[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McGahee/Foster for Ronnie Brown

I'm thinking of offering this trade to guy in my league, but I want to make sure I'm thinking clearly here. I am the owner of McGahee and Foster and am looking to possibly trade them both to get Ronnie Brown.

I'm in an auction keeper league where you can keep three players, but you can't keep more than you can start. So the most RBs I can keep are two. I currently have Caddy, McGahee, DD, and Foster all for the same price, which are all pretty cheap. They will all cost only $7 of a $100 budget. I think McGahee and DD are entering their 4th year with me, and we can only keep them for 5. Caddy is obviously going into his 2nd.

What do you think of me offering McGahee and Foster for Brown? It was frustrating last year to own McGahee and Foster is an injury waiting to happen. Brown is also only going to cost $7 to keep as well. I'd look to try and sell DD before the season starts if he's not hurt also. I kind of feel as though I'd be giving up a little much for them, but on the other hand it keeps from having to sit through another season of watching the Bills offense.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Given your keeper rules, it can't hurt. Sounds like you lose out on the RBs if you don't consolidate, and Caddy and Brown at cheap prices seems like a spectacular start to a team.

Then, like you said, look to move Davis.... heck, given your situation, offer him his choice of Davis or McGahee with Foster... you can't lose as you otherwise dump them back into the player pool. Worse comes to worse, and assuming you have Brown rated ahead of them enough, offer both McGahee and DAvis... better to get something than nothing for them unless you think there is a possibility of reacquiring them for cheaper in the auction (assuming you want them back)

I'm thinking of offering this trade to guy in my league, but I want to make sure I'm thinking clearly here. I am the owner of McGahee and Foster and am looking to possibly trade them both to get Ronnie Brown.

I'm in an auction keeper league where you can keep three players, but you can't keep more than you can start. So the most RBs I can keep are two. I currently have Caddy, McGahee, DD, and Foster all for the same price, which are all pretty cheap. They will all cost only $7 of a $100 budget. I think McGahee and DD are entering their 4th year with me, and we can only keep them for 5. Caddy is obviously going into his 2nd.

What do you think of me offering McGahee and Foster for Brown? It was frustrating last year to own McGahee and Foster is an injury waiting to happen. Brown is also only going to cost $7 to keep as well. I'd look to try and sell DD before the season starts if he's not hurt also. I kind of feel as though I'd be giving up a little much for them, but on the other hand it keeps from having to sit through another season of watching the Bills offense.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I think this deal makes alot of sense for you. I mean if the season was already started I would not do it, but considering you can only keep 2 RB's..may as well upgrade instead of just losing them and getting nothing.

I guess my main reason for doubting the trade is that I didn't see Ronnie Brown play at all last year. I really had no reason to watch the Dolphins. Judging by all the mock drafts, Brown is better than I thought he was.

He is an outstanding RB and with Ricky not there he is a 1600 yard producer IMO he is much better than McGahee and Foster. The X Factor is Ricky if he comes back he won't ever get over 1200 yards...

Brown is a stud in waiting, and without Ricky he can only go up.....I would tell the Brown owner to take his pick of any two, DD/Mcgahee/Foster and try to up your WR? Who is your 3rd keeper anyways?

My third keeper is Steve Smith for $7 also. I got some great bargains in the auction by not spending all of my money at the beginning. I also have the option of keeping Mannng for $38, but thats a bit too much.

He is an outstanding RB and with Ricky not there he is a 1600 yard producer IMO he is much better than McGahee and Foster. The X Factor is Ricky if he comes back he won't ever get over 1200 yards...

There's no way Ricky can come back this year is there? Or did I miss something?

There's no way Ricky can come back this year is there? Or did I miss something?

Ricky is done for this year and done with Mia for good IMO, if he does come back to the NFL, he will be traded by Mia.

So, Caddy, Ronnie and SSmith is a real good start to a season. I would tell the guy with Ronnie to take what he wants, if he wants all three, give them up. No reason keeping one to try to get better at your 3rd keeper option since you already got SSmith, but that is just my opinion.

I would give the guy a choice of any two of the three for Ronnie Brown.

Does this guy not have an RB2 that he is planning to keep?

That's what I'm thinking as well. I imagine he only has another year or so to keep Edge, right? Between that and the high auction price, he might be willing to trade for two of the three backs you're offering.

Edited by tomfin2000

Given your situation, I agree with everybody in saying that offering any combo to get Brown is a good idea on your end.

I can't however, see why the other guy would get rid of Brown for the salary he's paying him.

Given your situation, I agree with everybody in saying that offering any combo to get Brown is a good idea on your end.

I can't however, see why the other guy would get rid of Brown for the salary he's paying him.

Me either. But good deal 4 u.

The deal is right for your team and league! I HATE the Dolphins even coupled with the fact I live in Miami! But seriously I think it can't hurt your situation. Ronnie is from last year as equal as the others

Any of the RBs he has to choose from my team are all the same price as Ronnie.

This deal is just sitting out there waiting for him to do something. And the waiting game begins... :D