[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In case there was any doubt

kryptonite

Not a chance. They won't win a Super Bowl with Dungy in my opinion. How could this team possibly get better than they were this year? They dominated all year, had a sick offense and a very solid defense and came up lame (again). I don't see it happening, looks like Tampa Bay was on to something when they got rid of him. They wanted to win the SB, not just win regular season games.

Not a chance.  They won't win a Super Bowl with Dungy in my opinion.  How could this team possibly get better than they were this year?  They dominated all year, had a sick offense and a very solid defense and came up lame (again).  I don't see it happening, looks like Tampa Bay was on to something when they got rid of him.  They wanted to win the SB, not just win regular season games.

1284109[/snapback]

and you're a "huddle pro"! :D

Edited by borge007

I think they have a shot, but have some work to do, namely, locking up Edge and Reggie Wayne (in that order).

I don't but into this "Dungy can't win the big one". This year was tough with the passing of his son and all. They will never admit this, but the 13-0 I think hurt them. Clinching homefield in the 14th or 15th week hurt as rust set in. Not to take anything away from the Steelers, but there was a little rust on that team. I personally believe if the Colts end up beating the Steelers, no one ends up beating them.

I do have to admit, however, it is getting tougher to argue for Dungy (and Peyton for that matter). I'm not saying they will win the Super Bowl, but I think they will be in the discussion. Saying "no way!" is a little premature IMO.

Not a chance.  They won't win a Super Bowl with Dungy in my opinion.  How could this team possibly get better than they were this year?  They dominated all year, had a sick offense and a very solid defense and came up lame (again).  I don't see it happening, looks like Tampa Bay was on to something when they got rid of him.  They wanted to win the SB, not just win regular season games.

1284109[/snapback]

I agree with this totally. the Colts went into that game without a clue as to what to expect from Pittsburgh.

Not taking anything away from Pitt because they have played wonderful and deseve to be where they are at.

Didn't Denver coast through the 96 season and then get beat in the first round of the playoffs only to win the next two superbowls versus GB and Atl?

Also, remember the Steelers went 15-1 last year and lost to NE at home. No they are in the Superbowl.

Indy is a great team and barring key injuries will be a Superbowl favorite next year.

Didn't Denver coast through the 96 season and then get beat in the first round of the playoffs only to win the next two superbowls versus GB and Atl?

Also, remember the Steelers went 15-1 last year and lost to NE at home.  No they are in the Superbowl.

Indy is a great team and barring key injuries will be a Superbowl favorite next year.

1284208[/snapback]

Indy has a weakness that does not usually show up in the regular season because their position players(QB,WR,RB's)are so good that they can hide it. but come playoff time their O-line gets dominated against good defensive teams.

I also believe a better head coachwould help(not that Dungy is bad because I do not hink he is..but I do not think he is good either)

and you're a "huddle pro"! :D

1284120[/snapback]

Your point is? I just stated my opinion based on Dungy's post-season history. I'm not sure what your point is. Is this an insult? If so, its not a very good one since I don't give a sh** about how many posts I have or anyone else for that matter. Until Dungy wins at least an AFC Championship, I stand by my opinion of him. Don't you wonder why TB got rid of him and the next year they won the SB? You should.

Also, remember the Steelers went 15-1 last year and lost to NE at home.  Now they are in the Superbowl.

1284208[/snapback]

These are good points.....but until Dungy wins it, many will will think of him as a regular season warrior/post-season choke artist. Thats what they think of Peyton now. Just like they thought that of Shanahan and Elway, or at least I believe that was the perception back then until they won it all (can't say for sure since I didn't follow football as closely back then as I do now).

1284109[/snapback]

Why is it that the coaches always get blamed when their teams lose a big game. Dungy built the foundation, but sometimes the foundation has to support the house.

It wasn't Dungy on the field getting his ass handed to him last week. It was the players who couldn't do anything. Big Peyton and company cracked - they are to blame for that loss. Not Dungy.

Why is it that the coaches always get blamed when their teams lose a big game.  Dungy built the foundation, but sometimes the foundation has to support the house. 

It wasn't Dungy on the field getting his ass handed to him last week.  It was the players who couldn't do anything.  Big Peyton and company cracked - they are to blame for that loss.  Not Dungy.

1284591[/snapback]

The coach makes the team. He supports its, he motivates it, and he manages it. Dungy has to get the most out of his players. He never seems to be able to do that in big games. Yes, he was not on the field but it was his scheme and his game management. It's like leaving pedro out on the mound when he is obviously tired and letting him lose the game to the yankees. Little got fired because he did not manage the game right. You did not see people placing the blame on pedro did you? I think Dungy should have used James more in the game instead of letting Manning do whatever he wanted. The best way to counter a blitz is a good running game. How about a freaking draw play for once????

1284109[/snapback]

this is such an un-fair statement. I've stated before HERE that they truly have a chance to get the to SB..I'll be utterly shocked if they don't go next year(barring the off season of course). They have all the tools in place.

They cannot have home field wrapped up by week 13, it really hurt them. then they played a "meaningless" game vs SD, in which SD broadcasted the formula to beat them. Then they had rust. The PIT did exactly what SD did.

And Dungy lost his kid. Give them a break, give them a year, and then see what's up. I'm not an INDY fan at all, but I am a football fan, and football doesn't compare to what Dungy had to go through. Be fair.

The coach makes the team.  He supports its, he motivates it, and he manages it.  Dungy has to get the most out of his players.  He never seems to be able to do that in big games.  Yes, he was not on the field but it was his scheme and his game management.  It's like leaving pedro out on the mound when he is obviously tired and letting him lose the game to the yankees.  Little got fired because he did not manage the game right.  You did not see people placing the blame on pedro did you?  I think Dungy should have used James more in the game instead of letting Manning do whatever he wanted.  The best way to counter a blitz is a good running game.  How about a freaking draw play for once????

1284669[/snapback]

Fine, but then why doesn't Manning change the play? I mean... that's all he does when he gets under center. He sure gets the credit when he call's the play at the line and throws a TD. Manning should shoulder the blame; not Dungy.

Fine, but then why doesn't Manning change the play?  I mean... that's all he does when he gets under center.  He sure gets the credit when he call's the play at the line and throws a TD.  Manning should shoulder the blame; not Dungy.

1284815[/snapback]

I see your point, but I believe Manning thinks he can pass on any defense at any time. He is a little cocky when it comes to that. Dungy lets him do what he wants. While that works out in their advantage most of the time, sometimes it does not, e.g. San Diego and Pitt games.

1284109[/snapback]

I have to agree with this assesment. While I don't blame Dungy for the way the Colts played (Manning is no Big Game player either), or more importantly the way the Steelers played, maybe his faults lie somewhere in the fact when his team is down at a crucial part of the game, he doesn't have what it takes to lift them up for the big win. I dunno. He never did it in Tampa and he hasn't done it in Indy.

Arguably they had the best team in football this year. Great offense, solid defense and most importantly they had home field through-out, something they've been counting on during their road breakdowns the last few years. There has to be something else they need to get over the hump and for the Colts it maybe too late. Cower takes a less talented team on the road 3 times in a row and comes up big. Maybe the Colts need a better game day coach.

I like Dungy. He seems like a decent human being and a good defensive mind but all of that does not a winning HC make.

Guest THEbigred

No. I said it when they hired him. Regrettably, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Enjoy another 10-12 win season and early playoff exit in 06 Colts fans.

I dunno. He never did it in Tampa and he hasn't done it in Indy.

Arguably they had the best team in football this year. Great offense, solid defense and most importantly they had home field through-out, something they've been counting on during their road breakdowns the last few years.

I like Dungy. He seems like a decent human being and a good defensive mind but all of that does not a winning HC make.

1284863[/snapback]

I agree with all these points, I like Dungy but that doesn't change my opinion of him as a post-season coach. Last year when NE beat them (again...) everyone said the key to their post-season success for next year was winning the division early and getting home field throughout the playoffs. So, now they had that and probably had the best regular season team all year long...so whats the excuse for next year? They can't blame it on the defense since the D played so well basically all year long.