[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft #2

Outshined

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52. Manny Lawson DE NC State

This is working out very well. At both picks I got both the #1 guy on my board and someone thst can fill a major need. While Hill might be able to start opposite Samuel, he can certainly fill in nicely when there are 5 and 6 DBs on the field. And now Lawson is exactly what the doctor ordered to step into McGinest's shoes. He's just the size they need for their 'tweener' type of OLB for the 3-4 He'll take a little work, but the Pats would use him as a situational player to start and my the end fo the season have worked him into more of a role than just particular down and distance plays. This is very similar o the devlopment of willie, and hopefully without the injuries.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

He was still on the board!? I didn't even catch that since I thought he'd be gone by the first round. I definitely would have mentioned that he was still around before Youboty.  :doah:

1395203[/snapback]

I was going to take him for the Jets to replace Abraham...but they need to replace and upgrade the OL...

Are we just doing 2 rounds, or powering on to 3? 

I need to know if Oakland has to keep an eye on my super sleeper, Heywood Jablowme...  :D

1395670[/snapback]

:D I think we will keep going into the third, but some people might lose interest though. I am game....

How does everybody feel about doing a 2 round speed mock starting on April 22nd?

That is 7 days before the draft.

:D I think we will keep going into the third, but some people might lose interest though. I am game....

How does everybody feel about doing a 2 round speed mock starting on April 22nd?

1395706[/snapback]

I'd be in for that...

1395706[/snapback]

That's fine by me.

1395706[/snapback]

I'm in.

Although getting two rounds done in seven days is probably a big reach IMHO. Maybe we could start 10-12 days before the actual draft.

I'm in. 

Although getting two rounds done in seven days is probably a big reach IMHO.  Maybe we could start 10-12 days before the actual draft.

1396091[/snapback]

We would have to do a time limit of 4 hrs from 8am - 9pm or some thing like that. We need 9 picks per day to get it done....

Round three draft order:

1. Houston

2. Houston *from New Orleans

3. Green Bay

4. San Francisco

5. Oakland

6. Buffalo *from Tennessee

7. N.Y. Jets

8. Arizona

9. Buffalo *from Dallas

10. Detroit -

11. New England *from Baltimore

12. Philadelphia

13. St. Louis *from Kansas City

14. Cleveland

15. Atlanta

16. Dallas

17. San Diego

18. Miami

19. VIKINGS

20. Washington

21. Kansas City

22. New England

23. N.Y. Giants

24. Chicago -

25. Carolina

26. Tampa Bay

27. Cincinnati

28. Jacksonville *from San Diego

29. Denver

30. Indianapolis

31. Seattle

32. Pittsburgh *from New England

33. N.Y. Jets *Compensatory selection

Edited by Outshined

I'll be happy to finish this draft through three rounds.

If you start a new speed draft,I'll defer to another Bengals homer,as I usually work at least ten hours,sometimes more.Besides,after this draft is over,it's only fair that someone else gets to play.

I'll be happy to finish this draft through three rounds.

If you start a new speed draft,I'll defer to another Bengals homer,as I usually work at least ten hours,sometimes more.Besides,after this draft is over,it's only fair that someone else gets to play.

1396228[/snapback]

if we switch people up...I got dibs on the Eagles... :D

You'd be a good choice. I am still in and would be proud to pick for the Pack if Fatman can't.

1396297[/snapback]

exactly...I'd like to see how different the draft would pan out with a new group....

although I dunno if my choice would differ much from fitzkek's with the players available at the spot in this one...

Okay, this draft has been so out of whack, I'm not sure where Denver will be focusing. I took a look at players still available at OT, OG, WR, DE, DT, and Safety.

I would seriously doubt that Denver would draft another offensive player after drafting 2 in the first round, especially since they love to grab later round O-linemen and turn them into solid "system" players. I did like Colledge for the OT spot, but again thought this was too high for a potential back-up. (right tackle is an issue however)

I like 2 players for Denver at this spot, and both are on the defensive side of the ball. I liked McCargo to help out with the DT rotation and Pat Watkins to be an eventual starter.

At this point, I think Denver goes with the Safety position.