[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pop Quiz Hot Shots

yo mama

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Smith had a boat load of receptions. 100+ I think. Even if he dropped 20 passes for example that would still be 80% caught. He may be on the list.

Edited to add another guess:

Larry Fitz

:D Good job. Steve Smith is another correct answer. With 7 dropped passes, Smith came in 5th place at 4.7%.

I think yo mama is referring to two different things here. Miller had a 75% reception-to-target ratio, but Harrison had a 97% reception-to-drop ratio. Big difference.

Correct. The quiz was specifically adresseing the dropped pass-to-catchable pass ratio. However, reception ratio is another good indicator of good hands, so I'll mention that where approrpirate.

Maybe Witten, I remember hearing some crap on Sportscenter during the year saying he was the surest hands in the NFL, TE wise.

You are correct, though someone beat you to the punch. No TE dropped a fewer percentage of passes than Whitten. HOWEVER, Whitten's 74.2% reception ratio was bettered by a three other TEs, namely Health Miller and Jermaine Wiggins (75% each) and Erron Kinney (76.4%).

Good call Chargerz. :D

Eric Parker?

80 Targets - 0 drops = 0.0%

You know what, my research indicated the same numbers. But, for whatever reason, the source I'm getting this quiz from did not include Parker (though they probably should have).

Bonus points for Chargerz. :D

I will guess Jermaine Wiggins...

Nope, not on the top 5 "fewest percentage of dropped passes" list. Though his 75% reception ratio was the 2nd best in the NFL last year out of all TEs and tied for 8th best for all passes targets in the NFL last year.

Larry Fitzgerald?

165 targets - 1 drop = .606%

I don't know why Fitzgerald on the list, but he isn't. My research confirms what you found, that he had only 1 dropped pass, so he clearly deserves to be on this list.

:D Bonus point for Big Score 1.

FYI, the last name on the list was actually Bobby Engram, who dropped only 4 catchable passes, or 4.3%.

I was doing some research the other night, came across this news article by KC Joyner from ESPN Insider, and figured it might be fun to make a little quiz out of it. Though, as Chargerz and Big Score 1 pointed out, there were names that probably deserved to be on the list that Joyner didn't include, for whatever reason.

You know what, my research indicated the same numbers. But, for whatever reason, the source I'm getting this quiz from did not include Parker (though they probably should have).

Bonus points for Chargerz. :D

Thank Yew!! :D