[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft #2

Outshined

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hali? After signing Trevor Pryce? Maybe if Hali were a great value (like Suggs was a few years ago), but at 13th, he's a reach.

I have to believe Newsome would either take Cutler or trade with somebody who wanted Cutler badly. If they stayed there, I seriously doubt they would go with another DE.

1377280[/snapback]

yeah...Hali was supposed to go to Fitzkek(sp?)...not Gdawg!...

Hali? After signing Trevor Pryce? Maybe if Hali were a great value (like Suggs was a few years ago), but at 13th, he's a reach.

I have to believe Newsome would either take Cutler or trade with somebody who wanted Cutler badly. If they stayed there, I seriously doubt they would go with another DE.

1377280[/snapback]

Trevor Pryce? I think that was a terrible signing; frankly it baffles me. Even IF he returns to form, we are still hurting on the DL.

Why? You guys have Kearse, Howard, and Trent Cole. What's the problem there?

1377281[/snapback]

well, you can never have too many DE's in JJ's system and they talked about how good Howard is against the run and the possibility of putting him at DT...

in reality, the Eagles wouldn't take him here...but it would be a more realistic pick than LenDale White or somebody...

if the draft went as it has here and Justice was gone...they'd either trade down or have already traded up to try and get Ngata....but I think that's a serious reach...

my personal pick is going to be Winston Justice because we need youth at the tackle position...

yeah...Hali was supposed to go to Fitzkek(sp?)...not Gdawg!...

1377284[/snapback]

Was I replaced as the drafter for the Ravens? If so, I apologize again. I have been really out of it...

I think Justice could easily fall out of the first round. Faced subpar competition and has character issues. He's athletic, but that's about it.

I'll bet anyone anything that Eric Winston is selected before Justice.

1377293[/snapback]

hmm...it's possible...I have no clue who they'd take then, honestly the biggest glaring need is OT....

Andrews is a fine lineman, but I don't feel comfortable with him playing the Tackle position blocking McNabb's blind side or the side where Strahan is....as umm...wow I forget his name...he's a FOX analyst that was a former Eagle...he's one of my favorite one's as he puts things into perspective and has good insight...

but he said Andrews has a "baby huey" thing going on and he hasn't kept his weight down...which I agree on completely...

our 1st pick will either be on the OL or DL....as usual...

i could see the eagles taking chad jackson.  he's that good, and they need a true wr 1.

1377299[/snapback]

they won't take a WR early...this year's class is weak....

Brandon Marshall is the only player that comes to mind at the value he would be had for in the 3rd/4th since we have 3 4th rounders...plus he "fit's the system" and type of WR we are looking for

1377280[/snapback]

That would be Minnesota maybe??? (see comment below). Childress spent some time speaking with Cutler at the combine. I am wondering if they can trade up to the 6-10 range and still get Cutler or Young?

We don't hear anything out of Winter Park anymore on player issues. They are so hush hush about everything. I have a feeling its going to be like the Patriots and Bill Belichek around here.

The Falcons could go several ways with this pick. We could use help at RB, DE, OL, or S. Hopefully we can obtain Abraham this week to fill the DE position. Although Warrick Dunn is not getting any younger I get the feeling RB is not where they are going to go in the first round. Because of the zone blocking the team employs the prototypical offensive lineman is not required. I think they will be able to get a player that fits their scheme later in the draft. Therefore, I'm going with Donte Whitner as the Falcons pick. This pick would really strengthen our secondary along with the acquisition last week of Lawyer Milloy and our young pro bowl corner Deangelo Hall.

Donte Whitner?...

1377603[/snapback]

He's either the #1 or #2 rated safety on at least 3 websites I can mention right off the top of my head. Pro Football Weekly, NFL Draft Countdown, and NFL Draft Scout. The 2 that have him at #2 are counting Michael Huff as a Safety. Most mocks have him going to San Diego at 19. Does that answer you're question?

He's either the #1 or #2 rated safety on at least 3 websites I can mention right off the top of my head. Pro Football Weekly, NFL Draft Countdown, and NFL Draft Scout. The 2 that have him at #2 are counting Michael Huff as a Safety. Most mocks have him going to San Diego at 19. Does that answer you're question?

1377632[/snapback]

ahaha...I'm no draft guru...I just haven't heard much from him and ESPN doesn't have him even in the top 32....

but then again ESPN doesn't know chit...I still find it shocking for him to be taken 15th? or is it 16th?...and not be a top 32 player on ESPN...

nice...it's not like i mixed the 2 up or anything..

but you're funny...

1377598[/snapback]

Hey, you try taking some Oxycotin, or as I term it, Hillbilly Heroin, and not getting confused :D

Sweet sweet root canal next week, it will kinda be like watching the Raven's offense :D

Could Cutler or Young fall on draft day?

1377711[/snapback]

Cutler has done nothing to deserve a drop, but Young could very well drop almost as bad as Aaron Rodgers did last year...

but I think he'll fall to either the Raiders...especially if they trade down or the Vikings unless to try to get Cutler...

Hey, you try taking some Oxycotin, or as I term it, Hillbilly Heroin, and not getting confused  :D

Sweet sweet root canal next week, it will kinda be like watching the Raven's offense  :D

1377713[/snapback]

I'm confused as it is...I prefer drinking with a couple perc's and trying to read an eye chart...

I'm confused as it is...I prefer drinking with a couple perc's and trying to read an eye chart...

1377717[/snapback]

Hmmm, that sounds like a little something I call Friday nights...with fewer eyecharts and more strippers :D

strippers are good for the heart...at least lapdances...

1377724[/snapback]

Strippers are what separate man from the animals...well, that and opposable thumbs...

Edited by Gdawg