[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KOBE

theeohiostate

Ahhh. TOS - I now realize part of the reason you say easy MVP at this point. I see you have him on your fantasy squad.

I can understand that but there are a few better candidates for league MVP right now. I'm to tired to list them now, but one that comes to mind is Chauncey Billups (yeah, sometimes I'm a homer too).

I am the furthest thing from a Kobe fan. I have disliked him from the first time I caught wind of his act. I am a HUGH Bulls/MJ guy, and Kobe has pissed me off with his MJ-wannabe-ness. :D

That said, I'm also a pretty HUGH Lakers fan (hard not to be, growing up in LA in the 80's with Magic, Kareem, Worthy) ... so as much as I despise that rapi-errr... guy... that was an incredible showing, especially the 2nd half. Since I'm in LA, I got the game on TV and watched most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter... :D Props to Kobe.

On a slight tangent, when I was a near-studly hoops player :D, there were days when I would be on complete FIRE... the rim would look 4 feet wide. The ball leaves your fingertips and you just know it was going in. "The zone"... it's a nice place to be. Hope I can get my fat asz in shape so I can feel that again.

<snip>I'm also a pretty HUGH Lakers fan (hard not to be, growing up in LA in the 80's with Magic, Kareem, Worthy) ... so as much as I despise that rapi-errr... guy... </snip>

1282894[/snapback]

Amen to that -- Lock up your hotel clerks and and anything this side of a sheep -- Kobe's gonna be partying tonight. Wifey's got another hand that could carry another 4-carat apology and the 81-point celebration might just prompt it!!

Bah. He's a TOad. Let him room with Mike Tyson, OJ, and Tonya Harding. :D

congrats to kobe. 81 points is impressive. but, i think he's a punk. the biggest thing that bothers me about this is that his team is in 3rd place in their division. second is that i'm going to have to hear about kobe's 81 points for the rest of my life. third is that i am bothered by the fact that the "hip-hop" image is being attacked, yet the nba continues to make an accused rapist their posterboy. very annoying.

i think Kobe is the type of player that would be more happy with the 81 pts and a loss than 10 pts and a win ...i could be wrong but that is how I view him ...great talent but not a great team player ( very different from MJ )

1286488[/snapback]

FOr this year I would be exactly like that he was the laughing stock of the NBA last year not with his team(well maybe Leno tore them a part a bit) so if I was Kobe I'd want to rack up my stats to. He needs the endorsements and good ublicity after the last few years.

81 Points, what a ball hog :D. He shot the ball 46 times.

1286339[/snapback]

Yeah, but he shot 61% from the field. His TSP was over 73%. Sorry, if I am that hot, why pass the ball to teammates who are going to shoot 45% on a good night.

Yeah, but he shot 61% from the field. His TSP was over 73%. Sorry, if I am that hot, why pass the ball to teammates who are going to shoot 45% on a good night.

1288063[/snapback]

Ding, ding, ding.

I don't like Kobe either, but give credit where credit is due...that was an awesome performance. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

Ding, ding, ding. 

I don't like Kobe either, but give credit where credit is due...that was an awesome performance. :D

1288128[/snapback]

Absolutely. Second highest score in the NBA....EVER! That's something right there, never mind all the "I don't like him" crap. Apparently Wilt wasn't exactly Mr Nice Guy all the time either.