[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of the Four Remaining QBs - Who would you take

Vet

Which of the four remaining QBs do you want with the ball in his hands if you life is on the line?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four remaining QBs do you want with the ball in his hands if you life is on the line?

• Delhomme
    • Hasselback
    • Plummer
    • Roethlisberger

Listening to Mike & Mad Dog.  They just asked Tom Jackson wich of the four remaining QBs he'd want if he had to win one big game.  Interesting question.

1278744[/snapback]

And Tom said...??

EDIT - I took Delhomme, but an argument I think can be made for any of them. I agree, interesting question.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

In general.  Assume the rest of your team is set, and you just have to plug in a QB.

1278788[/snapback]

Hmmm. Interesting. For one game. :D

Yep, I'd say Delhomme. For this week I'd say Hasselbeck, but that's based on factors pertaining strictly to this week, so in general, I'd say Delhomme.

If my life is on the line?  The one who knows how behead people with a football?  :D

1278811[/snapback]

I meant your "football life", Squeege. :D

I'd probably take Delhomme, since I trust him most not to screw things up. Roethlisberger would get some consideration, but I don't fully trust the young man yet. So I'd take Delhomme - and then pray that my opponent took Jake Plummer.

Take smith away from delhomme and you have the same qb as last year.

I would say Plummer or Hasselbeck.

1278786[/snapback]

You mean the QB who once again threw for over 3,000 yds in 2004 and nearly 30 TD's, and threw to Moose, who led the NFL in WR TD's in 2004 and went to the Pro Bowl, and got a fat contract with Chi-Town. Man, as it's been said all season-Do some research!!!

C'Mon ya little unwise one-as your Delhomme comment, along with 99.9% of what you say is ludicrous. Remember early in the year, I tried to help you out-told you to come with a little research on what you say-has not happend yet. The brain trust here knows it's football, and yet you spew with shizzle right off the hip. Your comment on Delhomme is absolutely so far off it's beyond pathetic, so I can only assume that you looked at the 7-9 record of 2004 as your only reasoning for your post. If you will do a little research, you'll see how very stupid that post was-please, for once, educate yourself.

You mean the QB who once again threw for over 3,000 yds in 2004 and nearly 30 TD's, and threw to Moose, who led the NFL in WR TD's in 2004 and went to the Pro Bowl, and got  a fat contract with Chi-Town. Man, as it's been said all season-Do some research!!!

1278845[/snapback]

:D Beat me to it! Any QB that gets Moose to the Pro Bowl must be doing something right.

Your right I didnt really care to look at what numbers Delhomme put up last year but I know Hasselbeck will win me games. The question was what QB would you take to win you one game in general. Hasselbeck had his starting receivers hurt and he still did amazing and is starting QB in the Pro Bowl. His MVP running back went down and he still stepped it up and led our team to a victory. I love Hasselbeck.

37, so ya know, Delhomme has thrown for over 3000 yds in his 3 years starting at QB for the Panthers, and has always thrown more td's than int's (td's always have been over 20). He has the highest QB rating ever in the PO with 150 passes being the measuring stick. So, it appears that outside your manlove for all things SeaHawks, ya gotta lot to learn.

I guess I'm the loner who took Plummer... And he never would have been a consideration in the past. I'll concede the others are definitely outpacing him from a stats perspective, but the guy is simply playing very smart football on a very balanced offense. That's what I would want if the game is on the line.

Junkyard

You mean the QB who once again threw for over 3,000 yds in 2004 and nearly 30 TD's, and threw to Moose, who led the NFL in WR TD's in 2004 and went to the Pro Bowl, and got  a fat contract with Chi-Town. Man, as it's been said all season-Do some research!!!

1278845[/snapback]

hehe...i was too late...sorry for my above post.

I dont care about stats throughout the year. I care about winning games. Last year they werent able to do it as well as this year. Does steve smith have a lot to do with it? YES. Sure Delhomme is good but he is a little Bia on the feild arguing almost every officiating call. This year I would rather have Hasselbeck lead my team because I know he is going to not let his team lose. He wants to win and I would put my life in his hands to answer the question. Delhomme and the Panthers are off and on. Last year they were off. Does Steve Smith have something to do with them winning more?

I dont care about stats throughout the year. I care about winning games. Last year they werent able to do it as well as this year. Does steve smith have a lot to do with it? YES. Sure Delhomme is good but he is a little Bia on the feild arguing almost every officiating call. This year I would rather have Hasselbeck lead my team because I know he is going to not let his team lose. He wants to win and I would put my life in his hands to answer the question. Delhomme and the Panthers are off and on. Last year they were off. Does Steve Smith have something to do with them winning more?

1279853[/snapback]

now you're being an idiot. CAR was not off last year. They had like 14 season ending injuries. And DELHOMME, NOT SMITH, DELHOMME brought them to within 1 win of the playoffs, after going 1-7, to win 7 straight games. So get your darn facts straight. jesus.

If my life were on the line, I think I'd prefer Jenny Finch in my corner!  :D

As it is, even as an avid life long Bronco fan, I'm picking Ben, as well as he is playing right now.  His game against the dolts was awesome.

1281051[/snapback]

Wow. That is a stand-up thing to say as a Denver fan. Best of luck tomorrow. It is going to be a GREAT game. Plummer worries me, simply because of the fact that he can make things happen out of the pocket. I really can't think of anything else right now, and don't know if I will sleep tonight. Best of luck to you, I have the utmost respect for Mike Shanahan, the Broncos, and their fans, they have always been a class organization. I just hope that it is the Steelers turn this year. We need revenge for '97. Also, my best friend is a Bronco fan, and I don't want to think about what I will hear if they end our dreams again. :D

Wow.  That is a stand-up thing to say as a Denver fan.  Best of luck tomorrow.  It is going to be a GREAT game.  Plummer worries me, simply because of the fact that he can make things happen out of the pocket.  I really can't think of anything else right now, and don't know if I will sleep tonight.  Best of luck to you, I have the utmost respect for Mike Shanahan, the Broncos, and their fans, they have always been a class organization.  I just hope that it is the Steelers turn this year.  We need revenge for '97.  Also, my best friend is a Bronco fan, and I don't want to think about what I will hear if they end our dreams again.  :D

1281054[/snapback]

Welp, this was a QB only question. I think the terrible towel has a big ole can of whoop azz wating for them tomorrow. But, you're right, either way it is going to be one AWESOME game tomorrow. Best of luck to you too. :D:D