[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Being Tolerant Oppresses Christians

Chavez

No, when the move is to legislate the freedoms of others, regardless of thier personal rights to enforce your religious beliefs it becomes intolerance.

1415085[/snapback]

Keep this in mind when people want to begin legislating aginst what churchs/religions can preach.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My earlier statement keeps on getting ignored:

It saddens me that so many people continue to see homosexuals as any less of a human and deny the rights that any upstanding American deserves. I feel like we are still living in the early 1900s.

I would please like to hear a response how the religious right (or any anti-gay individual) classifies the homosexual. Are they worth less in your eyes? Are they worth less in God's eyes? Is it really fair that you judge and deny them their rights as American citizens? You can say it's different then racial discrimination because that is skin color and this may be a choice, but it has not been anywhere close to proven that homosexuality is a choice, so what's the difference? Anyone?

Based on this logic, being a priest or nun in the catholic church would also be "wrong".

1414994[/snapback]

now that is just stupid. How can you compare priest and nuns (faith) to nature saying that it is impossible for homosexuals to reproduce?

Lot offered his virgin daughters to be sexually molested by a rioting crowd, in an attempt to keep them from siezing angels of the Lord.  The very angels that he believed had the power to destroy the entire city.  There is some logic for you, worthy to base your system of law on.

1415090[/snapback]

And King David concocted a plan to kill a man so that his adulterous relationship with the man's wife would be hidden. I don't know about you but seeing failures is a great way of learning and growing whether in your own life or that of someone else. I have not said we should base the American laws off of the Bible and nothing else.

100 years ago many many christians would not have had a problem with a law that forbid interacial marriage. 50 years ago, many many christians would not have had a problem with a law that forbid a marriage of a divorced person. I would really be interested to see how society views the discussion of gay marriage 50 or 100 years from today.

It saddens me that so many people continue to see homosexuals as any less of a human and deny the rights that any upstanding American deserves. I feel like we are still living in the early 1900s.

I would please like to hear a response how the religious right (or any anti-gay individual) classifies the homosexual.  Are they worth less in your eyes?  Are they worth less in God's eyes?  Is it really fair that you judge and deny them their rights as American citizens? You can say it's different then racial discrimination because that is skin color and this may be a choice, but it has not been anywhere close to proven that homosexuality is a choice, so what's the difference?  Anyone?

1415101[/snapback]

i don't see any human as less of a human. i don't see any rights that gay people are being denied from having. marriage isn't a right. having laws that encourage and support families is a choice to help society as a whole. this is for the children, not the adults. the obsession is with ourselves and our need to have our lifestyles validated vs. the denial of rights.

the belief that homosexuality is a sin does not devalue anyone. we are all sinners. whether it is pride, vanity, lust, selfishness, greed, etc., we are all consumed with sin. we are all in that big boat together. now, we can debate what is a sin and what is not a sin, that's fine, but even if we determine homosexuality to not be a sin, there are many, many more to take its place. all of us are in need of salvation, and the beautiful thing about Christ is that He offers it to all. homos, heteros, and everyone in between.

And King David concocted a plan to kill a man so that his adulterous relationship with the man's wife would be hidden.  I don't know about you but seeing failures is a great way of learning and growing whether in your own life or that of someone else.  I have not said we should base the American laws off of the Bible and nothing else.

1415107[/snapback]

D@mn, is there a list or something that shows what in the bible is an example of what not to do, or a bahavior that God will forgive, and what in the bible is an absolute indication of what God will not except? Because I tell you, I am getting really confused.

I would please like to hear a response how the religious right (or any anti-gay individual) classifies the homosexual.  Are they worth less in your eyes?  Are they worth less in God's eyes? Is it really fair that you judge and deny them their rights as American citizens? You can say it's different then racial discrimination because that is skin color and this may be a choice, but it has not been anywhere close to proven that homosexuality is a choice, so what's the difference?  Anyone?

1415101[/snapback]

I Pet 3:9 says that Lord "is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." The thing is many of us have a hard time with the repentance part.

So your answer is that a homosexual is still made in the image of God and God does not wish for him/her to perish. No matter what your view is of whether someone is born gay or not, to repent does take a choice.

But of course, one has to take the Bible at its word before that point otherwise this makes not a lick of sense or matter to them.

now that is just stupid.  How can you compare priest and nuns (faith) to nature saying that it is impossible for homosexuals to reproduce?

1415104[/snapback]

Why is it stupid, you said that the fact that gays can not reproduce is "proof" that it is wrong. Well a person that decides to be celibate, can not reproduce eiter, why is that not proof that voluntary celibacy is wrong?

D@mn, is there a list or something that shows what in the bible is an example of what not to do, or a bahavior that God will forgive, and what in the bible is an absolute indication of what God will not except?  Because I tell you, I am getting really confused.

1415118[/snapback]

Open it up and ask Him to speak to you ... He will. :D

Why is it stupid, you said that the fact that gays can not reproduce is "proof" that it is wrong.  Well a person that decides to be celibate, can not reproduce eiter, why is that not proof that voluntary celibacy is wrong?

1415124[/snapback]

false.

Nature created two sexes for us to reproduce. So therefore it is impossible for homosexual to reproduce with each other. Hence it is wrong.

Choosing to not reproduce is a choice. They still have the ability to.

so not even the same thing but a nice try

Edited by cliaz

I just think it is silly when people say "He will speak to you." Isn't hearing voices a sign of schizo or something?

1415150[/snapback]

Hello! That is my point about Abraham Lincoln...

i don't see any human as less of a human.  i don't see any rights that gay people are being denied from having.

1415113[/snapback]

Gays are regulary denied the right to adobt children. Despite the fact that they are frequently willing to adobt children, that God loving, hetrosexuals consider unadotable. These same God loving hetrosexuals have no problem condeming a child from a childhood spent bouncing from one institution to the next, or one foster home that view having foster children as a "job" to the the next. Yes that is find, as long as we keep them out of the home of those sinning homosexuals, who cares if they will love, honor and support the child for a life time.

I have absolutly no doubt that we are all just sinners in your eyes. However, the fact of the matter is that there has always been people in power, and it seems tht there always will be people in power that use what they believe is more right and more wrong to adversly effect the lives of others. And that happens, because we allow it to happen.

Open it up and ask Him to speak to you ... He will. :D

1415126[/snapback]

What if he tells me to strap a bomb to my chest, and blow up a school bus? What if he tells me to drown all my children? What if he tells me to build an alter, and plung a knife in my childs heart? How long do I wait for him to say "opps, just kidding"?