[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wide Receiver ranking help

Basic scoring league; keep 2 franchise players. Picking ninth in ten team league; franchising Caddy and Ronnie Brown. Following receivers should be there when I pick; who should I target? (no bonus pts for receptions)

Randy Moss (May not be; depends if most guys dont franchise 2 backs, and go after RBs 1st)

Reggie Wayne

Donald Driver

Derrick Mason

HInes Ward

Darrell Jackson

Santana Moss

Thanks...!

I think Jackson will rebound pretty good from his injury last year. Also, having Burleson will keep teams from double covering DJax. I think he's in for a big year. Steve Smith, Darrell Jackson and Reggie Wayne were on my roster last year. We keep 3. Tiki Barber is one of my keepers and I'm gonna keep Smith and Jackson.

Edited by DocNiner52

Moss without question...He's healthy and has Brooks who unlike Collins can buy time with his feet. Brooks likes to "Zero" in on one WR most of the time..... Look what he did for Horn and what he didn't do for Stallworth. Also note that Oakland plays behind and catchup a lot AND has a real QB/WR friendly playoff schedule with Cincy (Shootout), St Louis (No Defense) and Kansas City(Catchup/Shootout) What don't you like about Randy Moss now? :D

Not bad.....based on this ranking, should snag D Jax....who i held onto all of last year, in spite of his injury.....

I tell you what...when the guy plays, he consistently produces. He'll give you few, if any, monster games, but he will rarely leave you without either 100 yards or a TD and he'll often give you both.

i think D. Jackson will have a career year this season!! R.Moss will most likely have his usuall season and S.Moss won't repeat his performance of last season!! just my amature opinion!!! :D:D

Edited by gordo721

I would worry about DJax with Nate on the team now (Hutch is gone as well and who knows how that will affect Baldies time to throw). Wayne is really nice, but of all of these - I'd pick up Moss. Just too much potential. And Brooks can gun it (and as someone stated earlier, buy some time)

Thanks for all of the input; appreciate it. If Randy falls to me, will most likely grab him..If not, will probably be D Jax, Wayne or Driver....with Walker gone, Driver will be Favre's go to target...Similar to Oakland will be behind and put the ball up....

Interesting that a lot of you feel that Brooks is an Upgrade from Collins....I thought opposite. Not that Collins is great, but has consistently one of strongest arms in NFL...

Guest danvan76

I think Moss is the highest risk/reward player. Also I think Hines and DJax will both have good years, cant go wrong with either. I think I would take the chance on Moss though, dont know why but I think with Brooks that he's going to be like the Randy of old.

Edited by danvan76

Santana Moss or Hines Ward...take your pick. They are both dynamic wideouts who have the one thing that Randy doesn't have, which is stability. Randy has been too often injured in the past few years and is getting old for an oft-injured player.

Here's how I see them

1.Randy Moss- 1290yds/10 td's

2.Darrell Jackson- 1211yds/11 td's

3.Hines Ward- 1120yds/9 td's

4.Donald Driver- 1165 yds/8 td's

5.Santana Moss- 1115 yds/8td's

6.Reggie Wayne- 1025 yds/8 td's

pretty good ranking but DJ is a touch safer than Moss but it's hard to discount Moss

Thanks for all of the feedback...I can scratch Randy Moss of the list....one of my buddies 'tipped his hat', and said that if Moss falls to him, he is taking him. I pick ninth; he picks 7th....soooooooooo Randy will be gone....Like DJax, if he stays healthy...Hines should be consistent.......I agree with Santana; boom or bust, depending on how Brunnell does.........

Reggie Wayne, Donald Driver (only if the have a nice running game) then I like D JAX I think with Burlenson there now he could open thing up a bit for him. I also like S. Moss let the Randy be somebody elses problem. IMO