[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor a Viking!

Raider.Nation

Yes, Taylor is a back of the Westbrook mold.

Taylor is a pretty nice pickup. He played tough here in Baltimore, is a very good receiver and can block. I think he's more of a RBBC type of player, but could be very productive for the Vikes.

1366165[/snapback]

I agree. no question he has talent, but can't see him putting up big #'s.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.  no question he has talent, but can't see him putting up big #'s.

1366203[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm not saying he's the next Priest, but in the right scheme he could do a nice job for MIN.

Peter King things it's going to be a good thing:

8. I think next October we'll all be writing, "Wow. I never thought the biggest impact player in free agency would be Chester Taylor with the Vikings." Prediction: Chester Taylor outgains Edgerrin James in 2006.

Peter King things it's going to be a good thing:

8. I think next October we'll all be writing, "Wow. I never thought the biggest impact player in free agency would be Chester Taylor with the Vikings." Prediction: Chester Taylor outgains Edgerrin James in 2006.

1366676[/snapback]

:D

I like the Hutch signing, which will probably hold. McKinnie, Birk, and Hutch will be a nice foundation for a very good OL. THe Chester Taylor sigining has me kinda like :D. I mean, what do the Vikes need another backup RB for, we have 3 of them. If the Vikes wanted an RB, they should have gone after a proven commodity like Edge, otherwise draft an RB, otherwise make do with the RB's you have.

I like the Hutch signing, which will probably hold. McKinnie, Birk, and Hutch will be a nice foundation for a very good OL. THe Chester Taylor sigining has me kinda like :D. I mean, what do the Vikes need another backup RB for, we have 3 of them. If the Vikes wanted an RB, they should have gone after a proven commodity like Edge, otherwise draft an RB, otherwise make do with the RB's you have.

1366701[/snapback]

Chester Taylor is more than a back-up running back...I think he will fit in very nicely in this offense with his pass catching skills...he will not be asked to run up the middle 25 times a game like Edge ...

1366701[/snapback]

I'd have to think they'll be drafting a back at some point regardless...

THe Chester Taylor sigining has me kinda like :D. I mean, what do the Vikes need another backup RB for, we have 3 of them. If the Vikes wanted an RB, they should have gone after a proven commodity like Edge, otherwise draft an RB, otherwise make do with the RB's you have.

1366701[/snapback]

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I hold out hope that Childress and crew have seen something in him that they think is lacking in the other RB's going into this new offensive scheme (for sure durability at the very least).

I was really hoping to get Edge in Minnesota, but with the OL that the Vikes are building, it looks like just about any RB would have an opportunity to succeed. I still think that Onterrio is the best back we have, but maybe they just didn't think that they could trust him to stay clean.

I haven't watched Chester a whole lot over the years, but seeing him play last year behind the same line Lewis played behind, Chester was clearly the better back. It just seemed like they were forcing Lewis into the lineup. I couldn't figure out why they didn't try starting Chester and give him the load the whole game. He goes about 215 which is actully bigger than many starting backs. I don't remember him being injury proned either, but I could be wrong.

I actually think given the chance, he could do very well. I'd put as a top 15 back right now and maybe even top 12. With all of the RB's they have, maybe they don't need to draft another RB.

Now having said that, if they don't get a decent QB, then it's over before they start and Chester will look like a bust.

Edited by NAUgrad

Now having said that, if they don't get a decent QB, then it's over before they start and Chester will look like a bust.

1366948[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Improved O-line, improved running game, and Brad Johnson as the starting QB. :D

That'd really p*ss me off, and be a complete waste of the money they spent on Hutch and Taylor.