[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baby found dead in vehicle

zmanzzzz

Why am I not surprised this happened in the south???

The only thing that says anything about where it was is the fact that the police were Grand Forks Police Department. I was in Grand Forks last weekend and it's in North Dakota. That's south for me but not for almost everyone else.

it was 80 at 11:00 this morning.......walked in my tool trailor, both doors were open, and instantly beaded up with sweat....couple minutes later it was hard to breath.....thought that was weird, then i read this.....the kid didn't stand a chance... :D

On the local morning news show they were testing a solar powered car cooler that you fit to your car window. It is one of those $19.99 jobs.

The cars they were testing got up to 145F :D

Feel horrible for the kid and her family.

There were times I was so tired with twin infants that I began to hallucinate. (Was actually holding a baby one time at like 4am, looked down, and saw a piglette in my arms. Nearly threw it against the wall, I was so scared). So trust me: life can get little blurry when you aren't allowed to sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time for like, oh, three months. I'm not defending this woman (I pity her, in fact), but I can comprehend firsthand how this kind of thing *might* happen.

I can absolutely relate with this. Taking care of a child, while being a monumental task, also becomes part of a "daily routine". If the stresses of life pile on---jobs, relationships, lack of sleep, poor health, it is easy to get out of whack in your "routine". I truly feel horrible for this mother, and I hope she can one day forgive herself.

The only thing that says anything about where it was is the fact that the police were Grand Forks Police Department. I was in Grand Forks last weekend and it's in North Dakota. That's south for me but not for almost everyone else.

Naw- was in the great state of Tennessee-

There were times I was so tired with twin infants that I began to hallucinate. (Was actually holding a baby one time at like 4am, looked down, and saw a piglette in my arms. Nearly threw it against the wall, I was so scared). So trust me: life can get little blurry when you aren't allowed to sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time for like, oh, three months. I'm not defending this woman (I pity her, in fact), but I can comprehend firsthand how this kind of thing *might* happen.

Good info here. It's hard to imagine, but there are some strange things one might do when sleep deprived, no matter how wrong it may seem.

+1. There are nights when the twins just take turns waking up right after the other. I've left for work in the morning so tired that I almost dozed off in the car. It's tragic what happened here. That poor lady is going to suffer the rest of her life and I feel bad for her and for the death that happened.

Zero probability that my wife would ever leave one of her kids in the back seat of the car. All you have to do is look over your right shoulder or get out and open a car door. My mom never forgot me and my wife never forgot my kids. The good moms think about their kids above and beyond anything or anyone else, and we all know that.

I live in mortal fear of doing this. My kid is so quiet sometimes.

Just once, I started to drive to work... forgetting that I was taking him to daycare. But, I realized my mistake a mile down the road.

I'm just the right combination of distracted and forgetful to make myself paranoid that I'm going to do something incredibly stupid.