[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft #2

Outshined

2 rounds complete :D Houston is up for two picks.

1403237[/snapback]

Sorry, Ive got free acengy bids going in 4 leagues :D , didnt notice I was up. I will have 2 picks in shortly.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...Mel Kiper's latest mock has Donte Whitner going #16 to the Dolphins. Just 2 weeks ago when I took him in this draft at #15(Falcons) I took some heat because he wasn't even listed on ESPN's Top 32. Mel thinks he can play corner at the NFL level which is what I felt when I selected him. Of course, things have changed since then and the Falcons no longer have a first round pick but at least now some more people are realizing that this guy is a bonafide first round pick. :D Gloating over...flame away.

Cromartie isn't the only versatile defensive back in the first round. Michael Huff of Texas will initially be a cornerback in the NFL, but played safety in college; Ohio State's Donte Whitner played safety at Ohio State, but could be corner at the next level or a great cover safety; and Jason Allen was both a safety and corner at Tennessee. The true cover cornerbacks in the first round are Johnathan Joseph, Tye Hill, Ashton Youboty, Kelly Jennings and Richard Marshall.

The other noticeable change is how far the running backs (Laurence Maroney, LenDale White and DeAngelo Williams) have fallen, but it has nothing to do with their productivity. Arizona (10th pick) and Minnesota (17th pick) were looking at running backs in the first round before addressing those needs through free agency (the Cardinals signed Edgerrin James and the Vikings grabbed Chester Taylor).

One player from the Big Ten who has fallen is Penn State defensive end Tamba Hali. He didn't have great individual workouts; still, you cannot question his body of work on the field. Hali could still go late in the first round, but if he doesn't, a team will be getting a steal in the second round.

My Big Board will be updated the second week of April, while the next first-round projections will come out on April 17. The final projection will be April 28, the day before the draft.

First-Round Projections

1. Houston Reggie Bush, RB* USC

2. New Orleans Mario Williams, DE* NC State

3. Tennessee Matt Leinart, QB USC

4. N.Y. Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T Virginia

5. Green Bay A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio St.

6. San Francisco Vernon Davis, TE* Maryland

7. Oakland Vince Young, QB* Texas

8. Buffalo Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida St.

9. Detroit Michael Huff, DB Texas

10. Arizona Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

11. St. Louis Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

12. Cleveland Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB Florida St.

13. Baltimore Haloti Ngata, DT* Oregon

14. Philadelphia Winston Justice, T* USC

15. Denver (from ATL) Chad Jackson, WR* Florida

16. Miami Donte Whitner, S* Ohio St.

17. Minnesota Ernie Sims, LB* Florida St.

18. Dallas Jason Allen, S/CB Tennessee

19. San Diego Johnathan Joseph, CB* South Carolina

20. Kansas City Tye Hill, CB Clemson

21. New England Santonio Holmes, WR* Ohio St.

22. Denver (from WSH) DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

23. Tampa Bay Antonio Cromartie, CB* Florida St.

24. Cincinnati Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

25. N.Y. Giants Kelly Jennings, CB Miami

26. Chicago Richard Marshall CB* Fresno St.

27. Carolina LenDale White, RB* USC

28. Jacksonville Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA

29. N.Y. Jets (from DEN) Nick Mangold, C Ohio St.

30. Indianapolis Laurence Maroney, RB* Minnesota

31. Seattle Ashton Youboty, CB* Ohio St.

32. Pittsburgh Sinorice Moss, WR Miami

* denotes underclassman

Hmmm...Mel Kiper's latest mock has Donte Whitner going #16 to the Dolphins. Just 2 weeks ago when I took him in this draft at #15(Falcons) I took some heat because he wasn't even listed on ESPN's Top 32. Mel thinks he can play corner at the NFL level which is what I felt when I selected him. Of course, things have changed since then and the Falcons no longer have a first round pick but at least now some more people are realizing that this guy is a bonafide first round pick.  :D Gloating over...flame away.

[

1403797[/snapback]

to all the doubters :D

I am going to make a pick for the 49ers'. It almost been 24 hrs.

1405627[/snapback]

Hagan would be an absolute STEAL at this spot in the draft.

I thought about Wroten, but already got Ngata. I also thought about Tapp, but we already have an undersized pass rushing DE.

I was trying to think like Al Davis and find some 'freak' who has world class speed and no football skills, but couldn't really find one to take.

74. Detroit  - on the clock

75. New England (from Baltimore) - on deck

76. Philadelphia - in the hole

77. St. Louis (from Kansas City)

78. Cleveland

79. Atlanta

80. Dallas

81. San Diego

82. Miami

83. Minnesota

1411690[/snapback]

Perhaps someone should PM players when they are up. Just to inform people, not to pressure them. I did that some in the 2nd round.

Sorry I had an out-of-the-office emergency without 'net access.  I had a reminder set on my office computer's Outlook, but I obviously missed it.

:doah:

1411030[/snapback]

:D

:D

With 20 days to the draft, are we going to do another one?

1414167[/snapback]

We've gotta finish this one first, and the way things are going that may never happen!! :D

It looks like alot of Huddlers have lost interest. Maybe we should stop. :D

1415004[/snapback]

Yeah this has been SOOO slow for the past few days. I know a speed mock was mentioned before...Maybe we would be better off doing that. 4 hour time limit like said before.