[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Update

Easy n Dirty

Updated standings include all but the $1500 No-limit tourney. The Main Event starts today adn we will also be including the results of the 6 no-limit tourneys that take place during the Main Event.

Standings:

Player Points Percent of Perfect

Perfect Team 21954 100.00%

Wildcat2334 9064 41.29%

Biggamer 8888 40.48%

TimC 8428 38.39%

PerchoutofWater 8090 36.85%

Skylive5 8044 36.64%

Easy n Dirty 7718 35.16%

Seattle LAwDawg 7610 34.66%

Cyclones 7520 34.25%

Muck 7520 34.25%

Darin3 7446 33.92%

Chiefjay 7238 32.97%

BringBackPat 6964 31.72%

Big Country 6946 31.64%

Zooty 5642 25.70%

Perfect Team:

1 Jeff Madsen

2 Phil Hellmuth

3 Phil Ivey

4 Andy Bloch

5 Chip Reese

6 William Chen

7 David Williams

8 John Cernuto

9 Carlos Mortenson

10 Joseph Hachem

11 Mike Guttman

12 Tom Franklin

13 Allen Cunningham

14 Rafael Perry

15 John Hoang

16 James Bechtel II

17 Robert Bright

18 David Singer

19 TJ Cloutier

20 Dewey Tomko

Players with most top 16 finishes:

Carlos Mortenson 4

Jeff Madsen 4

John Cernuto 4

Phil Hellmuth 4

Jim McManus 3

Jordan Morgan 3

Joseph Hachem 3

Kirill Gerasimov 3

Rafael Perry 3

Russ Salzer 3

Tim Phan 3

47 tied with 2

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1500 no limit hold-em is over

I don't think this really impacted anyone as most name players have been resting up for the Main Event

1James Gorham

2Osman Kibar

3Mohamad Ilyas

4Age Spets

5Nicholas Ronyecz

6Miff my sweeterlie

7Jason Strasser

8George Christian

9Peter Dalhuijsen

10Steve Wise

11Earl Coggin

12James Charbonneau

13Robert Zarzycki

14Yehia "Joe" Awada

15Dimitrios Koutougos

16K.J. Kerrigan

Edited by muck

The Main Event has started. There will be at least 8532 participants...wow...with up to an additional 500 alternates each day of the four "day ones". The field is being cut into fourths, and playing down to 800 each day.

Players have an "all in" button to use, rather than pushing all their chips in each time they want to try to get knocked out. This should improve efficiency.

Also, Brett "Gank" Jungblut has position on a nun. At least, a player dressed as a nun. We will see if there are any F-bomb violations from the clergy.

Edited by muck

What does this guys' team look like...out of curiosity?

"This Guy"

1. Chris Ferguson

2. John Juanda

3. Daniel Negreanu

4. Phil Ivey

5. Phil Hellmuth

6. Greg Raymer

7. Barry Greenstein

8. Carlos Mortenson

9. Layne Flack

10. Mike Mizrachi

11. Erick Lundgren

12. Eric Seidel

13. Men Nguyen

14. Mouth Matusow

15. TJ Cloutier

16. Howard Lederer

17. Scott Fischman

18. Thomas Keller

19. Marcel Luske

20. Annie Duke- heard she won the ro-sham-bo tourney- how many points for that???

not much different than most lists- I guess having Hellmuth & JJ that high helps, although I did miss the boat on Hachem- not sure how I overlooked him. Jesus, Lederer, Seidel & Greenstein- MIA so ffar

The Main Event is coming ... and there are a half a dozen other smaller buyin hold-em tourneys that are going to be going on during the final week of the main event.

Something tells me that the winner of our little contest will be driven by someone that gets busted early in the Main Event but does VERY well in one of these 'after thought' tourneys.

Just a hunch.

I'm still gonna stick w/ this prediction.

:D I so wanted to try get into the ro sham bo tourney.... I think it would have been great to see Phil Gordon's face if i handed him the $500 and said I am in. Wish I wasn't so shy at times. Curse you sobriety.. had I been loaded I for sure would have done it.

Brett Jungblut appears to have put on some weight and he was not dressed in the nice suit that Marcel picked out for him last year, at least not on MOnday when I saw him. Though he did seem like a nice guy.

Edited by Big Country

Wildcat's team with points by player

1 Chris Ferguson 0

2 John Juanda 380

3 Daniel Negreanu 792

4 Phil Ivey 2108

5 Phil Hellmuth 2080

6 Greg Raymer 480

7 Barry Greenstein 392

8 Carlos Mortenson 1170

9 Layne Flack 240

10 Michael Mizrachi 0

11 Erick Lindgren 440

12 Erik Seidel 0

13 Men Nguyen 288

14 Mike Matusow 238

15 TJ Cloutier 384

16 Howard Lederer 0

17 Scott Fischman 0

18 Thomas Keller 0

19 Marcel Luske 72

20 Annie Duke 0

I hope it wasn't skins' brother :D

:D I think he came home. I hope it wasn't my man Bill Simmons from ESPN- would love to see him do some damage, I can't wait to see his article on the WSOP.I would love see one of those celebs busted early- Shannon Elziabeth, Affleck, Tobey Maguire, etc

BC- yes, you should have thrown 5 bills at Gordon, see his reaction. Annie Duke pulled in 10k for the won, not bad.

I hope it wasn't skins' brother :D

Skins' brother isn't playing because he didn't last to the final day of the other tourney he entered.

NOTE:

Andy Bloch raises to $125 preflop from early position and Jeff Smith calls from the button. The player in the big blind also calls and the flop comes 10/10/5. The big blind checks and Bloch bets out $200. Smith raises to $500 and the button folds. Bloch calls and the turn puts the 5 on the board. Bloch checks and the Smith bets $600. Block raises to $1,600 and Smith calls. The river is the Q and Bloch pushes all-in for $7,500. Smith asks if he is allowed to show his cards to Bloch in an attempt to get a read. He is informed that this is against the rules and would result in a penalty. Smith then asks Bloch if he has pocket Queens. Bloch does not respond and Smith eventually folds. Bloch is now up to $14,000.

...an early lead...

PS - no, I won't be providing hand-by-hand updates ... I do have things to do, after all.

Updated standings include all but the $1500 No-limit tourney. The Main Event starts today adn we will also be including the results of the 6 no-limit tourneys that take place during the Main Event.

Standings:

Player Points Percent of Perfect

Perfect Team 21954 100.00%

Wildcat2334 9064 41.29%

Biggamer 8888 40.48%

TimC 8428 38.39%

PerchoutofWater 8090 36.85%

Skylive5 8044 36.64%

Easy n Dirty 7718 35.16%

Seattle LAwDawg 7610 34.66%

Cyclones 7520 34.25%

Muck 7520 34.25%

Darin3 7446 33.92%

Chiefjay 7238 32.97%

BringBackPat 6964 31.72%

Big Country 6946 31.64%

Zooty 5642 25.70%

3rd place is tube sock place, right? :D

I forget what my team is though. :D

I expect hand-to-hand results...who's got the time?

Fri Jul 28 12:32:00 PDT 2006

All-In Called with 8-High

On a flop of 1075, Tim Rod bets $300 and his opponent raises to $600. Rod calls and the turn puts the 3 on the board. Rod again bets out with $1,500 and is again raised by his opponent to $4,000. Rod calls and the river puts the 3 on the board. Rod pushes all-in and his opponent immediately calls. Rod flips up KQ for a turned flush. His opponent says, "Do I have a straight flush? Oh, no I don't" as he shows 86 for 8-high.

:D:D me thinks you can really accumulate some chips playing solid in the ME early on - holy candied yamse

Skins' brother isn't playing because he didn't last to the final day of the other tourney he entered.

Actually, per some PM with skins, his brother got home, did well in a couple online events (to the tune of about enough to buy in to the main event) and flew out the day before yesterday to sign up for the Main Event because he had had such a good time playing in a live event.

On a flop of 1075, Tim Rod bets $300 and his opponent raises to $600. Rod calls and the turn puts the 3 on the board. Rod again bets out with $1,500 and is again raised by his opponent to $4,000. Rod calls and the river puts the 3 on the board. Rod pushes all-in and his opponent immediately calls. Rod flips up KQ for a turned flush. His opponent says, "Do I have a straight flush? Oh, no I don't" as he shows 86 for 8-high.

:D:D me thinks you can really accumulate some chips playing solid in the ME early on - holy candied yamse

:D:D:D I'll bet his name was Vinny and he came from Atlantic City wearing a NY Yankees hat, wifebeater shirt, gold chains, greasy hair and every other word was "f*ck this"....or that might've been the guy I killed heads-up at the Borgata. :D

That's a good one. Closest I have come to a move like that was in Reno one time with a friend. We are at the table and he is betting at me and I am raising back since I flopped the straight. Finally we just call on the river and he shows two pair and I cay straight and show my cards. The entire table just stares at me in disbelief. I do a double check and that is when I realize that no straight is possible with the cards on board. The board was something like 358QK. I hadhad a 47 in the BB and was unraised preflop, and in my tired stats I thought the 8 was a 6. Lukcily it was just low stakes, we got a laugh out of it and I got up shortly thereafter realizing that if I was that tired I shuld not be playing.

Actually, per some PM with skins, his brother got home, did well in a couple online events (to the tune of about enough to buy in to the main event) and flew out the day before yesterday to sign up for the Main Event because he had had such a good time playing in a live event.

Yep. Between the money he won in the WSOP tournament and subsequent wins in three online tournaments this week--kid is on a roll lately--he figured he might as well dive right back in. He is starting tomorrow or Sunday. When I know his start day I will post something.

Yep. Between the money he won in the WSOP tournament and subsequent wins in three online tournaments this week--kid is on a roll lately--he figured he might as well dive right back in. He is starting tomorrow or Sunday. When I know his start day I will post something.

Will be fun to have a "hometown" guy of sorts to root for.

Any chance he would be able to give us periodic updates on the breaks via cell or text messages?

Will be fun to have a "hometown" guy of sorts to root for.

Any chance he would be able to give us periodic updates on the breaks via cell or text messages?

Yeah, he usually calls me on the breaks and I will put something in here.

Chip Jett is already out.

other players of note playing today who are still in

Carlos Mortensen

Kirill Gerasimov

Barry Greenstein

Jim Bechtel II

Brett Jungblut

Hoyt Corkins

Andrew Black

Tony Guoga

Andy Bloch

Kenna James