[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welcome to Wal-Mart

CaP'N GRuNGe

If you weren't such a dumbass you would realize that thread was started almost three months prior to this one, and rather than someone wasting their breath debating with you, they bumped it.

1318074[/snapback]

Nice, not only do ya'll run from the argument but now your're resorting to insults. In the debating game, that means we win. :D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

key paragraph from the article:

Wal-Mart has also lulled shoppers into ignoring the difference between the price of something and the cost. Its unending focus on price underscores something that Americans are only starting to realize about globalization: Ever-cheaper prices have consequences. Says Steve Dobbins, president of thread maker Carolina Mills: "We want clean air, clear water, good living conditions, the best health care in the world--yet we aren't willing to pay for anything manufactured under those restrictions."

in a nutshell, wal-mart is bring globalization front and center, and it is not american jobs that will benefit. you can't fight it, because globalization of our markets is inevitable ...

He puts together a whole better argument than you do.

Yes, he can cut-paste and repeat michael moore drivel much better than I. Unfortunatly, I live in the real world and cannot live in the world where private business is the devil, we are all going to die of global warming by freezing to death, and all republicans marry their homeschool kids and own slaves.

I thought I would male the obligatory cll out of Big F'n Dave and axe how the benefits of his carp house compare to the local Wal-Mart. If nothing else it will prevent him from posting in this thread again.

Why do you bash Bill Clinton?

1319778[/snapback]

Bill Clinton being from Arkansas is like Reagan being from Hollywood (for right wing lulus). Neither are representative of the men.

God works in mysterious ways. :D

BTW Wallmart is from Arkansas too.

Bill Clinton being from Arkansas is like Reagan being from Hollywood (for right wing lulus). Neither are representative of the men.

God works in mysterious ways.  :D

BTW Wallmart is from Arkansas too.

1319785[/snapback]

Actually, being as I was raised 24 miles from Clinton's hometown and actually know Joycelyn Elders, I find Clinton to be the personification of the place. All they did was pile all of the crap in a bag, spray it off, and turn the hair white.

Wow, cretiff is even more of a moran than I thought.

Hey crit, why isn't the minimum wage $15/hour?

1318442[/snapback]

Typical. Why isn't it something a person can live on like $6 or $7 at the very least?

Actually, being as I was raised 24 miles from Clinton's hometown and actually know Joycelyn Elders, I find Clinton to be the personification of the place. All they did was pile all of the crap in a bag, spray it off, and turn the hair white.

1319786[/snapback]

And I lived even closer to the Governor's mansion in California, a beautiful victorian mansion Reagan refused to live in because it wasn't grand enough.

Doesn't settle anything.

Yes, he can cut-paste and repeat michael moore drivel much better than I.  Unfortunatly, I live in the real world and cannot live in the world where private business is the devil, we are all going to die of global warming by freezing to death, and all republicans marry their homeschool kids and own slaves.

1318536[/snapback]

That is absolutely ludicrious. Absurd. Preposterous.

Global warming will flood the coasts first. The freezing to death comes after the asteroid knocks us our of our orbit. :D

in a nutshell, wal-mart is bring globalization front and center, and it is not american jobs that will benefit.  you can't fight it, because globalization of our markets is inevitable ...

1318126[/snapback]

The thing is, if globalization is done ethically ( :D ), it all comes back - by paying a living wage in the 3rd world, their standard of living rises, their market develops, and as things improve, jobs will move back to the US due to the equalization in production costs - with a higher wage in developing countries, the shipping costs will begin to be the determining factor in where to locate factories. Look to the South, for one example - manufacturers who moved to Mexico for low wages are now departing for Asia. Once they run out of poor nations to manufacture in, things begin coming back.

However, that's an extremely long view; short term, yeah, the US is sorta screwed job-wise.

(unless wiegie calls me an idiot and points out 100 errors I made in this assumption)

QUOTE(H8tank @ 2/10/06 3:08pm)

Yes, he can cut-paste and repeat michael moore drivel much better than I. Unfortunatly, I live in the real world and cannot live in the world where private business is the devil, we are all going to die of global warming by freezing to death, and all republicans marry their homeschool kids and own slaves.

I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU DO THAT.