[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do with the #1 and #2 WRs on several teams?

muck

Ok, I'm in a dynasty league (actually, technically it's a salary cap contract league, but I digress from the main point of my question) ...

WR Scoring Rules:

0.1 pt / receiving yard

1.5 pts / reception

6 pts for all TDs

We start at least three WRs, and may start up to five. I typically start four and occasionally start five.

I own the #1 and #2 WRs in Minnesota (KRob & Taylor), Oakland (Moss & Porter) and Jacksonville (Wilford & Jones) ... plus a whole slew of other very nice dynasty WRs (Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, Muhsin Muhammad, Braylon Edwards, Reggie Brown, Samie Parker and Eric Parker)...

I have two questions:

1) Have any of you had success in keeping both #1 and #2 from the same team when those two are NOT Jerry Rice/Terrell Owens, Cris Carter/Randy Moss, Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce or Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne?

2) If you didn't have success, how did you resolve it? Trade one, and hope you were right? Trade them both?

I'm having a hard time figuring out how I should handle this...and, I'm afraid that if I don't, that because I have SO MANY wide receivers who could be my #3, #4 or #5 in any given week that I'll make all sorts of bad choices as a coach ... in some ways, I'd rather make a bad trade (i.e., make a bad GM move) than to start the wrong guys all year long (ie, make a series of bad coaching moves).

Once I get past CJohnson and Moss, and until Walker gets to 100% and in synch with Plummer, I will need to pick two or three WRs from this fairly interesting list of guys each week.

Any suggestions on how to handle my receivers, especially the three teams where I own the #1 and the #2?

I have two questions:

1) Have any of you had success in keeping both #1 and #2 from the same team when those two are NOT Jerry Rice/Terrell Owens, Cris Carter/Randy Moss, Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce or Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne?

2) If you didn't have success, how did you resolve it? Trade one, and hope you were right? Trade them both?

Other than the pairs of WRs you have listed - and the new tandem of Fitz/Boldin (and possibly Chad/Housh) - I'd stay away from owning both #1 & #2. Basically, that only works in a pass-first type of offense.

If I were you, I'd try to deal Taylor & Porter (esp. Taylor). I don't think either of them will ever supplant the #1s on their respective teams. Perhaps you can package them together to go after one WR who might be a #1, or who has a better shot at becoming a #1 (or to get better depth at another position). I'd consider holding onto both Wilford & Jones, however, until we see how the Jags WR situation shapes up. I'm not sure Wilford has the long-term makings of a #1, though I anticipate him getting the most receptions for Jax this season; Jones, if he can continue to develop, may be the better long-term answer. Still, for now, I'd keep them both.

It seems that I really need to trade or cut some players. I have a hard time simply cutting a guy who could end up being the 4th or 5th WR on someone elses team (makes them stronger) when I can simply plant their butt on my bench.

Part of my problem is that I simply have too many WRs that could turn into something special (Reggie Brown, Wilford, Jones, KRob, etc)...they could be bums...but, they COULD be special and I'd HATE it if they ended up on someone elses team (esp. if I cut them).

Anyone else have any thoughts for me?

It seems that I really need to trade or cut some players. I have a hard time simply cutting a guy who could end up being the 4th or 5th WR on someone elses team (makes them stronger) when I can simply plant their butt on my bench.

Part of my problem is that I simply have too many WRs that could turn into something special (Reggie Brown, Wilford, Jones, KRob, etc)...they could be bums...but, they COULD be special and I'd HATE it if they ended up on someone elses team (esp. if I cut them).

Anyone else have any thoughts for me?

you dont cut them...trade them or plant them...if they do bust out you will get more then, but if you feel the need to deal now try and package a couple to a team that is thin....if you have a few rated very close then keep the ones that you like best and try to deal the others or if you are apathetic to them deal what the other owner wants to get what you want

as far as the same WR from the same team...value is value...if they are scoring that is all that matters but there is an inherent risk that if that team is shut down then you get 2 players shut down

Dude, you only start up to 5. Why do you need so many?? You have at least 3 that you're going to start almost every week once Javon is healthy, plus Mush and Porter at the 4/5. It's time to pick a couple favorites for the bench and instead gamble on more RBs, and this year, QBs as many have found themselves in new situations!!

Dude, you only start up to 5. Why do you need so many?? You have at least 3 that you're going to start almost every week once Javon is healthy, plus Mush and Porter at the 4/5. It's time to pick a couple favorites for the bench and instead gamble on more RBs, and this year, QBs as many have found themselves in new situations!!

I own so many because we have a 24 team roster, it is not an IDP, it is a dynasty (ish) where there is a premium on finding guys who break out before the break out, and because we CAN start up to five it simply makes sense to have as many high-upside guys as possible.

Regarding who I'll start ... yeah, CJ, Moss and JWalker...plus two others. There is no way to know whether or not Reggie Brown will be one ... or KRob ... or Matt Jones ... or Muhsin ... etc ...

Problem is, nobody likes trading with Muck! :D

The other problem is that other owners are fairly cap-strapped and unlikely to make any trades. In all likelihood the Muck'ster will have to cut 'em or keep 'em.

I'm keeping all my WRs (SSmith, Boldin, Housh, Roy Williams, Moulds, Williamson) with the possible exception of Lelie :D

The other problem is that other owners are fairly cap-strapped and unlikely to make any trades. In all likelihood the Muck'ster will have to cut 'em or keep 'em.

Which is kinda why I'm surprised I've not had any interest. I have various teams' #1 or #2 WR at nice prices and signed to nice contracts. Who knows what some people are thinking...

Koren Robinson = 0.5% of team cap

Samie Parker = 0.7%

Reggie Brown = 0.8%

Travis Taylor = 0.9%

Ernest Wilford = 0.9%

Muhsin Muhammad = 2.0%

Eric Parker = 2.5%

Matt Jones = 3.6%

Jerry Porter = 4.0%

Braylon Edwards = 5.1%

Javon Walker = 7.3%

Chad Johnson = 14.7%

Randy Moss = 15.7%

Also many are signed to long term deals -- RBrown, BEdwards, SParker, JPorter, KRobinson, TTaylor and EWilford.

Which is kinda why I'm surprised I've not had any interest. I have various teams' #1 or #2 WR at nice prices and signed to nice contracts. Who knows what some people are thinking...

Koren Robinson = 0.5% of team cap

Samie Parker = 0.7%

Reggie Brown = 0.8%

Travis Taylor = 0.9%

Ernest Wilford = 0.9%

Muhsin Muhammad = 2.0%

Eric Parker = 2.5%

Matt Jones = 3.6%

Jerry Porter = 4.0%

Braylon Edwards = 5.1%

Javon Walker = 7.3%

Chad Johnson = 14.7%

Randy Moss = 15.7%

Also many are signed to long term deals -- RBrown, BEdwards, SParker, JPorter, KRobinson, TTaylor and EWilford.

I'd trade that Matt Jones kid to the owner of Drew Brees :D

Or better yet ... trade Reggie Brown for the Ashley Lelie owner, assuming he would go for it :D

Edited by Grits and Shins

I'd trade that Matt Jones kid to the owner of Drew Brees :D

Or better yet ... trade Reggie Brown for the Ashley Lelie owner, assuming he would go for it :D

Man, I would ... if I only knew what he wanted ...

...alas...

• 2 weeks later...

What other positions do you start?

Of your current WR, you will be starting

Javon Walker

Chad Johnson

Randy Moss

every week. Your next two will be some combination of

Ernest Wilford

Muhsin Muhammad

Jerry Porter

Reggie Brown

depening on matchups.

Leaving you with:

Koren Robinson

Samie Parker

Travis Taylor

Eric Parker

Matt Jones

Braylon Edwards

of these, I would try and trade whoever you can for some backup RB's (more likely to have value if they breakout or replace an injured RB).

Out of them, I would want to keep Jones, Edwards, and Krob. I dont think the rest hold much value, and if you could get a guy like Gado (not Gado himself, but a #2 or #3 RB with a team who has an oft injured #1), then I think you'd be much better off.

Well, in the past couple of weeks, I've traded Samie Parker, Eric Parker and Koren Robinson. I'm almost assuredly going to cut Travis Taylor.

I still have:

Moss, CJohnson, Walker

Plus:

Porter, Muhsin, Wilford, MJones, RBrown and BEdwards

...still trying to figure out what I should do...

QB: EManning, Warner, Simms

RB: Alexander, Edge, Marion Barber, Cedric Houston

I will need to cut around 17% of my salary costs to become cap compliant within the next week or so.