[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

[DYNASTY] If you had Rudi

dsrm

That is definitely too much IMO.

1477169[/snapback]

to an extent i agree...but there are so many other scenarios i would need to see....like this kids complete lineup and scoring rules etc

this is what i gave up to get Perry

Perch gives up

Dilfer, Trent CLE QB

Greene, David SEA QB

Perry, Chris CIN RB

keggerz gives up

Brees, Drew NOS QB

prior to this deal my QBs were Hasslebeck/Brees/Frye

in my eyes Brees was expendable as i think Frye will be fine for a bye week fill in

having Hasslebeck(have Seneca too) made getting Greene important to me

having Frye made getting Dilfer(at that time) important to me

having Rudi made getting perry important to me

perch was extremely thin at QB as in i dont think he had a starter due to cuts etc...so it was a good trade for both of us

LOL @ the "kid" comment, but here we go:

12 team

TE required

.5 PPR for WR/TE's only

1Qb 1RB 4WR 1TE

1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE

QB

Bulger, KKK, J Martin

Bulger is a great #1, but having no bye week guy right now stinks. I should be able to work a deal for an older bye week starting QB via trade.

RB

Portis, Rudi, Chester, C-Brown, t-Henry, J-Wells

Very strong. Only problem is that I can't start 3 RB's. LenDale getting drafted by the Titans puts a damper on this group

WR

S-Moss, Driver, M-Jones, Wilford, bruce, K-Curtis, TroyWill, Stokely, M-Bradley, Peerless

Good, but not great group. A lot of youth is decent situations.

TE

Alex Smith, bubba, CourtneyA, Danny Graham

Rookie Picks

Oh, stop your :D over your post getting moved.  You got some opinions.  Kvetching about it isn't going to get you a lot of help from the vets.

1476798[/snapback]

Example of one of the reasons I dislike this site. Why :doah: do you so called "vets" spend so much GD time discussing where a post should be posted? Quit wasting your time and everyone elses and answer the :D MF question!!

I agree with Otis, but for different reasons.  It seems to me that in a dynasty league you want more to look for the guys you think will have the best chance of getting touches, rather than looking to pick-up handcuffs.

1476733[/snapback]

Example of one of the reasons I dislike this site. Why :doah:  do you so called "vets" spend so much GD time discussing where a post should be posted? Quit wasting your time and everyone elses and answer the  :D MF question!!

1477284[/snapback]

he did answer the question :D

Who are you planning on drafting if you keep 1.7 and 1.11 (if everything goes as planned)? Given the RB's that you have, I would make getting Lendale White just as much of a priority as getting Perry. Also, your TE's look kind of weak. Any chance you could trade away the 1.11 and maybe your 2nd and/or 3rd round picks to move into the top 5? If you could nab White and Vernon Davis in the draft, even if it meant giving up all/most of the rest of your picks, I think it would be a great draft considering the team you have.

Who are you planning on drafting if you keep 1.7 and 1.11 (if everything goes as planned)?  Given the RB's that you have, I would make getting Lendale White just as much of a priority as getting Perry.  Also, your TE's look kind of weak.  Any chance you could trade away the 1.11 and maybe your 2nd and/or 3rd round picks to move into the top 5?  If you could nab White and Vernon Davis in the draft, even if it meant giving up all/most of the rest of your picks, I think it would be a great draft considering the team you have.

1477339[/snapback]

I've been trying to move up...it's virtually impossible.

It's hard to say who is going to be there at 1.7

I'm hoping for Vernon....but would settle for White, Vince or matt

At 1.11 I'm hoping (since I got vernon at 1.7 already) for Cutler.

If I get Matt or Vince, then I'm looking at Chad Jackson or Marcedes.

So I guess I'm having a tough time giving up Cutler and vernon for Perry.

Example of one of the reasons I dislike this site. Why :doah:  do you so called "vets" spend so much GD time discussing where a post should be posted? Quit wasting your time and everyone elses and answer the  :D MF question!!

1477284[/snapback]

Because it's the offseason. Duh. And don't talk to me about answering questions. :D

I've been trying to move up...it's virtually impossible.

It's hard to say who is going to be there at 1.7

I'm hoping for Vernon....but would settle for White, Vince or matt

At 1.11 I'm hoping (since I got vernon at 1.7 already) for Cutler.

If I get Matt or Vince, then I'm looking at Chad Jackson or Marcedes.

So I guess I'm having a tough time giving up Cutler and vernon for Perry.

1477374[/snapback]

What about packaging your 1.7 and 1.11 for a top-4 pick and a 2nd rounder? Then, you could get White OR Vernon (your choice), and you would still have a chance at Cutler, Jackson, or Mercedes dropping into the 2nd round.

What about packaging your 1.7 and 1.11 for a top-4 pick and a 2nd rounder? Then, you could get White OR Vernon (your choice), and you would still have a chance at Cutler, Jackson, or Mercedes dropping into the 2nd round.

1477483[/snapback]

I've tried that already, but no one wants to. Maybe later in the year when we do our rookie draft. But not now. No one's biting.

If trading up is not an option, I would just keep your two first-rounders and "play the hand you're dealt." The first six picks will more than likely include 5 RB's, so worst-case scenario, Vernon goes sixth. If so, you have your choice of QB. Then, grab Mercedes or the best player available at #11. TE and QB seem to be your biggest needs, though, if you're unable to handcuff your existing RB's. If Vernon doesn't go 6th, grab him and a QB at #11. If all three QB's go 8-10 (very unlikely), take your top WR at 11. No matter what happens, you're in good shape with those two picks in the first eleven.

The reason the guy probably wants more than the 7 and 11 is that he's not dumb enough to think that Vernon Davis and Culter will be there for those picks. Unless you need a franchise QB, and assuming no bonehead picks in the top 6, the 7th pick is garbage. If some boneheadedness does happen, I'm sure this guy would make this trade and I'm sure he's already let you know this.

The reason the guy probably wants more than the 7 and 11 is that he's not dumb enough to think that Vernon Davis and Culter will be there for those picks.    Unless you need a franchise QB, and assuming no bonehead picks in the top 6, the 7th pick is garbage.    If some boneheadedness does happen, I'm sure this guy would make this trade and I'm sure he's already let you know this.

1480891[/snapback]

Yeah...he did let me know these things.

I guess my problem is that this team's power is concentrated at RB and average or below average at the other spots.

Which in most leagues is fine. But in this league, RB's have they're power tempered a bit by the rules. .5 ppr for WR's and TE's bring up their value a significant notch, but the kicker is the max. 2 RB's starting. That really kills RB value IMO.

So in my eyes, this league does not reward RB-hoarding, so why should I put a premium on that tactic? before the trade, I have great RB's and average (or below average) everywhere else...but with 2 picks that will allow me to address other needs.

After the trade, I have great RB's and average or below average everywhere else and no picks.

I think I'll just find a sucker for Rudi. :D

If trading up is not an option, I would just keep your two first-rounders and "play the hand you're dealt."  The first six picks will more than likely include 5 RB's, so worst-case scenario, Vernon goes sixth.  If so, you have your choice of QB.  Then, grab Mercedes or the best player available at #11.  TE and QB seem to be your biggest needs, though, if you're unable to handcuff your existing RB's.  If Vernon doesn't go 6th, grab him and a QB at #11.  If all three QB's go 8-10 (very unlikely), take your top WR at 11.  No matter what happens, you're in good shape with those two picks in the first eleven.

1478571[/snapback]

He is right on the money on this!

The reason the guy probably wants more than the 7 and 11 is that he's not dumb enough to think that Vernon Davis and Culter will be there for those picks.    Unless you need a franchise QB, and assuming no bonehead picks in the top 6, the 7th pick is garbage.    If some boneheadedness does happen, I'm sure this guy would make this trade and I'm sure he's already let you know this.

1480891[/snapback]

Is this for Chris Perry. A 7th and 11th for Chris Perry? If so why so much for a backup. That hasnt stay healthy since he been in the league. I like him when he does play but not that much. That is two corner stones for the team you have those picks.