[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Keeper Question....

Haskel

One of my leagues is a little strange when it comes to keepers..

We keep one player drafted in Rds 1-5, one player drafted in Rds 6-10 and one player drafted Rd 11 or later (including FAs). If we choose not to keep a player, we get an extra pick after the draft has been completed (worthless). Since we do not gain draft position by not keeping a player, it makes no sense not to keep someone. Also...we can only keep a player for one year. So I'm looking for the player who'll possibly have the biggest impact this year only.

My dillema is my Rd 11-FA keeper

Greg Jones (currently my leading candidate as Taylor is always an injury risk and I love the way this guy runs the ball)

Kellen Winslow Jr. (this is a TE mandatory league...he could be an impact player and I wouldn't have to worry about drafting a TE...Gates is being kept from last year so he's off the table)

Derrick Blaylock or Cedric Houston (Martin seems to be recovering just fine, if injured again...who'll replace him?...RBBC?)

Well those are my choices. It seems to come down to GJones or KWinslow...any opinions/advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Haskel

Edited by Haskel

what are your starting requirements?

if you start 4 rb's or something like that, jones might be worth it, but probably not with all the rb's in the mix in jax.

if you think winslow will produce more than another te you could draft, then i think it's a no-brainer since it's te-mandatory.

stay far away from any jets players.

overall, i think since you only keep players for a year, winslow will have the most immediate impact.

One of my leagues is a little strange when it comes to keepers..

We keep one player drafted in Rds 1-5, one player drafted in Rds 6-10 and one player drafted Rd 11 or later (including FAs). If we choose not to keep a player, we get an extra pick after the draft has been completed (worthless). Since we do not gain draft position by not keeping a player, it makes no sense not to keep someone. Also...we can only keep a player for one year. So I'm looking for the player who'll possibly have the biggest impact this year only.

My dillema is my Rd 11-FA keeper

Greg Jones (currently my leading candidate as Taylor is always an injury risk and I love the way this guy runs the ball)

Kellen Winslow Jr. (this is a TE mandatory league...he could be an impact player and I wouldn't have to worry about drafting a TE...Gates is being kept from last year so he's off the table)

Derrick Blaylock or Cedric Houston (Martin seems to be recovering just fine, if injured again...who'll replace him?...RBBC?)

Well those are my choices. It seems to come down to GJones or KWinslow...any opinions/advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Haskel

GJONES!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Jones is the best choice here. The Jaguars really don't have anyone else that can stay healthy AND move the chains consistently, so I think he'll become their feature back by default.

Winslow has done nothing and his potential was a lot more appealing two years ago when there weren't as many talented TEs starting in the league as there are now.

There's no telling if, and, or when Blaylock or Houston would get significant playing time, and even if they did, they're playing on what will probably be one of the worst offenses in the NFL again this year. (Although they're only one QB away from possibly being a pretty good one.)

I think G. Jones is your best bet too. Even if he doesn't make your starting line up you will have potential trade bait to the owner that gets Taylor so he can handcuff him. Or if Taylor gets hurt then you could really end up with bargaining power with Jones.