[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hows my darft ...

heres my draft in a 14 owner keeper league that started up this year so the draft is full draft this year ... and tell me if i got late quality or drafted so and so too early ...

list pick with draft round and pick and total draft number 1st

1.07 7 edgerrin james

2.08 22 willis mcgahee

3.13 41 daunte culpepper

4.02 44 roy williams (wr)

5.09 65 curtis martin

6.06 76 rod smith

7.05 89 drew brees

8.10 108 keenan mccardell

9.01 113 london fletcher

10.14 140kevan barlow

11.10 150 drew bennett

12.05 159 ed reed

13.11 179 amani toomer

14.04 186 rex grossman

i still ahve more to go but this is the nucleus so far ...i still have 8 more rds to go and get a kicker and dl ...but they will be easier to fill...

heres my draft in a 14 owner keeper league that started up this year so the draft is full draft this year ... and tell me if i got late quality or drafted so and so too early ...

list pick with draft round and pick and total draft number 1st

1.07 7 edgerrin james

2.08 22 willis mcgahee

3.13 41 daunte culpepper

4.02 44 roy williams (wr)

5.09 65 curtis martin

6.06 76 rod smith

7.05 89 drew brees

8.10 108 keenan mccardell

9.01 113 london fletcher

10.14 140kevan barlow

11.10 150 drew bennett

12.05 159 ed reed

13.11 179 amani toomer

14.04 186 rex grossman

i still ahve more to go but this is the nucleus so far ...i still have 8 more rds to go and get a kicker and dl ...but they will be easier to fill...

i don't know about your darft, but your draft does not look too good to me beyond your first two picks.

most of your players have little upside and are getting up there in years. way too early for daunte - in my opinion, he will be middle of the pack in miami. you should have skipped him and tried to get a better #1 receiver than roy.

you should be focusing on nothing but young talent in the later rounds. you will not be competing this season with this group.

agree w/ton. hugh stretch taking daunte in the third really hurt your wrs. not sure how many wrs you start and i assume no mandatory te. actually if things fall right your wrs could be pretty good, but it requires all of them to step up and either stay healthy (willliams and bennett) or not get one season too old (smith, mccardell, and toomer).

agree w/ton. hugh stretch taking daunte in the third really hurt your wrs. not sure how many wrs you start and i assume no mandatory te. actually if things fall right your wrs could be pretty good, but it requires all of them to step up and either stay healthy (willliams and bennett) or not get one season too old (smith, mccardell, and toomer).

i agree with both of you but this is a 14 team draft and heres how draft started ,...1st 2 rds went with like 20-22 rb in a row taken and than followed by long run on wr`s with the stud qb`s taken in mid ..palmer,manning (both in fact) brady ...so by rd 3 there were decent wr`s but IMO none with upside of williams if martz really can inject that offense ...

i agree with both of you but this is a 14 team draft and heres how draft started ,...1st 2 rds went with like 20-22 rb in a row taken and than followed by long run on wr`s with the stud qb`s taken in mid ..palmer,manning (both in fact) brady ...so by rd 3 there were decent wr`s but IMO none with upside of williams if martz really can inject that offense ...

that's all well and good, but you would still have been better off taking a WR in daunte's spot to go with roy. daunte is no longer a stud QB. he has no randy moss and is coming back from a devastating knee injury. oh, and he is on a new team. it will be a tremendous feat for him to post average QB numbers this season.

that's all well and good, but you would still have been better off taking a WR in daunte's spot to go with roy. daunte is no longer a stud QB. he has no randy moss and is coming back from a devastating knee injury. oh, and he is on a new team. it will be a tremendous feat for him to post average QB numbers this season.

youre right ...but my pick was late 3rd rd actually next to last so that made 41 picks ..and i checked ..mcnabb,mannings,palmer and brady gone ,all starting rb`s gone ,c johnson ,owens,harrison,moss,boldin,fitzgerald,chambers,gates all gone ...imo those are good value players at 1st 3 rds ..am i right?...i am not contesting the value of culpepper cause i agree but i didnt see a wr to take so early that would have an impact ...

but i will tell u this about culpepper...hes better than frerotte ...isnt he who played qb for dolphins last year ..i forgot but who ever it was i think culpepper is by far better ...whether he can play up to his skill level is not known ..but i do remember that when chambers was drafted they did say he has skills to be almost in moss level and last year was his best year so far so there is nice potential ...Brown,Chambers,McMichael are good nucleus am i right?so there is potential

Edited by ndancosse

youre right ...

you could have just stopped there ... :D

of course there is potential, but in the 3rd round, you don't draft potential that is coming back from a shredded knee. it was a bad pick that hopefully will work out for you.

youre right ...but my pick was late 3rd rd actually next to last so that made 41 picks ..and i checked ..mcnabb,mannings,palmer and brady gone ,all starting rb`s gone ,c johnson ,owens,harrison,moss,boldin,fitzgerald,chambers,gates all gone ...imo those are good value players at 1st 3 rds ..am i right?...i am not contesting the value of culpepper cause i agree but i didnt see a wr to take so early that would have an impact ...

but i will tell u this about culpepper...hes better than frerotte ...isnt he who played qb for dolphins last year ..i forgot but who ever it was i think culpepper is by far better ...whether he can play up to his skill level is not known ..but i do remember that when chambers was drafted they did say he has skills to be almost in moss level and last year was his best year so far so there is nice potential ...Brown,Chambers,McMichael are good nucleus am i right?so there is potential

Holt, Wayne or Driver would have been the pick there. Is this TE mandatory league?

There is potential, but you could have had a top tier 2 WR. Or 1 if Holt was there. Where did Tory Holt go?

Holt, Wayne or Driver would have been the pick there. Is this TE mandatory league?

There is potential, but you could have had a top tier 2 WR. Or 1 if Holt was there. Where did Tory Holt go?

no holt was 1st wr taken just didnt think of him when listing stud wrs ..driver was there but didnt and still dont think much of him and TE is same category as wr so TE`s start as a WR

I don't like the Culpepper pick like the rest of these guys. I also didn't like the Cmart and Rod Smith picks. Those guys are old and won't contribute much in years to come.

they wont be with me in years beyond this ..its only a 4 player keeper limit

no holt was 1st wr taken just didnt think of him when listing stud wrs ..driver was there but didnt and still dont think much of him and TE is same category as wr so TE`s start as a WR

Driver is top 10 this year, but next season may be a different story. I would have gone with Wayne even though it looked like QB's were going fast.

well people didnt see rod smith producing last year but he did respectable ...

hey bud, we are giving you advice on how you did, which is what you asked for ... this is what happens when people want their draft rated. if they did not do that well, then they get the appropriate criticism and more experienced owners will point out where things could be improved. hopefully, they take that advice, which is what they asked for, and learn something. hopefully, they do not get defensive, or try to provide a ton of explanation for why they made a bad move, hoping to justify their performance. if you want advice, we will give it. if you want validation or a pat on the back, realize you may not get that when you post your team.

grits posts an arbitrary number to demonstrate what a useless exercise this is. we can give you some pointers on your performance after the draft, but the draft is indeed over, so it really is quite pointless, because you can't change anything. it never feels good to realize you should have made a different move, so these threads usually lead to someone defending their choices. if you pull off the perfect draft and just want to post it for pats on the back, well, that is kind of useless too except for stroking the ego.

take the tips we give you and use them how you like to try and improve via trades and transactions. this is not a very exciting team due to older, more established players that have more risk vs. breakout potential. you took an average QB too high at the expense of your WRs. driver is a very solid option, and the kind of player you take in the 3rd round. that is the conventional wisdom here. i hope it all works out for you.

hey bud, we are giving you advice on how you did, which is what you asked for ... this is what happens when people want their draft rated. if they did not do that well, then they get the appropriate criticism and more experienced owners will point out where things could be improved. hopefully, they take that advice, which is what they asked for, and learn something. hopefully, they do not get defensive, or try to provide a ton of explanation for why they made a bad move, hoping to justify their performance. if you want advice, we will give it. if you want validation or a pat on the back, realize you may not get that when you post your team.

grits posts an arbitrary number to demonstrate what a useless exercise this is. we can give you some pointers on your performance after the draft, but the draft is indeed over, so it really is quite pointless, because you can't change anything. it never feels good to realize you should have made a different move, so these threads usually lead to someone defending their choices. if you pull off the perfect draft and just want to post it for pats on the back, well, that is kind of useless too except for stroking the ego.

take the tips we give you and use them how you like to try and improve via trades and transactions. this is not a very exciting team due to older, more established players that have more risk vs. breakout potential. you took an average QB too high at the expense of your WRs. driver is a very solid option, and the kind of player you take in the 3rd round. that is the conventional wisdom here. i hope it all works out for you.

i am doing that and thought i was just having a good debate ..sorry if im offending u guys no intent here ..basically giving a lil debate here ..not defending my position sorry guys ..not looking for a pat or anything ....

Edited by ndancosse

If there are any good young wideouts left you should take some ASAP. Jeff Webb is a good sleeper who may still be available. I agree with the analysis on the Culpepper pick. Both Martin and Smith may show to be over-the-hill this year, and if not they surely will be very soon. I don't know what your defensive requirements are as you haven't posted those, nor do I know who might be left to take defensively.