[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kitna a Lion?

BigTen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is it, you put on your football helmet and I will put on my bag and lets head out to the football field to settle this..punk. :D

1368781[/snapback]

:D No offense to the city of Detroit, but I do think Harrington can start somewhere, given the parlous state of some teams QB situations. It just isn't Detroit. He would benefit from a change of scenery.

I just can't see Martz and Kitna getting along for long. Kitna makes it no secret that God is first in his life. Mike Martz will have none of that.

Kitna is gonna remind you guys a lot of Scott Mitchell.

1368828[/snapback]

And why would you say this. I have NEVER seen Kitna scared of the pass rush. he got hammered in his days in Seattle and still was never scared. I see no comparison whatsoever.

All this being said, as others have said our line will be what dictates how good our QB does more than the QB itself. if the line does not do a better job than it won't matter. I believe the line will do better though. offensive scheming is as important as the individial players themselves and there is not many that is better at the schemes than Martz.

No offense to the city of Detroit, but I do think Harrington can start somewhere, given the parlous state of some teams QB situations. It just isn't Detroit. He would benefit from a change of scenery.

I agree, you can only take so much booing from a home crowd before you say "screw it"! It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Lions this next season. There are a good number of QB's in the draft coming up. But if the fans would give Harrington a chance as the new coaches appear to be doing, he might just make it. Otherwise he'll start--and shine--on another team. Then the Lions would just look stupid for sending him away.

:D  No offense to the city of Detroit, but I do think Harrington can start somewhere, given the parlous state of some teams QB situations.  It just isn't Detroit.  He would benefit from a change of scenery.

1368841[/snapback]

I agree with this. then again , every player on our team can say this. :D

I agree, you can only take so much booing from a home crowd before you say "screw it"! It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Lions this next season. There are a good number of QB's in the draft coming up. But if the fans would give Harrington a chance as the new coaches appear to be doing, he might just make it. Otherwise he'll start--and shine--on another team. Then the Lions would just look stupid for sending him away.

1368849[/snapback]

What other Lion QB ever left us and then did good somewhere else? Kramer for 1 season? when we get a QB we make sure not only will we not be able to use them, but noone else will either.

...but we all know it starts in the trenches. The O-line MUST perform next year! If not, we'll see very similar result from last year. :D

1368851[/snapback]

:D Can you become our next GM??

"Martz was the offensive coordinator in Washington when Trent Green became a legitimate starter. He was the offensive coordinator, then the head coach in St. Louis when the Rams' Kurt Warner was the league MVP. He was the head coach with the Rams when Marc Bulger became a Pro Bowl quarterback.

Green once was out of work. So was Warner. And Bulger was released by New Orleans.

Reclamation projects are nothing new to Martz, and Harrington is his latest pet project."

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9267624

History repeats intself... I see Harrington doing just fine under Martz!

No offense, but thinking like this is why my Lions are in the place they are now. they think QB's are more important than they are.

The Bengels had a fine offense with kitna behind center,it was the defense that had to improve, and they have and that is why they made it back to the playoffs. don't get me wrong, Palmer is a fine QB. but if not for the improved defense he would of been the QB of a 8 and 8 team too.

1368754[/snapback]

Point #1 Maybe. But I don't think you have to look far for teams with a lot of success run behind a very good QB - Pats, Eagles, Colts, and (I hate to say it) the Steelers. If we were talking WRs, I'd say definately.

Point #2 You're right if we are talking the 2004 season as that was Carson's first full starting season, but not this past one. After just one year of starts, Carson already looked better than Kitna ever did, IMO, and lead the Bengals to a better record with the same D ranking in 2005 as Kitna's 2003. Bengals last 3 years:

QB           Record        Defensive Rank (Y/gm)Kitna          8-8                   27Palmer         8-8                   18   Palmer        11-5                   27           

It seems to me a special QB can keep you in contention even if the D isn't so hot. I just don't think Kitna has ever shown that kind of play/ability in Cincy or Seattle. He can manage a game well enough, but he won't win them. You'll need your boys on D to really come through to go very far, IMO. If Harrington is really out that is...

"Martz was the offensive coordinator in Washington when Trent Green became a legitimate starter. He was the offensive coordinator, then the head coach in St. Louis when the Rams' Kurt Warner was the league MVP. He was the head coach with the Rams when Marc Bulger became a Pro Bowl quarterback.

Green once was out of work. So was Warner. And Bulger was released by New Orleans.

Reclamation projects are nothing new to Martz, and Harrington is his latest pet project."

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9267624

History repeats intself... I see Harrington doing just fine under Martz!

1368925[/snapback]

All everyone said before is he needs talent around him, he got that talent, and stilllllllllllllll sucksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joey Hairball needs to go before anyone else chnages their mind that he might do well and get whatever we can for his candyass. I hope like hell they start Kitna. Whether we draft one and let him learn a year or two is fine with me, long as Hairball ain't here. Joeys bully in school was prolly a girl scout. The guy's a punk.

Point #1 Maybe. But I don't think you have to look far for teams with a lot of success run behind a very good QB - Pats, Eagles, Colts, and (I hate to say it) the Steelers.  If we were talking WRs, I'd say definately.

Point #2 You're right if we are talking the 2004 season as that was Carson's first full starting season, but not this past one. After just one year of starts, Carson already looked better than Kitna ever did, IMO, and lead the Bengals to a better record with the same D ranking in 2005 as Kitna's 2003.  Bengals last 3 years:

QB           Record        Defensive Rank (Y/gm)Kitna          8-8                   27Palmer         8-8                   18   Palmer        11-5                   27           

It seems to me a special QB can keep you in contention even if the D isn't so hot.  I just don't think Kitna has ever shown that kind of play/ability in Cincy or Seattle.  He can manage a game well enough, but he won't win them.  You'll need your boys on D to really come through to go very far, IMO.  If Harrington is really out that is...

1369062[/snapback]

Point 1- the average SB QB is usually a middle of the pack QB, until he wins a SB that is, then the world thinks he is great.

Point 2 - QB's on teams that offenses score quick are always on teams that give up alot of points.

Reason 1 for this..opposite teams throw more.

Reason 2 for this..more offensive plays

A special QB can keep your team competing, I agree with this. I am not sure Palmer can do that. I am not sold on him like everyone else. I mean, I believe he is a a good QB. not at all convinced he is great. IMO you take Willie Anderson off the Bengels they don't even win 8 games.

Also, I agree that the Bengel defense is not good, but it is much much better than the ranking, just good enough for them to be able to get into the playoffs with a good offense and just not good enough to win a playoff game.

Wow- Detroit Lion Fans pinning their hopes on Kitna? ridiculous- he is a journeyman, sold #2 guy- PERIOD. He is limited, cannot make all the necessary throws, and he is good for 2 ints/game. He is good in spot relief, but counting on him for a season is a joke. As bad as Harrington has been he still has more upside, room to develop thant Kitna- If I was a Lion fan- huh??- more of these type moves WOW.

Wow- Detroit Lion Fans pinning their hopes on Kitna? ridiculous- he is a journeyman, sold #2 guy- PERIOD. He is limited, cannot make all the necessary throws, and he is good for 2 ints/game. He is good in spot relief, but counting on him for a season is a joke. As bad as Harrington has been he still has more upside, room to develop thant Kitna- If I was a Lion fan- huh??- more of these type moves  WOW.

1369362[/snapback]

Dude, it aint like we gave him top 20 QB money, he comes at a bargain. and as he proved in Cincy, he CAN get the job done. the fact that he did not make alot of noise after they named Palmer the starter over him despite him coming off a pro bowl type of year says alot about how the guy handles things. he was a excellent signing IMO. now we got us 2 QB's who can possibly get the job done without overpaying at the position. now we can worry about the other 20 positions we need to address.

I mean it aint like we overpayed for some RB who only produces because he is (was)behind a great line. :D

I gotta say I have been a huge fan of Harrington ever since his rookie season--fighting through every single frustrating year where sadly: Joey plays his lights out in training camp, etc. etc. then the season goes down hill from there. But I'm gonna do it again! I really do feel it is not Harrington causing the problems in Detroit. Any real detriot 'fan' can plainly see that it is the freagin' O-line that needs help! They can't even block well enough for K. Jones to run well! Not only that but the coaches simply didn't have the right game plan for the talant they had. These new coaches are going to turn this team around! I can feel it. Watch out vikings... The Lions are gonna run right through ya!  :D

1368727[/snapback]

Exactly. That's why Harrington was on fire the second half of 2004 when Kevin Jones was tearing it up.

:D

Dude, it aint like we gave him top 20 QB money, he comes at a bargain. and as he proved in Cincy, he CAN get the job done. the fact that he did not make alot of noise after they named Palmer the starter over him despite him coming off a pro bowl type of year says alot about how the guy handles things. he was a excellent signing IMO. now we got us 2 QB's who can possibly get the job done without overpaying at the position. now we can worry about the other 20 positions we need to address.

I mean it aint like we overpayed for some RB who only produces because he is (was)behind a great line.  :D

1369375[/snapback]

I guess- if he is a bargain- I jus think heading into the season with Kitna as your starter, well I guess for Lion fans it is ok- but he is so limited..........

Unlike the beast that is SA :D , and you know Sam Gado kind of reminds me of a young SA :D

This either solidifies Harrington as the projected starter or it means the Lions are going to draft Cutler. Having Harrington as the projected starter is both good and bad to me. Bad because Harrington has been a failure since he's entered the league and I have zero faith that he can all of a sudden become a viable NFL QB; good because I have faith that Martz would have raised hell if he didn't think that he could make Joey into an adequate QB for his offense, and I will concede that Mike Martz knows a lot more than me about identifiying NFL talent. In this scenario, having someone like Kitna to both push Harrington in camp and to be a solid second option if Joey doesn't pan out or gets hurt is a good thing - what I wanted to get out of Garcia last year.

I have mixed opinions if they're planning on drafting a QB. I don't really want to see a skill position player taken in the first round, as I think the real upgrades need to be made elsewhere (OL, DB, DE, LB). I guess we'll just see what happens.

I just can't see Martz and Kitna getting along for long. Kitna makes it no secret that God is first in his life. Mike Martz will have none of that.

Kitna is gonna remind you guys a lot of Scott Mitchell.

1368828[/snapback]

I sure hope so. Long live Scott Mitchell :D

All everyone said before is he needs talent around him, he got that talent, and stilllllllllllllll  sucksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Joey Hairball needs to go before anyone else chnages their mind that he might do well and get whatever we can for his candyass.  I hope like hell they start Kitna. Whether we draft one and let him learn a year or two is fine with me, long as Hairball ain't here. Joeys bully in school was prolly a girl scout. The guy's a punk.

1369104[/snapback]

I don't see much talant on the Lions O-line right now, and if there is talant it needs better coaching.. which has just arrived. If you watched Harrington in college you would understand he actually is an excellent QB if he has more than .6 seconds to throw the ball. Even Kevin Jones doesn't have enought time to run! Would you say Jones is a bad running back? I don't think so. Stop dwelling on the QB not being able to perform when that is OBVIOUSLY not the real issue with the Lions.

I guess- if he is a bargain- I jus think heading into the season with Kitna as your starter, well I guess for Lion fans it is ok- but he is so limited..........

Unlike the beast that is SA  :D , and you know Sam Gado kind of reminds me of a young SA  :D

1369617[/snapback]

:D yeah punk, brag on Gado. :D

You make a strong point though, and I think I get it..what you are saying is its kind of like going into a season knowing you have been to a SB and the team making all the wrong moves ensuring you don't get back. :D

:D  yeah punk, brag on Gado. :D

You make a strong point though, and I think I get it..what you are saying is its kind of like going into a season knowing you have been to a SB and the team making all the wrong moves ensuring you don't get back. :D

1370013[/snapback]

Zing!

They need to add a new Smilie for us Lion fans..a guy with a bag over his head slamming his head into a brick wall.

1368562[/snapback]

You'd get to use it pretty quick.

Like when Kitna is forced to thrown on the run and his duck gets picked off.

Or when he fumbles when scrambling without ever getting hit.

Or when he takes a sack with less then ten seconds left in the half and no timeouts left in the redzone instead of throwing it away.

The list goes on and on.I have seen every single game that Kitna has played in as a Bengal,and while I respect the man,he is at best a mediocre journeyman.His year with the 87 QB rating for the Bengals was an abberation,not the norm.

If you think he's going to light it up for you,you're just setting yourself up.But what the Hell,enjoy the cool-aid while it's still cold.