[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwane Wade is RAW

Brentastic

That was just a phenomenal game. Wade is moving into another level. Some clutch late shots by Dirk as well. This series is going to have an interesting finish. If Dallas wins last night, it is over, as I don't see Miami winning both in Dallas, but, can they win one ? :D Should be VERY interesting.

I wonder how good the heat would be if they had lebron james instead of wade.

I dont think they would be here.

I wonder how good the Cavs would be if they had Shaquille O'Neal instead of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Shaq's playoff stats: 18.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 bpg

Z's playoff stats: 10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.1 bpg

I wonder how good the Cavs would be if they had Shaquille O'Neal instead of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Shaq's playoff stats: 18.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.5 bpg

Z's playoff stats: 10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.1 bpg

this doe not work since Ilgauskas was the 20th pick in the 96 draft and Oneal was drafted in the 92 draft 1st overall.

while Dwyane Wade was the 5th pick and LeBron was first in the same draft year 2003.

My point is that the heat had they had the 1st pick they would have taken LeBron James 1st, then Carmelo Anthony 2nd, and then wade. and who knows if they would be here.

thats all.

this doe not work since Ilgauskas was the 20th pick in the 96 draft and Oneal was drafted in the 92 draft 1st overall.

while Dwyane Wade was the 5th pick and LeBron was first in the same draft year 2003.

My point is that the heat had they had the 1st pick they would have taken LeBron James 1st, then Carmelo Anthony 2nd, and then wade. and who knows if they would be here.

thats all.

My point is that Wade looks great (in part) because he has a much better supporting cast than LeBron.

Both are great players, no doubt.

when i read you first post i was in the mind set of just comparing players from that draft class, and i overlooked you valid point.

but i think Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a nice center, he is no shaq or tim duncan. but you dont need to have a center like that to win, look at the centers that the bulls had during the championship runs. Bill Cartwright, Will Perdue, Luc Longley, Bill Wennington.

and yes wade does have a better suporting cast.

I find it funny that the the post is titled RAW. This aligns itself perfectly with WWE RAW, which all know is fixed. I have heard some talk about the NBA RAW. I know saying the NBA is fixed isn't right, but you do have to wonder when one guy (I love Wade) shoots more free throws than the team he is playing against. And anyone that doesn't think Stern wants 7-games in the Finals is just kidding themselves.

The NBA also needs to go back to real rules. Traveling, carrying, 3-seconds, wipe away on offense, etc...

Off my soapbox. Thanks for listening.

Edited by Men In Tights

and yes wade does have a better suporting cast.

Let's compare the starting 5.

Cleveland:

Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Drew Gooden, James, Z Ilgauskas

Miami:

Jayson Williams, Wade, Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker, O'Neal

I think they are very comparable, and Shaq is better than Z.

I also believe Wade is the best player in the NBA right now and is the next Jordan. Kobe sucks goats and proved these last two years he needs a sidekick or he can't do squat.

Let's compare the starting 5.

Cleveland:

Larry Hughes, Eric Snow, Drew Gooden, James, Z Ilgauskas

Miami:

Jayson Williams, Wade, Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker, O'Neal

I think they are very comparable, and Shaq is better than Z.

True. Problems for Cleveland this year were:

1) Hughes missing most of the year with a finger injury, then his brother's death during the playoffs.

2) Being in division with Detroit, and pretty much being assured of nothing higher than 4th seed all season long.