[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Update

Easy n Dirty

Ummm.....BC...I made an....errrr...typo on my submission. "Mike Matusow" should be "Joe Madsen." See, its a totally understandable error. And he should be ranked #1 on my list instead of where I have him. Please make the appropriate corrections and update the scoring ASAP. :D

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$5000 pot limit is over

1Jason Lester

2Alan Sass

3Stuart Fox

4Tony Hartmann

5Michael Tedesco

6Greg Turk

7Emad Tamtouh

8Tommy Smith

9Kirill Gerasimov

10Nam Le

11Benjamin Arnold

12Chau Giang

13Laura Fink

14John Shipley

15Tonio Scali

16Cyndy Violette

$1000 no limit hold-em, $1000 rebuys

...down to 16...

1Phil Hellmuth Jr.493,000

2Daryn Firicano280,500

3Rafael Perry213,000

4Humberto Brenes207,500

5Alex Balandin193,000

6Antanas 'Tony' Guoga179,000

7John Spadavecchia142,500

8Jordan Morgan114,000

9John Taylor109,500

10Phillipe Rouas106,000

11Juha Helppi96,000

12David Plastik80,000

12Ryan Hughs80,000

14Jim McCrink74,000

15Terris Preston43,500

16Elio Cabrera43,000

$1000 seven card stud, high/low, 8 or better

...down to 37...

...of note...

2. Annie Duke

2. John Cernuto

4. Paul Darden Jr.

5. Mel Judah

6. Cyndy Violette

6. David Singer

8. Max Pescatori

15. John Juanda

17. Jeff Madsden

17. Chip Jett

21. Ted Forrest

24. Mike Matusow

26. Allen Cunningham

28. Dutch Boyd

37. Howard Lederer

$1000 no limit hold-em, $1000 rebuys

...down to 10...

1Phil Hellmuth Jr.790,000

2Daryn Firicano580,000

3Rafael Perry186,000

4Juha Helppi165,000

5David Plastik140,000

6John Spadavecchia132,000

7Elio Cabrera110,000

8Antanas 'Tony' Guoga100,000

9Terris Preston88,000

10Phillipe Rouas50,000

11Humberto Brenes

12John Taylor

13Jim McCrink

14Ryan Hughs

15Jordan Morgan

16Alex Balandin

$1000 seven card stud

...30 left ... of note ...

1. John Cernuto

3. Jeff Madsen

7. Cyndy Violette

8. Annie Duke

12. John Juanda

15. Max Pescatori

16. Mel Judah

17. Howard Lederer

23. Allen Cunningham

29. Dutch Boyd

30. Paul Darden Jr.

Random Poker Thoughts For The Day

That $1000 7-card stud tournament has had a lot of big names in it in all of muck's updates. Interesting to watch Howard Lederer's progress (based solely on these updates ) - I think he was 46th out of 47 remaining, then 37th out of 37 remaining, and has now worked hiw way up to 17th out of 30 remaining. He's also still hanging around in the $1500 hold 'em shootout tournament, I really don't understand how these guys can play in two events simultaneously, I cannot imagine Harrah's can alter the schedule to accomodate an individual player. Does one tournament play in the mornings, the other in evenings, something like that? I find it a little confusing...and some of these players must be exhausted.

What's a shootout? Does this mean that once assigned to a given table, each table plays down until only one player remains at that table, and then they reseat everyone and repeat?

Three poker players I would tap, in order:

Lacey Jones

Liz Lieu

Isabella Mercier (the picture doesn't do her justice, seen her on Tv a couple times and I find her to be extremely sexy)

With apologies to Jennifers Harman and Tilly (not a great pic), as well as Clonie Gowen. I excluded Shana Hiatt and Shannon Elizabeth, neither of whom would likely be admitted into the fraternity of "professional" poker players, but both of whom would be eagerly admitted to my bedroom.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

Random Poker Thoughts For The Day

That $1000 7-card stud tournament has had a lot of big names in it in all of muck's updates. Interesting to watch Howard Lederer's progress (based solely on these updates ) - I think he was 46th out of 47 remaining, then 37th out of 37 remaining, and has now worked hiw way up to 17th out of 30 remaining. He's also still hanging around in the $1500 hold 'em shootout tournament, I really don't understand how these guys can play in two events simultaneously, I cannot imagine Harrah's can alter the schedule to accomodate an individual player. Does one tournament play in the mornings, the other in evenings, something like that? I find it a little confusing...and some of these players must be exhausted.

What's a shootout? Does this mean that once assigned to a given table, each table plays down until only one player remains at that table, and then they reseat everyone and repeat?

Three poker players I would tap, in order:

Lacey Jones

Liz Lieu

Isabella Mercier (the picture doesn't do her justice, seen her on Tv a couple times and I find her to be extremely sexy)

With apologies to Jennifers Harman and Tilly (not a great pic), as well as Clonie Gowen. I excluded Shana Hiatt and Shannon Elizabeth, neither of whom would likely be admitted into the fraternity of "professional" poker players, but both of whom would be eagerly admitted to my bedroom.

With all due respect EnD I would have to add the following to the top 3 and possibly number 1

Evelyn NG

But I am partial to the Asian women

$1000 seven card stud

...30 left ... of note ...

Cardplayer was wayyyy wrong. There are 98 left now in the seven card stud high/low 8 or better event ... of note ...

4. John Cernuto

8. Jeff Madsen

15. Bill Elder

31. John Juanda

41. Cyndy Violette

80. Annie Duke

$1500 no limit holdem

down to 42 players ... of note ...

6. Joe Awada

7. Phil Laak

8. Eric Mizrachi

10. TJ Cloutier

15. Marcel Luske

17. Rafe Furst

24. Jean-Robert Bellande

30. Mimi Tran

40. Layne Flack

$5000 no-limit 2-7 draw lowball ... with rebuys ...

80 guys left w/ lots of rebuy opportunities in the first few rounds, so it's a little pointless to tell you who's winning and who's not. Also, all of the rebuys are allowing quite a bit of loose play in the early going.

Players of note who are in the tourney include:

Tony Guoga

Todd Brunson

Ted Forrest

Chris Ferguson

Welcome Back Kotter

Barry Greenstein

Freddy Deeb

Johnny Chan

Greg Raymer

Hasan Habib

Farzad Bonyadi

Allen Cunningham

Max Pescatori

Huck Seed

Sean Sheikhan

Men Nguyen

Layne Flack

Mike Matusow

Michael Mizrachi

Juan Carlos Mortensen

Victor Ramdin

Mike Caro

Joe Cassidy

Dewey Tomko

Erik Seidel

Mel Judah

Dutch Boyd

David Williams

Doyle Brunson

Andrew Black

Just got back a little while ago.

Had a blast and seriously wish I could stay out there for the duration of the main event.

I played a whopping 1 1/2 hours of poker while I was out there, winning a whole $10. Goofed off at a few table games dropping a bit, bit all in all had a blast.

I also spent many hours just down in the WSOP tournament area and had a blast. Who would have thought just watching live poker when you can't see the cards would be that fun.

We got in Sunday afternoon, and my cousin had two basketball games that evening, one at 5:20 and one at 8:50. This was a big crappy shoes from spammers (I believe it was crappy shoes from spammers, they Reebok and Adidas all had tournaments this same weekend in Vegas... college coaches were everywhere) basketball tournament. My wife and I get to the first game and my cousin's team wins by 5. We go to dinner with the team and head back to the gym for the night game. THis one they win more easily. THe way the tourney is setup, there are 4 team pools that you play in, then there are brackets, 4 of them and you are seeded based on how you finish in your pool, with the winners playing in the platinum bracket, second inpool play in the gold bracket and so on (except for the predetermined top 24 teams, all placed in pool A through F who all go to th platinum bracket... some big 16 and 17 years olds that can really ball on these teams). Anyway, with the two wins, my cousins team clinches their pool as the two teams they beat went to 1-1 and played each other the next day, so even with a loss my cousins team had tiebreaker over them. THis is good as they lose their next game, but bad as they go to the platinum bracket and are seeded against the 2nd place team from Pool C.. see note above about top teams going to Pools A through E... so this morning they get lit up by 25 by this team. THis team's starting front court was 6'4, 6'6 and 6'9.. the biggest player on my cousins team id 6'5''. Thakfully the other team is classy and does not run up the score, benches starters with a lot of time to go, and plays slow down ball at the end so as to not embarass my cousins team.

Now for the World Series of Poker.

Night One - Sunday night. This is the night we were at my cousin's game, so I get back to the Rio at about 10:30. Down there for a bit and I am playing something like 3-card poker when I see TJ Cloutier walking up to a craps table (something he is notorious for) All the tables were $25 minimum, and that;s what he was betting. A short while later Kenna James joins him. That was all I saw that night and I head to bed at about 3AM.

Day Two - Get up about 10:30 and go have an early lunch at the Rio buffett. We are planning to go down to the Strip for a while, but I say I want ot go check out the WSOP first for a little bit, figuring maybe an hour or so to walk around then we will head out. WE walk down to the convention center and find where the games are being held (lets say that these online sites go all out setting up their booths.. they all had their own smaller convention rooms set up) . We go in and I see a crowd watching a game to my left, so I go to check it out. Everyone is watching Chris Moneymaker playing in a cash game... I believe it was 5-10 blinds no limit.

Start walking some more and John Juanda brushes past me on his way to his table in the Stud 8o/b tourney and then I see Lederer just a table over from him. I watch for a little bit, but they are a couple tables in from the rail so can't see much, so I keep going. I see Ted Forrest (he is a fellow Diet Pepsi drinker) and watch him for a bit. I start wandering and see Jen Harman right on the edge of the paths playing in the 8 o/b tourney. I watch for a while and the second hand I am there she rakes a large pot for that point in the tourney. I will now claim to be her good luck charm as a few hands later she rakes another decet pot. She is indeed very petite.

A little later and they announce the hold em shootout is about to begin at 2 pm. I see TOdd Brunson and Raymer as the stud tourney goes on their 20 minute break as they have been playing since noon. As we are talking to each other, Matusow steps by to get to his table for the shootout and we hear him say "LEt's get this thing going on time, I've got twenty minutes to get a stack and get back the the other tourney" Cyclones asked above how players play in both... they hop back and forth, missing hands in one or the other, or play in one while the other is on break. Stacks are deep enough to afford to miss some round of blinds. I know Lederer was in both as well, and I am sure a few others were too. Matusow was wearing a T-shirt that says Phil is a punk. Also, right as Matusow sat down, Sean Sheikhan walked up to him and they had some mock words (remeber they really went at it at lasy years Main Event). Good fun there. See a few other guys.

On way out, I am standing next to Phil Gordon (he really is a legit 6'7'') as he is asking a few players if they want in on theat Ro Sham Bo world championships that thyeh had last year as well. HE explains to this one lady that it is $500 an entry, limited to 64 players, they are nearly full and top 2 get paid.. like 20 grand for first, 12 grand to second. I very nearly pulled $500 from my wallet and told him I was in, just to see his reaction (but I didn't have the balls), but it was at 10:30 this morning and my cousin's game was at 10:20... family comes first.

SO, what I figured would be a quick one hour walk around lasted about 3 hours. We go to the Strip, and after a while end up having dinner at the Sahara (This is where I got my hour and a half of poker in, playing in a 2-4 limit game at the Excalibur.. only seat they had at the time, but it was fun as these players sucked, I just did not get a lot of playable hands). After dinner, we head back to the Rio, it is about 9 PM or so. I head down to the WSOP room again with my brother in law and mosey around a bit.. see that Ledered and Juanda are now at the same table in the stud 8 o/b tourney, see Men The Master drinking a beer and head around to where a small crowd has gathered. It is the final 13 players in the No Limit/rebuys tourney, and Phil Hellmuth is still alive, as is Humberto Brenes, Tony G and Juha Helppi. Humberto gets busted by Ohil when Phil hit an ace on the river. When it is down to 10 players they combine to 1 table and will play until there are 9 left.

Tony G (he is known for talkin a lot) doubles up through Phil, here is the hand log from cardplayer:

Tony Guoga is all-in for $36,000 after the flop of 763 and Hellmuth makes the call. Guoga shows 10 2 and Hellmuth has 55. Hellmuth has the lead and needs to dodge a spade or 10 to eliminate Guoga. The turn is the K and Guoga makes his flush. The river is a meaningless 8 and Guoga is up to $110,000.

What they don't tell you is that as soon as he doubles up, Tony G looks across the table at Phil and tells him "I am going to break you tomorrow". THe tourney director is on the mic and says,TOng has just made two predictions, first that he is going to make it to tomorrow, and second that he will bust Phil. And THis after Phil just said nice hand and good luck. That got a good laugh from the crowd. What's funny is during the course of the playing, a gentleman comes up behind me and asks if Phil is till the chip leader. He looks familiar, voice saounds familiar but I can't place it right away. So I let him know that Phil looks to be the leader, but to his left is another big stack, Juha on his right has a good stack and that the big stack was the guy wit hthe shaved hea to Juha's right (this guy busted in 10th) Gentleman thanks me for the update, stays for a little bit, then walks around ot the other side of the tables they are playing at and sits down. THat's when I recognize him as Miami John Cernuto.

Went down briefly this morning to get my dad the official WSOP Program. Quite a few player were around as the stud 8 o/b was starting up at noon. Got on the road and got home a little while ago. Time for bed soon.

Next year I am definitely going again, but I will schedule it so that I am there for the Main Event.

We got in Sunday afternoon, and my cousin had two basketball games that evening, one at 5:20 and one at 8:50. This was a big crappy shoes from spammers (I believe it was crappy shoes from spammers, they Reebok and Adidas all had tournaments this same weekend in Vegas... college coaches were everywhere) basketball tournament. My wife and I get to the first game and my cousin's team wins by 5. We go to dinner with the team and head back to the gym for the night game. THis one they win more easily. THe way the tourney is setup, there are 4 team pools that you play in, then there are brackets, 4 of them and you are seeded based on how you finish in your pool, with the winners playing in the platinum bracket, second inpool play in the gold bracket and so on (except for the predetermined top 24 teams, all placed in pool A through F who all go to th platinum bracket... some big 16 and 17 years olds that can really ball on these teams). Anyway, with the two wins, my cousins team clinches their pool as the two teams they beat went to 1-1 and played each other the next day, so even with a loss my cousins team had tiebreaker over them. THis is good as they lose their next game, but bad as they go to the platinum bracket and are seeded against the 2nd place team from Pool C.. see note above about top teams going to Pools A through E... so this morning they get lit up by 25 by this team. THis team's starting front court was 6'4, 6'6 and 6'9.. the biggest player on my cousins team id 6'5''. Thakfully the other team is classy and does not run up the score, benches starters with a lot of time to go, and plays slow down ball at the end so as to not embarass my cousins team.

Blitz, what have you done with BC?