a BIG board back home for the SB. $100.00 per square. Pays $2000.00 per quarter ( $1500 right way - $500 wrong way)...... and pays off the freak'in motherload on the final. $3500 & $500.

It was either the first or 2nd. year that I was in....... when the Bears won the SB...... I had 4-0. (4 for the bears). It was 44-10 with less than a minute left in the game & I was danc'in around the bar like a little giggy school girl. i had it banked already.

Until..... 'da bears sacked Grogan 2 consecutive times in the last minute... the 2nd. being a safety to make it 46-10 final. :D:D:D

It was freak'in brutal. :D I've been in the pool EVERY YEAR since and haven't won jack. :D

that ain't a bad idea. now how do we set up a internet board that reveals the numbers safely & properly once all the squares are full. :D

1275085[/snapback]

I'll be happy to handle collecting the cash and creating the spreadsheet. If KidCid will be gracious enough to host the spreadsheet on his server (he does that for the Weight Loss Challenge), folks can sign in using a password and pick their squares. If that doesn't work out, once we get the 25 people, I can just put peoples name in blank squares at random then email everyone the blank sheet.

We then need to figure out a way to select the numbers for each square so that it is objective and random. :D

I'll be happy to handle collecting the cash and creating the spreadsheet.  If KidCid will be gracious enough to host the spreadsheet on his server (he does that for the Weight Loss Challenge), folks can sign in using a password and pick their squares.  If that doesn't work out, once we get the 25 people, I can just put peoples name in blank squares at random then email everyone the blank sheet. 

We then need to figure out a way to select the numbers for each square so that it is objective and random.  :D

1275118[/snapback]

I know where Puddy lives so we can trust him.

So Puddy, what do you think, 50/50? :D

Seriously, we can get together with CHUCK B. and pick the squares.

I wonder if the dice server could help us somehow. :D

1275154[/snapback]

That is an excellent idea. 100 rolls needed. Lowest roll goes in the first square and then fill it by ascending roll. I think it would be pretty time consuming allowing people to pick their own squares.

Our club has a weekly MNF pool that runs all year and then during the playoffs. A-10 are used from a red and black suit of playing cards. 10 = 0, A = 1. Black is home team, red is away. Shuffle the 20 cards. Apply numbers as they come out. Thats how we do it anyway.

I'm sure somebody with a webcam could do this so it is all legit.

I would be interested, what are we talking per square? I am in 1 at my Elks lodge and it is $100 per quarter and they redraw numbers after every quarter. It pays 200 to the winner and 125  per touch for each quarter.

1275285[/snapback]

I was thinking like $5 per square. Payout:

1st quarter - 3rd quarter - $75 right way, $25 wrong way

End of game - $150 right way, $50 wrong way

Edit: We'd sell them in 4 square blocks, so it's essentially $20 per Huddler.

Edited by Puddy

I was thinking like $5 per square.  Payout:

1st quarter - 3rd quarter - $75 right way, $25 wrong way

End of game - $150 right way, $50 wrong way

Edit:  We'd sell them in 4 square blocks, so it's essentially $20 per Huddler.

1275287[/snapback]

Count me as in then

That is an excellent idea. 100 rolls needed. Lowest roll goes in the first square and then fill it by ascending roll.

1275167[/snapback]

:D I've got it !! I've gotta sure fire way to make it work & it's easy as pie.

we set up the board & mark the squares 1-100. then, as georgemoe said...... we go lowest to highest on the rolls for the numbered squares. as far as revealing the numbers...... we can just do that FIRST. Have all the numbers set prior to assigning names to them. then as the rolls come in..... you'll see your possibilites changes as each name is posted. :D

Making sure the dice rolls are valid are key.... but that's no biggie. Each person can do 4 rolls. We'd have to use 100 sided dice & roll probably 3 or 4 dice.... just to ensure no ties, then chronologically put them in order & we're set.

i think this would work. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia