[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals Draft Picks - Last __ Years

Bengal Mania

I need to do two things a little different here. First, I'm going all the way back to the dreaded "David Klingler" pick, beginning the the "doom" years according to many. Second, I'm listing 1st and 2nd rounders. Why? - because the Bengals actually have had some decent drafting in the 2nd round thru the years.....

1st - David Klinger QB- "this could be the start of a dynasty for the Bengals"

1st - Darryl Williams DB - decent career, HARD hitter

2nd - Carl Pickens WR - what could've been.....

1st - John Copeland DE - decent, hung around too long

2nd - Tony McGee WR - decent

1st - Dan Wilkonson DT - a bust in hindsight only. EVERYBODY wanted him.

2nd - Darnay Scott WR - pretty good career. Out for season in Akili's first year. What might've been........ah, nevermind

1st - Ki-Jana Carter RB. Ditto like Wilkonson. People blamed the Bengals for him as a shucksty pick, but he blew his freakin' knee out, man.

2nd - no pick - turned out to be among the Bengals top 5 picks of the era...

1st - Willie Anderson T - Ding! Ding! This first bona-fide stud on the list

2nd - Marco Bataglia TE - I think he lives w/ Mark Chmura

1st - Reinard Wilson DE to LB - changed name on jersey to "Overmatched" on home colors, and "Overpaid" on away whites.

2nd - Corey Dillon - fell to Bengals due to off field trouble and belief he'd be trouble in the locker room. Thank God that never happened.

1st - Takeo Spikes LB - great player. Has one less playoff game than anyone currently on the Bengals......

1st - Brian Simmons LB - very good player. Has one more playoff game than Spikes...

2nd - Artrell Hawkins - one of temporary guardians of the moniker "Toast" in Bengals lore.

1st - Akili Smith "QB" - "this REALLY could be the start of a run for the Bengals"

2nd - Charles Fischer DB - he may have changed his name to Tony and coverted to back up RB in Green Bay, but I lost touch

1st - Peter Warrick WR - took 4 years, but came alive in Marvin's 1st year, then injury, not sells cars in Tulsa, I think.

2nd - Mark Roman DB - still plays, apparently his lack of skills are still hidden

1st - Justin Smith DE - has really come into his own. One of the better players on DEF this year. If they get some beef in the middle, he's a big force next year.

2nd - Chad Johnson WR - put Dick LeBeau in a headlock for not drafting him in the 1st round. To this day, LeBau still carries a grudge.

1st - Levi Jones T - F--- what Mel Kiper thinks. This dude isn't in the ProBowl only because he plays in a smaller market. W/ marquis Palmer, that now changes.

2nd - Lamont Thompson S - Had high hopes, didn't cut it for Marvin.

Pause for a hymn...............the Marvin Era begins..............

1st - Carson Palmer QB - finally, the franchise QB. Hope his knee recovers....

2nd - Eric Steinbach G - a STEAL. Will be in the Pro Bowl w/ Levi, hope it's as a Bengal

1st - Chris Perry RB - could've had Stephen Jackson (and later let Rudi go), but Perry is definitely a force in this offense

2nd - Kewain Ratliff DB - may be a starter at CB next year.

2nd - Madieu Williams S - ok, not Polomalu or Reed, but this dude is really good. Missed almost the whole year w/ shoulder injury. If back completely next year, the run DEF improves right away.

1st - David Pollack - DE to LB - had the best game by a Bengal in playoff game, really came on late in year (after holdout, the girl dog!).

2nd - Odel "The Thumanator" Thurman LB - STEAL. If he improves year to year, he'll be one of the best, IMO.

There you have it, for those of you Bengals fans still reading, I'd say we've got a lot of good, young players, and hopefully we'll keep improving.

At least the dark days are gone.

1st - Peter Warrick WR - took 4 years, but came alive in Marvin's 1st year, then injury, not sells cars in Tulsa, I think.

1287961[/snapback]

If by 'sells cars in Tulsa' you mean 'plays for the NFC Champion Seahawks', then you are correct. I like the list though, looks like a solid job by Marvin.

If by 'sells cars in Tulsa' you mean 'plays for the NFC Champion Seahawks', then you are correct.  I like the list though, looks like a solid job by Marvin.

1288013[/snapback]

just bein' stupid.

It's pretty amazing, though, that a top 5 NFL pick can't crack the receiving core on a team that LOST it's #1 and #2 receivers.

Warrick, his one good year notwithstanding, has been a bust in the NFL, IMO

just bein' stupid.

It's pretty amazing, though, that a top 5 NFL pick can't crack the receiving core on a team that LOST it's #1 and #2 receivers.

1288039[/snapback]

No doubt he is a bust. He had it written all over him coming out of college. He was a Desmond Howard clone. I thought the draft guys were all insane projecting him high in the draft. Then the Bengals took him.

just bein' stupid.

1288039[/snapback]

I agree...I thought he would make some noise in Seattle after DJax and Engram were hurt, but he barely had touches as a returner. I think Hackett even started ahead of him some weeks.....YIKES.

2nd - Odel "The Thumanator" Thurman LB - STEAL.  If he improves year to year, he'll be one of the best, IMO.

Uh, isn't that true about any draft pick? If they improve year to year they eventually get better than everyone else, don't they? :D

EDIT: I think Odel is a great player, so I'm just messin'. However, I'll take Tatupu anyday.

Edited by DO Jaded