[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft #2

Outshined

Okay -- I can live with that. :D Don't get me wrong; it wasn't a "bad" pick in the first place, but I guess I'm just becoming a bit confused about Sims's sudden meteoric rise up the charts. I mean, I expected him to run in the 4.4-4.5 range, which he did, but all of a sudden, people everywhere are talking about him as a top-15 player.

I guess that just happens with some underclassmen. :D I'd still take Greenway, Howard, or Carpenter over Sims, personally.

1381596[/snapback]

I actually don't care how he runs.

I believe in drafting players,not combine warriors.

Greenway before him?Agreed.But he was already gone.Carpenter?I have to respectfully disagree.

It was honestly down to Tye Hill and Leonard Pope,but the choice was taken away from me.Between the two,I'd have gone Hill.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't care how he runs.

I believe in drafting players,not combine warriors.

1381631[/snapback]

:D Wow. Very original.

I wasn't referring to YOU, dude; I was just commenting on how, coincidentally (?), people started talking about Sims as a top-15 player right after he ran his 40-yard dash. And why are YOU touting Sims as a top-15 player? I have no idea, but I assume it's because of what you've heard recently.

I'm not even disagreeing with the pick, bro. In fact, in my projections, I have Sims going really high as well, simply because of all the recent chatter. I was just surprised to see a Bengals fan decide that Sims was the best choice for Cincy.

If you're curious, I'd have chosen Youboty. :D

I was targeted TE Leonard Pope or OLB Demarco Ryans to fill the Panthers biggest needs and Pope was gone. However, with DeAngelo Williams falling this far and with Foster's history, this is a very good value pick. There will still be good TE talent in the 2nd round.

Edited by trrhyne

:D Maroney and Williams both taken in the three picks ahead of me! :D

I thought I had one of them for sure. DARNIT!

Colts would trade up to get one of them, most definitely. Since they are gone, I went linebacker again.

Edited by CaptainHook

:D Wow. Very original.

I wasn't referring to YOU, dude; I was just commenting on how, coincidentally (?), people started talking about Sims as a top-15 player right after he ran his 40-yard dash. And why are YOU touting Sims as a top-15 player? I have no idea, but I assume it's because of what you've heard recently.

1381656[/snapback]

I know you weren't referring to me,I was just explaining myself when it comes to what I think a team should draft.I believe too many teams are wowed when they see some guy bench 225 40 times,or run a quicker than expected 40 when the same player hasn't produced on the field.

As far as why I project Sims as a top 15 player,I suspect it's for the same reason many others do-mock drafts and from what I have read.

But you're right,the Bengals do need some more depth at DB.

Might as well toss this one out w/ the Jets-Falcons-Broncos trade!

I don't think Indy has to worry about Den nabbing a RB ahead of them now.

1382058[/snapback]

Nah,let's just let the later rounds reflect the picks that are traded.

If we restart everytime there's a trade,we'll have to wait until the actual draft is over to have our mock. :D

Hook, just grab Calhoun in the 2nd, you'll be happy with him.  :D

1382518[/snapback]

So instead of having a back like Edgerrin James, we'd have two third down backs in Rhodes and Calhoun? I don't think that helps.

I don't see the point in continuing a draft that is wrong.  I say we start over again.

1382441[/snapback]

I am game for a new one, but I don't want to run it. I need a break from it..somebody else can it. If nobody steps up. I guess we will keep this one going.

Edit: I will run another one a couple weeks before the draft if we don't start over.

Edited by Outshined

Well, with Ryans, now they have 2 (or 3) WLBs and no SLBs. :D

1383079[/snapback]

At 6'2", he could still be a strong side backer. Some of the scouting reports I've seen think he could play all three linebacker positions. Especially in the Colts scheme. Remember, David Thornton started his career at the weak side as well, and was viewed as undersized. That's how Dungy likes 'em.

Honestly, they should take the Thomas Howard from UTEP, but I did that in the first mock draft, and was looking to mix it up a little. :D

edit: Oh, and they have at least 2 weakside backers on the roster right now. Cato June and Gilbert Gardner. I'm wondering if they aren't considering trying Gardner out on the strong side this year.

Edited by CaptainHook

At 6'2", he could still be a strong side backer.  Some of the scouting reports I've seen think he could play all three linebacker positions.  Especially in the Colts scheme.  Remember, David Thornton started his career at the weak side as well, and was viewed as undersized.  That's how Dungy likes 'em.

Honestly, they should take the Thomas Howard from UTEP, but I did that in the first mock draft, and was looking to mix it up a little. :D

edit: Oh, and they have at least 2 weakside backers on the roster right now.  Cato June and Gilbert Gardner.  I'm wondering if they aren't considering trying Gardner out on the strong side this year.

1383094[/snapback]

I know -- we agree on all counts. Well, except for the opinion of Ryans in general. I've heard he's pretty bad in coverage and then saw it at the Senior Bowl a little bit. FWIW, Bobby Carpenter would be a GREAT SLB. Much better than Ryans, IMO.

IF Williams/Maroney are gone (and they don't take Addai :D ), what are the chances the Colts look to replace Tripplett?

I know -- we agree on all counts. Well, except for the opinion of Ryans in general. I've heard he's pretty bad in coverage and then saw it at the Senior Bowl a little bit. FWIW, Bobby Carpenter would be a GREAT SLB. Much better than Ryans, IMO.

IF Williams/Maroney are gone (and they don't take Addai :D ), what are the chances the Colts look to replace Tripplett?

1383130[/snapback]

Slim. I think the Colts are happy at DT. With Simon and Reagor, they have their starting DT's from last season. On passing downs, Robert Mathis comes in at LE, and Raheem Brock slides from LE to tackle. Their fourth tackle would now be Vincent "Sweat Pea" Burns that they drafted from Kentucky last year. He hurt his knee in the pre-season and ended up on IR. They also have an UFA they picked up last year named Darrell Reid that got some playing time last season.

I'm going to take a closer look at Carpenter. Thanks for the input.

Edited by CaptainHook