[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snap

cliaz

I just bid on a website job for this company that puts in pools and water features (fish ponds, foutains, ect.).

I told them 4k for their site and got it. Hello justice.

I talked to the wife tonight for a while and when she goes back to work in September, I'm quitting my job and starting my own company. Two fold:

1. Doing backup and recovery/disaster planning for Dr. offices and medical centers. (My doc already said he is interested in talking about that and he works in an office of 15 Drs.)

2. Web development aimmed at the small business owner.

SKINS, i might need to talk to you about all the legal crap involved with that.

I just bid on a website job for this company that puts in pools and water features (fish ponds, foutains, ect.).

I told them 4k for their site and got it. Hello justice.

I talked to the wife tonight for a while and when she goes back to work in September, I'm quitting my job and starting my own company. Two fold:

1. Doing backup and recovery/disaster planning for Dr. offices and medical centers. (My doc already said he is interested in talking about that and he works in an office of 15 Drs.)

2. Web development aimmed at the small business owner.

SKINS, i might need to talk to you about all the legal crap involved with that.

Cool.

I think last year was the year of the baby.

This year is the year of starting your own business. I did it a few months ago. I still have my real job, but I should finish a few healthy jobs this week for beer money. Lots of beer.

congrats Cliaz

First things first, get an attorney and get incorporated to protect yourself and family, then get a accountant or yourself to get organized for tax purposes, i wish i hadn't waited for two years when i started my business to do this.

Just keep useability in mind when doing the initial web design. The stickiness of the site will be determined by how easily the folks can get to the information they seek. 9 out of 10 sites are only concerned with looking good, and are not that useable.

And for God's sake, take it easy on the Flash, unless the whole site is done in it. With the new IE Active X patch, you have to load Flash a special way to avoid unnecessary clicks, so if you need help there, just PM.

Good Luck!!

:D Bro, good luck!