[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haslett finds work

Big F'n Dave

I know if it were me, I wouldn't take a DC job.

Think about it - You've been a HC for 6 years. You're still getting paid a couple mil by the Saints (not sure if that is voided by him accepting another job or if he can "double dip" until his contract with the Saints expires). You've just been through the whole ordeal with the hurricane and everything.

If it were me, I'd take a year off and drink like a fish and try to get chicks and stuff. ("Hey baby, how'd you like to come over to Coach's for some two-a-days...if you know what I mean...":D )

Then again, these coaching types are cut from a different mold than us normal folks.

Good move by Linehan considering how spectacularly the Saints D has performed in recent years.  :D

1285465[/snapback]

Out of all the coaches that left the Steelers and went onto other teams, Haslett was the one I was least impressed with. I was shocked that someone even scooped him up as a head coach.

Think about it - You've been a HC for 6 years.  You're still getting paid a couple mil by the Saints (not sure if that is voided by him accepting another job or if he can "double dip" until his contract with the Saints expires).  You've just been through the whole ordeal with the hurricane and everything.

If it were me, I'd take a year off and drink like a fish and try to get chicks and stuff.  ("Hey baby, how'd you like to come over to Coach's for some two-a-days...if you know what I mean...":D )

Then again, these coaching types are cut from a different mold than us normal folks.

1285576[/snapback]

Maybe he's already married and he needs a way to get out of the house on a regular basis :D

Think about it - You've been a HC for 6 years.  You're still getting paid a couple mil by the Saints (not sure if that is voided by him accepting another job or if he can "double dip" until his contract with the Saints expires).  You've just been through the whole ordeal with the hurricane and everything.

If it were me, I'd take a year off and drink like a fish and try to get chicks and stuff.  ("Hey baby, how'd you like to come over to Coach's for some two-a-days...if you know what I mean...":D )

1285576[/snapback]

No, taking the DC job doesn't void anything, nor will he get to double dip. The Saints are obligated to pay the difference between his new salary and the $3.2 mil base salary he was going to earn in 2006 before being fired. Bottom line is, he was going to get $3.2 mil either way, whether he sat for a year and did nothing or got another coaching job somewhere. Just that now instead of the Saints being on the hook for the total amount, the Rams will pay part of it.

He's taking Venturi with him. :D

From the TP - Haslett said he will have input on the hiring of the defensive staff and plans to bring veteran assistants Rick Venturi and Willie Robinson with him to St. Louis.

No, taking the DC job doesn't void anything, nor will he get to double dip.  The Saints are obligated to pay the difference between his new salary and the $3.2 mil base salary he was going to earn in 2006 before being fired.  Bottom line is, he was going to get $3.2 mil either way, whether he sat for a year and did nothing or got another coaching job somewhere.  Just that now instead of the Saints being on the hook for the total amount, the Rams will pay part of it.

1287315[/snapback]

Interesting. I wasn't aware that's how it worked. Thanks for the info. :D