[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This F'n Sux

Perchoutofwater

This morning around 7:30 CST the antenna used to broadcast the local ABC affiliate collapsed. So, unless they can get it back up or make other arrangements between now and then I don't get to watch the Superbowl. I F'n hate ABC. Now that Monday Night football is gone, and if they don't get the tower fixed between now and Sunday night, there will be no reason for me to ever have to watch ABC again. And thanks to the F'n FCC I can no longer get the national ABC broadcast on Direct TV. This f'n sux.

This morning around 7:30 CST the antenna used to broadcast the local ABC affiliate collapsed.  So, unless they can get it back up or make other arrangements between now and then I don't get to watch the Superbowl.  I F'n hate ABC.  Now that Monday Night football is gone, and if they don't get the tower fixed between now and Sunday night, there will be no reason for me to ever have to watch ABC again.  And thanks to the F'n FCC I can no longer get the national ABC broadcast on Direct TV.  This f'n sux.

1303670[/snapback]

What's the reason that you can't get the national broadcast for DirectTv?

Edited by twiley

This morning around 7:30 CST the antenna used to broadcast the local ABC affiliate collapsed.  So, unless they can get it back up or make other arrangements between now and then I don't get to watch the Superbowl.  I F'n hate ABC.  Now that Monday Night football is gone, and if they don't get the tower fixed between now and Sunday night, there will be no reason for me to ever have to watch ABC again.  And thanks to the F'n FCC I can no longer get the national ABC broadcast on Direct TV.  This f'n sux.

1303670[/snapback]

Do you have a highspeed connection? If you do, I think we could prolly work something out. There has to be a way I can send the signal from my tv through my server and you can watch it via the internet. I just don't know how to.

Any suggestions?

1303670[/snapback]

Are you talking specifically HD via DirecTV vs. OTA antenna? Thats the only thing I can think of.

No reason you can't call DirecTV to turn on your "standard def" locals for $5 a month.

If there is a reason, please tell.

I get ABC via DirectTV.  :D

1303699[/snapback]

Liar, I got this from one of W's wiretaps:

H8Tank wanted to watch TV, but couldn't get a picture. After fiddling with the bunny ears antenna for a bit, he gave up and taped a piece of toilet paper to the screen.

As he settled down on the couch, beer in hand, his buddy Spain said, "Whatcha do that fer?"

H8Tank replied, "Aw shucks, there's nothin' on... so I'm watchin' Paper View!"

unless you live in the lower soutern states: FL, TEX, MISS, LA, AL you should be able to get ABC by paying $12 for all the "local" and nation broadcasted stations.

1303696[/snapback]

I live in Texas.

Liar, I got this from one of W's wiretaps:

H8Tank wanted to watch TV, but couldn't get a picture. After fiddling with the bunny ears antenna for a bit, he gave up and taped a piece of toilet paper to the screen.

As he settled down on the couch, beer in hand, his buddy Spain said, "Whatcha do that fer?"

H8Tank replied, "Aw shucks, there's nothin' on... so I'm watchin' Paper View!"

1303715[/snapback]

:D

Are you talking specifically HD via DirecTV vs. OTA antenna? Thats the only thing I can think of.

No reason you can't call DirecTV to turn on your "standard def" locals for $5 a month.

If there is a reason, please tell.

1303711[/snapback]

I have the standard locals OTA. I have Direct TV for everything else. They can not turn on the HD Network feeds without first filling a waiver for or the FCC will bust their ass. They should have done this when I first got direct tv 18 months ago, but they forgot to do it so I'm SOL.

Call them anyways and see if they can work something out.

Doesn't anyone know how I can send a broadcast via the internet to him?  Ursa?

1303722[/snapback]

How about M$ Media Server? I don't know much about it, but it's an Option to set up Server 2003 this way. Not sure if it contains the stuff to stream MM or if it just optimizes the OS though.

Call them anyways and see if they can work something out.

Doesn't anyone know how I can send a broadcast via the internet to him?  Ursa?

1303722[/snapback]

I've already called them, they are now sending the paper work in, that they should have sent in when I first got Direct TV, but they forgot. It normally take 45 days for the paper work to come back, and they will not do it untill the paper work comes back because they are afraid and probably rightful so of the FCC. It still pisses me off, because they should have filed it when I first signed on.

How about M$ Media Server? I don't know much about it, but it's an Option to set up Server 2003 this way. Not sure if it contains the stuff to stream MM or if it just optimizes the OS though.

1303735[/snapback]

I have a copy of server 2003 right here on my desk. When I get home tonight I'll start loading it up on an old PC I have and see what we can do. It's a start.