[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league 1.04 over all but....

cliaz

Okay scenario:

12 team keeper league – each team can keep two players but not from the same position.

Standard scoring with bonuses for 20+ yard rush, 40+ yard reception

All Tds 6 points

Line up: 1QB, 2 RBs, 2 Wrs, 1 Flex (RB, TE, WR), 1 Kicker, 1 Def

Example using 2005 players drafted on our league in no certain order (*Note my 1st round pick was K. Jones so he went back into the pot and I kept Rudi Johnson for 2.8 and Fitz for a 7th round pick.)

If the pick is listed as no player, that means a team doesn't want to keep their player from that round.

Players kept 1st round (no particular order)

1. Tomlinson

2. Alexander

3. Portis

4. Edge

5. Caddy

6. Tiki

7. Ronnie Brown

8. Steve Jackson

9. no player

10. no player

11. no player

12. no player

Players Kept 2nd round (no particular order)

1. Holt

2. TO

3. Chad Johnson

4. Smith

5. Peyton Manning

6. Rudi

7. Westbrook

8. D. Davis

9. no player

10. no player

11. no player

12. no player

Okay with all that being said I am keeping Rudi Johnson for a 2nd round pick and Larry Fitzgerald for a 7th round pick (justice right there.) which leaves me my 1st round pick that opens. Here is my question – since there are no true 1st round players available in the Running back pool and I’ll have 24 picks between my 1.04 over all pick and my 3.04 pick would I be stupid to make a move on an impact player like Brady in this 1st round. My thinking is since there are no available 1st round talent left on the board I could sweep up a top player in the QB department and then come back to my 3.04 pick with Rudi, Fitz and Brady and try to build with upside RB, WR at that point.

Or

Should I just bite the bullet and go for a RB in this round and hope to get a QB like Delhomme or Eli?

I’m just curious what everyone thinks. I’m trying to get the best value for the 1st pick.

Edited by cliaz

Okay scenario:

12 team keeper league – each team can keep two players but not from the same position.

Standard scoring with bonuses for 20+ yard rush, 40+ yard reception

All Tds 6 points

Line up: 1QB, 2 RBs, 2 Wrs, 1 Flex (RB, TE, WR), 1 Kicker, 1 Def

Example using 2005 players drafted on our league in no certain order (*Note my 1st round pick was K. Jones so he went back into the pot and I kept Rudi Johnson for 2.8 and Fitz for a 7th round pick.)

If the pick is listed as no player, that means a team doesn't want to keep their player from that round.

Players kept 1st round (no particular order)

1. Tomlinson

2. Alexander

3. Portis

4. Edge

5. Caddy

6. Tiki

7. Ronnie Brown

8. Steve Jackson

9. no player

10. no player

11. no player

12. no player

Players Kept 2nd round (no particular order)

1. Holt

2. TO

3. Chad Johnson

4. Smith

5. Peyton Manning

6. Rudi

7. Westbrook

8. D. Davis

9. no player

10. no player

11. no player

12. no player

Okay with all that being said I am keeping Rudi Johnson for a 2nd round pick and Larry Fitzgerald for a 7th round pick (justice right there.) which leaves me my 1st round pick that opens. Here is my question – since there are no true 1st round players available in the Running back pool and I’ll have 24 picks between my 1.04 over all pick and my 3.04 pick would I be stupid to make a move on an impact player like Brady in this 1st round. My thinking is since there are no available 1st round talent left on the board I could sweep up a top player in the QB department and then come back to my 3.04 pick with Rudi, Fitz and Brady and try to build with upside RB, WR at that point.

Or

Should I just bite the bullet and go for a RB in this round and hope to get a QB like Delhomme or Eli?

I’m just curious what everyone thinks. I’m trying to get the best value for the 1st pick.

I'm thinking you should be asking this question in the advice forum, you noob! :D

I'm thinking you should be asking this question in the advice forum, you noob! :D

to me this is the advice forum! that other one below this one smells like stale arm pits and has a lot of newbs in it.

Is it really 24 spots between picks for you, or so the kept players actually shorten the players taken between picks. From what you posted, I count maybe 7 picks between your picks... the 4 2nd rounders and then the 3 before you in the third.

Perhaps I misunderstood the rules or something

hard to advise without seeing the available RBs and WRs. i'm assuming some of the good ones, like you have fitz, are protected in the later rounds. that said, i'd still get the best RB on the board. there is plenty of depth at QB this year so you will see less of a dropoff at that postion vs. waiting longer to grab your RB2. hope it helps.