[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominic Davis vs. Clinton Portis

OK guys. I was offered a trade earlier invovling S.Jackson which you convinced me to decline even though it was an upgrade to D.Davis. How about this: I am in a 12 team keeper league. We can keep 3 players but we can only keep 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR. We have an option to keep 2 and enter a suplimental round prior to the first round in the regular draft order. I have the 2nd pick. Our keepers need to be declared by this Friday. Once keepers are declared offseason trading is over. My current keepers are TO and Dominic Davis. I just countered his original offer with the following..... My partner picks 6th. I give him D.McNabb and my 3rd round pick for C.Portis and his 3rd round pick. This seems like a no brainer. I move down 4 spots in the 3rd round and obtain the 4th rated runningback on most draft boards I have seen and I already planned on letting McNabb go. He already has L.Johnson as his keeper. He is thinking about it. Am I making a good move?

I don't know what the official deal of the earlier trade but I would have told you to do it....

this deal looks good for you...

I was trying not to get too detailed. I contacted him to see if he wanted to trade. He offered me Portis and his 10th pick for my first. I believe my reply went something like " If you do not want to trade you should just say so". Then he offered Portis and his 5th for McNabb and my 3rd. Once he declared interest in a player I decided to use the tight time table to my advantage. I offered McNabb for Portis and swap 3rd round picks. I figure he can take it and get a good player he wants and move up a few spots in the third round or he could leave it have to send Portis into the pool.

yeah....this looks pretty one sided

Just a little, eh?

I am shocked a sane commisioner would even let this go through. Just because he has LJ should not permit him to dump the #4 ranked RB for a questionable QB.

I'd be surprised if there was an uproar from the other owners (especially the guy who was planning on taking Portis with the #1 pick).

I think you did well and made a smart trade for yourself, but it might make trading the rest of the season tough, you have put the league on warning that you would enjoy getting the better of them.

You think I pulled one over on them? I was just contacted about DD from a team that has no keeper RB. I am asking for his 2nd round pick (third over all) for DD and my 5th round pick (6th over all). If this deal goes I would have TO and Portis as my keepers. I pick 2nd in the draft. I would have the following picks: Sup. round, 1 st round. 2 picks in the 2nd round, no 3rd round pick, 2 picks in the 4th round and no 5th round. Then it would be back to normal. Even if this does not go. I still think I did pretty good.

You think I pulled one over on them? I was just contacted about DD from a team that has no keeper RB. I am asking for his 2nd round pick (third over all) for DD and my 5th round pick (6th over all). If this deal goes I would have TO and Portis as my keepers. I pick 2nd in the draft. I would have the following picks: Sup. round, 1 st round. 2 picks in the 2nd round, no 3rd round pick, 2 picks in the 4th round and no 5th round. Then it would be back to normal. Even if this does not go. I still think I did pretty good.

To me he got something for nothing. You did nothing wrong. I would have pulled the trigger to before I was left high and dry.